B.M.A.S. 4 Rail Split Handguard Wiggle

SnakeEye

Banned
I have a BMAS front rail system on my bushmaster and it has has an annoying wiggle to it.
It rotates about an eigth of an inch and its annoying as hell when using the forward handgrip. makes the rifle feel cheap.
I didnt install the rail system and theres no posted instructions online at bushmaster, so i have no idea what keeping it in place or how to tighten it.
any insight would be greatly appreciated.
thx

Last edited:
I think these just go in the same way regular handguards do. So you could take em off same way, pull down on the large ring at the end of the handguard, near the reciever (pull down = pull ring towards reciever). I like to do this while rifle is butt down on the floor, then use my body weight to force ring down. This will then let you take out each half of the rail. I do believe with this model, the rail has a small protruding spike that should align with the nut on the inside of the hand guard ring. IE, you should be able to line that up into one of the many slots, and it should keep the hand guard from wobbling around. Perhaps yours has jumped the notch, and you need to put it back in? Either way, they are extremely easy to remove, and you should be able to see a protruding part that will keep them from rotating. Maybe yours is upside down or something...

Only the free float hand rails , which attach directly to the receiver, will lock up tight with no movement.

My KAC rail was rock solid.

The reason the BMAS isn't solid is because it's a YHM rail.As far as the original question,get a differant rail system.Troy,KAC,Samson etc..Although there souldn't be that much wiggle even with a YHM rail.

Last edited:
My KAC rail was rock solid.

The reason the BMAS isn't solid is because it's a YHM rail.As far as the original question,get a differant rail system.Troy,KAC,Samson etc..Although there souldn't be that much wiggle even with a YHM rail.

I don't have any experience with Knights products but I have some with YHM. and from what I've seen anything that would rely on the delta ring for support will move under certain levels of stress. More lateral movement along the barrel than rotational. I'm sure he's refering to rotational which may be completely nill with the Knights.
The YHM 2 piece that I had was horrible which is one of the reasons I went with the D-Defence.

Does KAC still sell that system? I couldn't find it on their web site, everything was free float.

Back
Top Bottom