• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Baker Supports Use of Terrorist Watch List to Control Gun Rights

Of course he does.

The majority of idiots support that list... and GITMO.

People on the no fly list should be charged and imprisoned IF found guilty. If they are too fangerous to fly, they are too dangerous to be free, let alone have a gun.

Why haven't the antigun advocates pointed THAT out yet? Oh, right...

The sad thing about this is he probably assumes that this list has some kind of rhyme or reason to it of how people get on it etc, and doesn't know that the .gov can put people on that list simply "cuz they want to".

-Mike

I read that there are 700,000 people on the list, and I'm sure many of them don't belong there. also, I'm sure it's pretty damn easy for some gov't bureaucrat or doctrinaire a**hole to put you there with a stroke of the pen or a phone call

I wonder how you will find out, my Lic is up next May already talked to my chief at the range the other day and he said "as long as nothing changed your good to go"
I wonder if this is one way of being denied my rights, or will you find out when you go to buy a new gun.

Last Sat I got red flagged trying to buy my 1903, I got kicked up to the FBI. The wait time at the gun shop was 45 min, then I finally got the "proceed" from my overlord masters.

What's it going to be like if this red coat Gov. Puts his stamp on this bill. Or our dear leader in the white house passes some EO, sorry folks its game over ( or new game started ) if this goes threw.

Jason.

The sad thing about this is he probably assumes that this list has some kind of rhyme or reason to it of how people get on it etc, and doesn't know that the .gov can put people on that list simply "cuz they want to".

-Mike

I'm amazed (and perplexed) that these pol's are SO ignorant. Do they never think through their positions and conclusions logically at all? [sad2]

Last edited:
I once read about a 3 year old that managed to get himself on the no fly list and I have to say, I would feel much safer knowing he will no longer be able to just walk into a gun store and load up for war.

https://www.aclu.org/issues/national-security/privacy-and-surveillance/watchlists

The ACLU is seeking reform of this broken watchlisting system in a variety of ways. We filed a landmark challenge to the No Fly List in which a federal judge struck down the government’s redress process, ruling that it “falls far short of satisfying the requirements of due process” and is “wholly ineffective.” The ACLU continues to advocate for broad reform of the watchlisting system, consistent with the court’s ruling and the Constitution.

A bloated, opaque watchlisting system is neither fair nor effective. A system in which innocent people languish on blacklists indefinitely, with their rights curtailed and their names sullied, is at odds with our Constitution and values.

Due process: always demonized by liberals as the Enemy of Progress. Baker is a Massachusetts Republican, in other words a Liberal who forgot he is a Democrat.

.Gov's plan for the terror watch list gun prohibition scheme:

1. Pass legislation making all persons on the terror watch list PP.

2. Add NRA, GOA, other pro-2A organization members, gun owners via LTCs/permits, etc. to the list.

3. ???

4. Profit!

https://www.aclu.org/issues/national-security/privacy-and-surveillance/watchlists

The ACLU is seeking reform of this broken watchlisting system in a variety of ways. We filed a landmark challenge to the No Fly List in which a federal judge struck down the government’s redress process, ruling that it “falls far short of satisfying the requirements of due process” and is “wholly ineffective.” The ACLU continues to advocate for broad reform of the watchlisting system, consistent with the court’s ruling and the Constitution.

A bloated, opaque watchlisting system is neither fair nor effective. A system in which innocent people languish on blacklists indefinitely, with their rights curtailed and their names sullied, is at odds with our Constitution and values.

I don't often agree with the Favored Civil Liberties Union, but I do this time.

Driving: The no-fly list loophole.

Gotta punish those loophole loopers somehow.

I refuse to fly in a plane I didn't preflight myself and know who I'm flying with. I'm driving rather than flying to the Midwest this summer to visit family with my wife and though longer, it'll probably be more enjoyable.

Back
Top Bottom