B-Square Scope Mount on SA M1A

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
One of the FFL's assistants had his rifle at the shop today. He said it was a Federal Ordnance M-14 receiver w/o the FA controls and some real pretty wood. But the item that interested me was the B-Square scope mount he had on it. It screws into the left side of the receiver towards the chamber. He said it has worked well for him for some ten years.

Does anyone else have any experience with this method of mounting a scope on a Springfield Armory M1A? I want to mount a scope on mine but have not yet decided on how to do it.

If you must scope the M14, don't use a B-square mount. Don't use a Springfield, either. You reaaly want to use an A.R.M.S., Brookfield, or a Smith enterprise. A.R.M.S. is the probably the only one you can order (and get) right now.
The M14 family is hard to scope correctly.

P.S. Federal Ordinance isn't a USGI rifle. They are a very poor copy and are pretty much junk. Bottom of the barrel.

If you must scope the M14, don't use a B-square mount. Don't use a Springfield, either. You reaaly want to use an A.R.M.S., Brookfield, or a Smith enterprise.

That's pretty much inline with what I've heard. You really, really don't want to use a cheap scope mount on an M14. They just don't work.

Well, I guess I've got my answer. I was able to locate the ARMS website and it looks like the mount costs as much as many scopes. But I am guessing that a good scope is going to be another major purchase.

ZHA has the arms mount for the M!A. I have one on my rifle with their rings and it is much better than my springfield or brookfield machine mounts.
The quick release rings always zero.
A bit pricey though, I agree. Just the rings were over 100 bucks!
But they are good.

Back
Top Bottom