Baitcaster or spinning gear??

So, um how about for someone who has never fished? My kids keep asking me to take them ( they are 5 ) and I have ZERO knowledge or equipment

If you have never fished I would go get a few walmart spinning gear combos' to start with ..Or even spincast (Zebco's) My 5 year old nephew went from never holding a rod to being able to cast about 20 yards in minutes with a zebco combo we got from walmart for 20 bucks...I put a bobber with about 1 foot of line under it with a small bait hook and put a senko on it...His first trip out he caught 10 bass...He is now hooked and looking to get a better rod like his uncle has [rolleyes]

If you have never fished I would go get a few walmart spinning gear combos' to start with ..Or even spincast (Zebco's) My 5 year old nephew went from never holding a rod to being able to cast about 20 yards in minutes with a zebco combo we got from walmart for 20 bucks...I put a bobber with about 1 foot of line under it with a small bait hook and put a senko on it...His first trip out he caught 10 bass...He is now hooked and looking to get a better rod like his uncle has [rolleyes]

Spinning gear. Its knowledge that will always be useful no matter the level you decide to take fishing.

Thanks and sorry for the thread hijack.

Just went to Walmart and got a pair of zebco dock demon spin cast combos and a cheap Shakespeare micro series spin cast combo.... so we will see what happens

Look up wacky rigging and strait rigging a senko on google...I would get knock off senko's or you will go broke (BPS sticko's...Lots of bulk knock offs on ebay) ect...Get a few bags of light colors and a few bags of dark colors...That should get you and the kids into some fish and dont be shocked if you catch a few giants!! I personally cant stand to throw one anymore but they are pretty much a sure bet to catch you fish

Back
Top Bottom