Baker Supports Use of Terrorist Watch List to Control Gun Rights

This is a textbook example of what's wrong with the no-fly list.
Yup, and it took a full-bird Marine colonel making phone calls to D.C. before anyone would even consider that "the list" might be incorrect. If you're just Mr. John Q. Public private citizen, you'd be screwed.

I think you need to be in some way documented in order to get on the list. These ese's are probably undocumented.

Not necessarily true. In some cases, the "entries" on the list are not specific identities. They may be nothing more than a name. If you match the name, you are "on the list." Then good luck proving you are not the non-specific person of interest.

Last edited:
The loons seem to forget, if we engage in a knee-jerk reaction to provide some false sense of security by stripping people of their Constitutional rights without the benefit of due process; the terrorists win. What a great example of the ability of ISIS to create irrational fear which they can use as a recruiting tool.

Of course, if your mind resides in reality and you ignore the glossy brochure being used to market this PoS plan, then you already know the true intent behind it. Like nearly all gun control measures, it is about control and not public safety. It's foolish to waste time arguing how little sense the proposal makes as public safety policy because to the people pushing it, the real agenda makes perfect sense.

add all the liberals to the watch list.

seems like they're the ones that go nuts and do all the mass shootings.

the communists in government should be the first ones added to the list.

they should add themselves. They're destroying america from the inside out.

like a cancer.

FB message sent. Will see what response I get, if any. If ignored or not a positive response, then dead to me.

I find it ironic that a lot of the people posting here about Baker agreeing that all people on the no-fly list should be denied gun rights, are all for ejecting all Muslims from this country because there are some Muslims who wage jihad.

If youre on the no fly list you will know once you fly. After that you will spend your days months and years trying to figure out why youre on it and how to get off.

I find it ironic that a lot of the people posting here about Baker agreeing that all people on the no-fly list should be denied gun rights, are all for ejecting all Muslims from this country because there are some Muslims who wage jihad.

Has anybody actually said we should eject all Muslims from the US?

My friend Eddie was over yesterday. I've known him about 10 years, introduced myself to him because I kept seeing him working on his bike when I went by his house. He's got a couple of tattoos, drinks, smokes and has a green card because he's from Bosnia. So's his wife. His son was born here. Eddie's a mechanic, his wife's a nurse, his kid's a kid...

About five years ago, I was sitting drinking with him, and I looked at him, and said something like "I don't want to be rude, but - you smoke, you drink, you're a Muslim??". He looks at me, laughs, and says "I never said I was a good Muslim". He talks a bit about Bosnia. He lived in a village, got conscripted into the army at one point, spent five years in it. Not like our army at all. Left Bosnia for a number of reasons, including the fact that he's Muslim and his wife is Catholic.

He's a friend, he's a wrench, he's a rider.

The fact that Republicans want to deport and deny immigration based on Religion and that the Democrats want to deny 5th, 2nd, and 4th Amendment rights to US Citizens means one thing:

THE TERRORISTS ARE WINNING

when they do a NICS check while you are buying a gun, doesn't it already turn up whether you are on the no-fly list or not? This all sounds like a red herring.

Congressman Jim McGovern is also pushing for the gun ban for ppl on the no-fly-list. Heard him on the radio, condescending as sh*t. Paraphrasing, 'if you're on the list mistakenly, there's a process to appeal' ...

Completely missing the 'guilty until proven innocent' point... or the lack of due process... or lack of published details as to how one gets *on* the list (or who is on the list).

If your name is even similar to someone else's name on the list, it could also cause you to be refused. It's important to think that if you're on the "no fly list" you've already had at least one constitutional right taken away (the right to due process before denying life, liberty or property). Even the Communist Broadcast System agrees that the no-fly-list is a bad thing: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/unlikely-terrorists-on-no-fly-list/ though this article is from '05-06, I wonder if they flip-flopped since Obama now supports it?

