• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

b/p pistols

Not to own, but to carry it (must have LTC) or buy ammo/powder/components you need the LTC (or FID).

There was a court case a few years ago about carrying a BP pistol w/o LTC and the court ruled that you must have a LTC to carry it.

Not to own, but to carry it (must have LTC) or buy ammo/powder/components you need the LTC (or FID).

There was a court case a few years ago about carrying a BP pistol w/o LTC and the court ruled that you must have a LTC to carry it.

I don't think that you need one to get the lead. At least most places have sabots and such "over the counter." I think that all you need the LTC for is the powder and primers. At least from selling, that's all I thought that you needed. At least that's all we ever asked for an LTC for as far as black powder accessories goes.

The powder, lead and even the plastic sabots for holding the lead require an FID. They are all considered components that you need a lic. for. I found out first hand when I went to the store without my lic.. Pretty sad.

The powder, lead and even the plastic sabots for holding the lead require an FID. They are all considered components that you need a lic. for. I found out first hand when I went to the store without my lic.. Pretty sad.

Yea, I think that that might depend on where you go. Like I said...we had the sabots hanging on the shelves...along with everything else. The only thing we needed the LTC for was the powder and primers.

Perhaps they were doing something wrong...

Back
Top Bottom