Awkward moment...letting someone know they're printing..

Night_solstice

NES Member
Was in Shaws on my way home when I noticed the gentleman in the isle with me and his shirt had come up and was exposing his revolver quite badly. I was torn between BMOB or letting him know, and how to do so without drawing too much attention (there were other people moving around us).

The quick thought that it COULD be an illegal firearm and I'm asking for trouble did breeze through my mind, but the quality and design of his holster (IWB vs just stuck in his waistband) led me to take the chance as he was showing everytime he reached and it was only a matter of time before someone else noticed.

*low voice* "excuse me...you're printing on your left"

him: "what????" *looking at me like I just asked him why he was buying microwave pizza*

"you're 2nd amendment is showing on your left side" and glanced down at his left while motioning slightly to my side like I was drawing. I was trying to show him I knew he was carrying and accepted it, ie: wasn't going to start screaming "HE'S GOT A GUN!!!"

him: *hand moves down and touches his exposed firearm* "damnit!!!"

he thanked me for pointing it out "my wife would have KILLED me...she warned me I should wear a longer shirt, but I didn't listen!"

I didn't thrown the NES handsign, and the whole exchange took less than 15 seconds or so, but I felt better I may have just saved someone from having his night ruined not only by having someone calling the cops that someone with a gun was checking out the frozen foods, but from having to call his wife that not only was she right, but how he was 'that guy' being talked about on the police scanner. :)

If that person should happen to be a fellow NES're, give your wife a big hug and next time let her pick out your outfits when you carry! [smile]

Good form: Hey there hoss, you got a hard on, or a hard one?
Better form: Man, what is that? A smith and wesson? Those are pretty cherry.
Awesome form: Martha just texted me, she wants you to get your dog and come right back here for a few minutes.

In MA, I guess you've got to let the guy know because he could get screwed if you don't. In most states you can just mind your own business. Also, we should probably use non-tactical terms. I, for one, didn't know what "printing" was or "being made" was, or anything like that either up until recently.

Nice.

Awesome form: Martha just texted me, she wants you to get your dog and come right back here for a few minutes.

Yeah...I'm slow. If you said that to me I probably would've blinked twice, smiled, and replied "whisky tango foxtrot?"

about 10 years ago i had a similiar exp. inside an autozone ,pulling an item down from a top rack , sweatshirt rode up and then down exposing a good portion . had no clue ,until a little girl standing in line with her mother ,said " mommy that man has a gun" very loud .. i was young and unsure of how to handle it ... i promptly left store to avoid any further attention ... probly wasnt the correct way to handle it but then again i was twentydumb years old!

Was in Shaws on my way home when I noticed the gentleman in the isle with me and his shirt had come up and was exposing his revolver quite badly. I was torn between BMOB or letting him know, and how to do so without drawing too much attention (there were other people moving around us).

The quick thought that it COULD be an illegal firearm and I'm asking for trouble did breeze through my mind, but the quality and design of his holster (IWB vs just stuck in his waistband) led me to take the chance as he was showing everytime he reached and it was only a matter of time before someone else noticed.

*low voice* "excuse me...you're printing on your left"

him: "what????" *looking at me like I just asked him why he was buying microwave pizza*

"you're 2nd amendment is showing on your left side" and glanced down at his left while motioning slightly to my side like I was drawing. I was trying to show him I knew he was carrying and accepted it, ie: wasn't going to start screaming "HE'S GOT A GUN!!!"

him: *hand moves down and touches his exposed firearm* "damnit!!!"

he thanked me for pointing it out "my wife would have KILLED me...she warned me I should wear a longer shirt, but I didn't listen!"

I didn't thrown the NES handsign, and the whole exchange took less than 15 seconds or so, but I felt better I may have just saved someone from having his night ruined not only by having someone calling the cops that someone with a gun was checking out the frozen foods, but from having to call his wife that not only was she right, but how he was 'that guy' being talked about on the police scanner. :)

If that person should happen to be a fellow NES're, give your wife a big hug and next time let her pick out your outfits when you carry! [smile]

Ok, Who did it??? Perhaps someone that got a new crossbreed holster from a group buy? Fess up......

Ive often wondered if I wore a nice pair of pants and a button up shirt tucked in and just open carred if anyone would notice or care?

happend to me reaching for a six pack on the top shelf, turned around and had a lady kinda looking at me a little funny. I just smiled and said " hey, how are you doing today" just like it was nothing at all. Because I didn't make a big deal of it, neither did she... and nothing else was said.

Food for thought, bad guy don't use holsters.

I watched a guy loading plywood outside HD a few months ago. His gun was exposed on his right side. I whistled, he turned, I pulled on my shirt on the right side and yelled ' you're showing'.
" Hey! Thanks !!"

My son asked how I knew he was a good guy, " cause he had an $80 holster !"
[rofl]

I didn't thrown the NES handsign...

What's this -- We have a handsign?! What else are you people keeping from me? [shocked]

Good job on your discrete alert...I could easily see it becoming a different kind of NES thread in the event he scared some sheeple looking for the Ben and Jerry's.

Do you mind if I take a closer look....Miss...oh miss...could you come over here...isn't that sharp looking pistol? Now honestly...do you like the wooden grips, or do you think....wait...why are you running away???

Ok, Who did it??? Perhaps someone that got a new crossbreed holster from a group buy? Fess up......

Ive often wondered if I wore a nice pair of pants and a button up shirt tucked in and just open carred if anyone would notice or care?

Thinking back, I wonder how many people did notice and either put it out of their mind, or just didn't say anything. *hmm...he's probably security/police* or *is that a .....nahhhhh....it's probably his phone*

I'd like to think people just didn't care, but I just can't wrap my head around believing that...

Not all bad guys favor "Mexican carry". The presence of a holster means nothing.

Do you always judge people bt apperances ?

You got lucky - as well as the other guy. [thinking]

Back
Top Bottom