"It also has created enormous frustration and aggravation for thousands of innocent travelers who have the misfortune of sharing a name with someone on the list and some of the names are among the most common in America. Like Gary Smith, John Williams or Robert Johnson. 60 Minutes found 12 of them and brought them to New York for an interview. In New York, Kroft spoke to the group, all of them named Robert Johnson; all said they have trouble getting on airplanes. They don't look like a very dangerous group. There is a politician, a soccer coach, businessmen, even a member of the military. Yet they say they are pulled aside and interrogated, sometimes for hours until someone at the Transportation Security Administration decides they are not the Robert Johnson on the No Fly List. And they say it happens nearly every time they go to the airport. "

The No fly List is probably useless and in violation of the constitution, just like NSL's. But if it's used to remove one right, why not another? The crux of the issue is that it exists at all, not that it's now being pursued as a means of removing a second right from folks. Furthermore, if you can sneak through security at some shitty little airport in middle america, you can likely gain access to a larger plane and airport without clearing security again. The no-fly-list is akin to the TSA in general... security theatre that ends up in more police-state. Example : not knowing the criteria of getting on a no-fly list, would that not potentially make someone think twice about writing a letter of dissent to a congressman, for fear of being placed on the list? It's an implement of fear and control!

This is an interesting note from the CBS article: "some of most dangerous terrorists never even end up on the No Fly List, because the intelligence agencies that supply the names don't want them circulated to airport employees in foreign countries for fear that they could end up in the hands of the terrorists." So the list is not only useless, but actually counterproductive as it can leak that we suspect someone...

It's just like the rest of the security theater at the airport, it makes sheeple feel better.

Yet Hillary believes all Robert Johnsons are criminals: "I've gotta tell you if you are too dangerous to fly in America you are too dangerous to buy a gun in America".

Last edited:
and then baker [rofl] told the voters [rofl] he was a republican!

baker sucks, trump sucks, basically anyone in favor of this kind of bullshit sucks. period.

this, they are both in the same boat.
baker supports the fascist no fly list, every lib cheers,
trump wants to no fly list every Muslim, they go full retard on him.
major morons or hypocrites , or just beyond stupid?
you decide.

The No fly List is probably useless and in violation of the constitution, just like NSL's. But if it's used to remove one right, why not another? The crux of the issue is that it exists at all, not that it's now being pursued as a means of removing a second right from folks.

Not that I didn't prefer him to the current Marxist-in-Chief, but never forget that DHS, the TSA, the Patriot Act, and of course the No Fly List all came into existence under W.

I'm as annoyed as anyone by the left's never-ending tendency to blame GWB for Barry O's total failure as a POTUS, but in the event we're somehow able to avoid a...(10 Second pause while I vomit) President Hildabeast, don't forget how adept the Repubs also are at screwing things up.

is this thread pertaining to HD4331?

if so I called the gov's office as per GOAL's email. spoke w staff aid, explained my family's story of immigrants who fled oppression to seek freedom, pay taxes, abide by laws, etc.

also told her if Baker signs this I will likely vote for whichever D runs agains him next election.

please everyone call Bakers office have your voice heard.

Not that I didn't prefer him to the current Marxist-in-Chief, but never forget that DHS, the TSA, the Patriot Act, and of course the No Fly List all came into existence under W.

I'm as annoyed as anyone by the left's never-ending tendency to blame GWB for Barry O's total failure as a POTUS, but in the event we're somehow able to avoid a...(10 Second pause while I vomit) President Hildabeast, don't forget how adept the Repubs also are at screwing things up.

I agree that the root cause is statism. As well as reactionary and emotional measures to terrorism.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

is this thread pertaining to HD4331?

if so I called the gov's office as per GOAL's email. spoke w staff aid, explained my family's story of immigrants who fled oppression to seek freedom, pay taxes, abide by laws, etc.

also told her if Baker signs this I will likely vote for whichever D runs agains him next election.

please everyone call Bakers office have your voice heard.
Thank you.

I just received an email from someone who said Baker's office is denying he is supporting the bill. Apparently they've not seen this? http://www.wcvb.com/politics/more-can-be-done-about-gun-control-baker-says/36844962

If anyone else speaks to his office and is given the same info, please post it up here.

Back
Top Bottom