Back to guns. Do we have a SHOT show megathread?

IM definitely jumping on one of those bodyguard .380 pistols.
Untitled-2.jpg

[rockon]

Mind you these are the dimensions for the current M&P compact pistols

SKU: 109003
Model: M&P40c
Overall Length: 6.7"
Material: Zytel Polymer Frame, Stainless Steel Barrel/Slide and Structural Components
Weight Empty (No Mag): 21.9 oz.
Overall Height: 4.3"
Width: 1.2"
Sight Length: 5.75"

Its too bad that sales guy had to get arrested in vegas. For those who missed the story here is a link.http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2010/01/smith_wesson_vice_president_of.html

Last edited:
Gosh, that Bodyguard is one ugly gun. It is right up there with the LCR from Ruger. Why can't anybody make an attractive gun any more? The S&W revolvers and Kahrs are pretty nice, and maybe the S&W Chief's Specials.

Kind of like Shimano or Suntour versus Campagnolo derailleurs on bikes.

How about a modernized PPK or Beretta Cheetah, using some lightweight alloys and a little smoothing of the corners? Heck, even a Sig 232 in Scandium would be pretty keen.

i gotta admit...i like the muscular look of that bodyguard...and the dimensions are very attractive...

Well my little .25 colt holds more than that, and it fits in the palm of my hand (yes, I know the bullets are smaller, but the gun is also 1/2 the size). Now my Walther P99c is probably about the same size as the Bodyguard (maybe a tad bigger) and it holds 10+1

The Bodyguard 380 is definitely different that's for sure. Since its S&W I think there is a good chance we'll see it eventually here in MA. Maybe its just the pic but it looks huge for a 380. Already owning an LCP I don't see myself buying one. It is larger and heavier but we need an affordable pocket sized pistol in MA. If they can price is under $500 it would sell like hotcakes.

with the new MA-compliant PM9 running around $900...this thing could really gain some traction here in MA if the price is right. ill buy one if they arent crazy expensive

with the new MA-compliant PM9 running around $900...this thing could really gain some traction here in MA if the price is right. ill buy one if they arent crazy expensive

A new MA-compliant PM9 should only run around $725-750 from the distributor prices I've seen. Anything higher is strictly gouging because of the lack of shipments from Kahr at this time.

Well my little .25 colt holds more than that, and it fits in the palm of my hand (yes, I know the bullets are smaller, but the gun is also 1/2 the size). Now my Walther P99c is probably about the same size as the Bodyguard (maybe a tad bigger) and it holds 10+1

I have a Beretta .25 that holds 7 and could just about fit inside my wallet.....

Back
Top Bottom