[B]crossing a picket line[/B]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, you read my mind. +1

I have heard the same from friends that work in the aerospace industry in ct. They get yelled at if they carry a tool from the shop to their desk so they can do design work. I have heard of warnings being given out for things as lame as carrying a screwdriver. I lol.

You make post after post insulting people and now you're calling that the high road? Ok. I'll take the win. Thanks.
I only insulted the ones who earned it. By the way, wouldn't consider calling a whole group of people unskilled and undeserving an insult? those were not my words!

My company has a partner company in china. The company provides housing/ food and a job. If they don't like it they leave and go elsewhere. Its not slavery.
Have you ever seen the documentaries showing the "housing" conditions these people live in? and don't tell me they can just go somewhere else. These people are called migrant workers and endure these conditions in order to send what little they can home
to their peasant families. And most have to pay "rent" I seriously doubt your company is providing free housing for anyone.

I am union agnostic. Collective bargaining is consistent with individual liberty if all involved act willingly. Personally, I wouldn't want a job that included being in a union. I like being my own boss, and collectivism doesn't appeal to me. But if that's what other people like, that's just fine with me. As for picket lines, it depends on my judgment at the time. Unlike a lot of union members, I don't have to follow some arbitrary rule. But I can say for sure that I hope I never need a job that some union guys don't want.

This guy is either screwing with us or he is a fool. But he can't be intelligent and serious about this crap at the same time. Not wasting anymore time reading this dribble. On to another thread....

..... and don't tell me they can just go somewhere else. These people are called migrant workers and endure these conditions in order to send what little they can home
to their peasant families. .....

Doesn't the very definition of "migrant worker" mean they can go somewhere else?

I am also a member of local 25 like your Dad was and that must have been some years ago because the last big strike was in 1995. The Union handles thing more diplomatically than they did years ago.

Time flies when you look at timelines. The strikes were mostly 70's and 80's. Dad retired in the early '90s (1993 maybe?)

Your union dues funded countless Mafia murders and countless anti-gun, super liberal campaigns.

You paid for it. How the hell can you come here and defend it?
OK, come back to the 21st. century for a moment. Mafia, Murders? you watch too much CSI! and as far as the anti gun thing goes, the union supports Democrats because they are supposedly pro labor. I would say how can you live in and pay taxes to MA. (one of the most anti gun states in the country)? Can you defend that?

and as far as the anti gun thing goes, the union supports Democrats because they are supposedly pro labor.

Alrighty then. How come all the "Pro-labor" dems that Big Union supports are PRO ILLEGAL FREAKING IMMIGRATION? Isn't that counter productive?

OK, come back to the 21st. century for a moment. Mafia, Murders? you watch too much CSI! and as far as the anti gun thing goes, the union supports Democrats because they are supposedly pro labor. I would say how can you live in and pay taxes to MA. (one of the most anti gun states in the country)? Can you defend that?

Yes I can. I'm paid my salary in an open market. Would you make the same in an open market or do you do better as a result of being in the union?

Yes I can. I'm paid my salary in an open market. Would you make the same in an open market or do you do better as a result of being in the union?
You accused me of supporting anti gun sentiment by being a member of a labor union. I am asking you to defend supporting an anti gun state by living there and paying taxes there.

Have you ever seen the documentaries showing the "housing" conditions these people live in? and don't tell me they can just go somewhere else. These people are called migrant workers and endure these conditions in order to send what little they can home
to their peasant families. And most have to pay "rent" I seriously doubt your company is providing free housing for anyone.

Its definitely not free but factored into the wages. And the conditions are better then most in the area. Our engineers have spent weeks in the facility and have mentioned nothing bad about the conditions. This is just speaking about the less populated areas of china. I have friends in almost every major city and most if not all are very similar to our cities. Same goes for my friends from no/so korea, thailand, and japan.

No, migrant means they have no choice but to travel in order to find work.

Migrant doesn't mean they have no choice.

Migrant: One that moves from one region to another by chance, instinct, or plan.

Leave the boo-hoo [crying] stuff in the kitchen, & back up your argument with facts, not feelings.

Alrighty then. How come all the "Pro-labor" dems that Big Union supports are PRO ILLEGAL FREAKING IMMIGRATION? Isn't that counter productive?
Are you aware of the fact that the last Republican candidate for President was a co-author and stood shoulder to shoulder with Ted Kennedy on immigration reform and amnesty for illegal immigrants? Why don't you back up your facts?

Last edited:
Are you aware of the fact that the last Republican candidate for President was a co-author and stood shoulder to shoulder with Ted Kennedy on immigration reform and amnesty for illegal immigrants?

Yes, he was an awful choice for president. I'm aware of it. Now answer the question, pretty please, with a cherry on top.

Migrant doesn't mean they have no choice.

Migrant: One that moves from one region to another by chance, instinct, or plan.

Leave the boo-hoo [crying] stuff in the kitchen, & back up your argument with facts, not feelings.
I think the smoke from that blunt is clouding you senses

I think the smoke from that blunt is clouding you senses

I don't smoke that stuff, & unlike you, I can still spell.

It would be awesome if you'd stop attacking people, & answer the questions to keep the conversation going.

OK, come back to the 21st. century

You must have short term memory problems...

SEIU thug pushes reporter to ground....

The worst labor unions have always been behind this style of garbage.... and it continues to this day. Spend some time in Philadumpia or S**tcago if you don't believe us.... the unions almost run those towns, through all the corruption going between them and the local banana republic governments...

-Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
You accused me of supporting anti gun sentiment by being a member of a labor union. I am asking you to defend supporting an anti gun state by living there and paying taxes there.

OK...

Dispute any of these facts:
  • You pay a significant amount of your weekly pay (union dues) to an organization that continually supports anti-gun candidates.
  • You pay a significant amount of your weekly pay (union dues) to an organization that has historically paid lots of money to the Mafia.
  • You have no more control control of what your union dues pay for than I do of what my taxes pay for, even though I pay way less taxes than you pay union dues.
  • Even though you claim not to support anti gun candidates or the Mafia, you have no control over where your union dues (in addition to your state taxes) go.
  • Even if you move to a new state, if you stay in the union, you will continue to voluntarily pay people that want to take my guns away.
  • You receive pay and benefits above market value because you belong to an organization that threatens American capitalist ventures with Marxist work stoppages and picket line intimidation while knowing that you're paid more than non-union workers that do the same job as you.

Are any of these non-factual?

[grin] Here you go hon:
I already addressed the issue of the Dems being pro illegal immigration and the question of union vs "free market" wages was really not on topic in that case but I really don't think my pay would be that much different either way. By the way, you're a feisty one I like that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom