Baker Supports Use of Terrorist Watch List to Control Gun Rights

The question should be whether or not he supports using something like the no-fly list to prevent people from buying guns.

is this thread pertaining to HD4331?

if so I called the gov's office as per GOAL's email. spoke w staff aid, explained my family's story of immigrants who fled oppression to seek freedom, pay taxes, abide by laws, etc.

also told her if Baker signs this I will likely vote for whichever D runs agains him next election.

please everyone call Bakers office have your voice heard.

^^THIS^^

I called too and was firm but polite that supporting anything which bypasses due process was completely unacceptable. Governor Baker can be reached by phone at: 617.725.4005

I called and asked for his position on HD4331 and was told he did not have one.
I just called. He "supports the idea that people on the watch list shouldn't be able to buy guns". I said if he signs it I'm staying home for his reelection. He didn't win by much last time against a terrible candidate.

So Charlie Baker wants the .gov to be able to unilaterally suspend one of our constitutional rights in secret and without any sort of due process whatsoever? Wonderful. Ass cancer for him too.

Nice to know that our RINO governor can't drop to his knees fast enough to nuzzle King O's sack that he didn't think it through.
Can you say one term wonder Charlie?

Too long to read all the posts... Am I the only one that thinks there no way in hell this passes judicial muster?? It get's tossed on the 1st lawsuit.

-JR

If being on the no fly list and if HD4331 passes that list then the lists should also disqualify people from getting a drivers license, welfare, food stamps, housing assistance, college grants and or loans, be able to hold any city, state, or federal job, and if not a citizen have any visa cancelled and have a 30 day time frame to make travel arrangements elsewhere.

If being on the no fly list and if HD4331 passes that list then the lists should also disqualify people from getting a drivers license, welfare, food stamps, housing assistance, college grants and or loans, be able to hold any city, state, or federal job, and if not a citizen have any visa cancelled and have a 30 day time frame to make travel arrangements elsewhere.

Or vote... don't forget voting.

Free speech and voting are the third rail for an idea like this. Guns are icky, and those who have them are scary so we can restrict their rights all we want. Start talking like that about freedom of speech or voting and all of a sudden it is game over.

Back
Top Bottom