Bad/damaged primer disposal?

Hi All,

I started reloading today, and it wasn't without it's problems (basically self induced). Anyways, I have several primers that are junk now. I was wondering how to neutralize these so I can place them in the garbage. Is there anyway to do this, or do I have to dispose of them via hazmat?

Thanks
Jr

Mark beat me to it... keep a little dish of oil of some sort on your bench to toss the bad ones in; that'll neutralize the primers.

I love this forum! You guys are the best. Dish full of oil being setup tonight. Thanks Mark, and dwarven1!

Jr

I do the same thing for defective ammunition, as do our club ranges. If you think about it, though, that solution doesn't do anything about disposing of the primers or ammo, but simply postpones the issue, in most cases for quite a few years. What we did the last time we filled up a container was to take it down to the local PD. They in turn let the State Police know what they had, and the state then picked it up and disposed of it out at their explosives disposal facility in Framingham. Don't know for sure if that procedure is still operational these days, but I'm working on the assumption it will be whenever I get around to needing it.

Ken

Back
Top Bottom