Authorities Respond to Report of ’20 Victim Shooting’ Incident in San Bernardino

Are there people in this thread who are currently or have had experience with crime scene investigations? I'm curious to hear what they think of all that stuff left in the home of the murderers after the "investigation was concluded." It's strange to me when I recall the FBI spending several days and carrying out boxes and boxes of stuff from Jared the Subway pedo's house. If crime TV show has thought me anything, it's that seemingly mundane details can often end up being extremely important in coming to conclusions, especially since authorities are supposedly searching for links to international terrorism. Was the leftover stuff standard in the mudurers' home operating procedure, negligence or what?

Are there people in this thread who are currently or have had experience with crime scene investigations? I'm curious to hear what they think of all that stuff left in the home of the murderers after the "investigation was concluded." It's strange to me when I recall the FBI spending several days and carrying out boxes and boxes of stuff from Jared the Subway pedo's house. If crime TV show has thought me anything, it's that seemingly mundane details can often end up being extremely important in coming to conclusions, especially since authorities are supposedly searching for links to international terrorism. Was the leftover stuff standard in the mudurers' home operating procedure, negligence or what?
they didn't find what they didn't want to. If you keep looking you might find something.

Your issue is that you think that what happens on crime TV shows is realistic; its not.
Whats a link to international terrorism ? Pretty much all electronics willbe seized, then the obvious stuff; notebooks, drawings, plans etc, written correspondance, shit like that. If theres a copy of The Anarchists Cookbook or The Turner Diaries, it goes too.
Depending on what was left over in the murderers house, it was probably useless

Your issue is that you think that what happens on crime TV shows is realistic; its not.
Whats a link to international terrorism ? Pretty much all electronics willbe seized, then the obvious stuff; notebooks, drawings, plans etc, written correspondance, shit like that. If theres a copy of The Anarchists Cookbook or The Turner Diaries, it goes too.
Depending on what was left over in the murderers house, it was probably useless
I don't see why they did not take those multiple fake IDs, to possibly determine who made them and who else has them. A pic or scan is not the best evidence available. I don't see the harm in preserving the scene for a month or two. The crimes committed seem somewhat important. It sort of reminds me of the Waco crime scene preservation.

I don't see why they did not take those multiple fake IDs, to possibly determine who made them and who else has them. A pic or scan is not the best evidence available. I don't see the harm in preserving the scene for a month or two. The crimes committed seem somewhat important. It sort of reminds me of the Waco crime scene preservation.

I didnt see the fake IDs, but you have to remember , what crime is committed by having a fake ID if there is no victim? None.
What is it you gain from preserving it for a month or 2? Nothing. They have the big stuff; phones, computers, the guns etc. Everything else is useless. They dont need fingerprints or DNA none of that crap. This is a "quickie" in the SW world once the place was breeched and determined safe

Owning guns is NOT a hobby but a freedom...check...., at the same time, you deal with your constitutionally granted freedom (2A), for all intensive purposes, being stripped.

It is *intents and purposes* not "intensive purposes". I normally let crap like this slide but you irritate me. So now you know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A

Buffoonery. LE analyst? Who gives a rats ass whos fingerprints they find in that apt; totally means nothing. That apartment isnt a crime scene, its just the subject of a search warrant. Evidence had been gathered, and the feds cleared. Thats it.

Last edited by a moderator:
So what is the name of the perfect bastion of liberty in which you sir do reside?

At least some of us fight the good fight instead of retreating to safety just to mock those in the trenches

I already gave my word that I will no longer derail this thread with further rebuttles and I SHALL NOT INFRINGE upon that promise.

Last edited:
I can't think of a single other example of a major crime being committed and the alleged perpetrators abode left to be rummaged through by media mere days (or day) after the crime. In fact in many cases their residence and what is found is kept quite secret from the media. So for them to allow this tells me a couple of things. Either this cloak of secrecy we usually see is bullshit, or in this case, they had already done all the investigating they needed before hand. To think in only a day they were confident enough in their search that they could leave all that stuff and the possibility they needed something more or missed something wasn't even a concern, is quite curious. It certainly raises reasonable questions. It almost seems like they are trying to influence public opinion in a certain direction...and of course that has never been done before...[thinking]

Buffoonery. LE analyst? Who gives a rats ass whos fingerprints they find in that apt; totally means nothing. That apartment isnt a crime scene, its just the subject of a search warrant. Evidence had been gathered, and the feds cleared. Thats it.

That IS meant to be sarcastic...I hope.

That IS meant to be sarcastic...I hope.
He's serious.

Even though the media made this case seem complex it's actually a fairly simple case as far as motives and possible outcomes.

This is not fbi's first rodeo. Eventually, more details will come to life.

Again, this is not the plot from The DaVinci Code. These were pretty unsophisticated terrorists.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

He's serious.

Even though the media made this case seem complex it's actually a fairly simple case as far as motives and possible outcomes.

This is not fbi's first rodeo. Eventually, more details will come to life.

Again, this is not the plot from The DaVinci Code. These were pretty unsophisticated terrorists.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I must disagree in the strongest terms with both you and GPP. I don't trust the FBI as far as I can throw Chris Christie. Further, this whole thing is starting to smell like the Warren Commission and the 911 Commission. Evidence tampering, evidence that is, or will be ignored....c'mon....do you really trust your government agencies to be competent and honest, or rather, would you suspect there's lots of hidden agendas and scrambling going on under the covers?

Really, when's the last time you saw this type of feeding frenzy by the MSM in a situation like this??? This is unprecedented access to a crime related scene and didn't happen by accident. You can't tell me all that stuff wasn't evidence! I'm not that gullible or trusting of our leadership.

I can't think of a single other example of a major crime being committed and the alleged perpetrators abode left to be rummaged through by media mere days (or day) after the crime. In fact in many cases their residence and what is found is kept quite secret from the media. So for them to allow this tells me a couple of things. Either this cloak of secrecy we usually see is bullshit, or in this case, they had already done all the investigating they needed before hand. To think in only a day they were confident enough in their search that they could leave all that stuff and the possibility they needed something more or missed something wasn't even a concern, is quite curious. It certainly raises reasonable questions. It almost seems like they are trying to influence public opinion in a certain direction...and of course that has never been done before...[thinking]

I remember the psycho from The Colorado shootings, there were pictures up in a couple of days of his lair. The Booby traps etc, I don't think the media was let in I think they were fbi released

a thought just crossed my mind. Here was a co-worker who, on the surface, seemed ok. So lets say you were working with this guy, AND you concealed carry. Odds are you two would have started up a conversation on guns one day, and revealed you are carrying.

So then, as you attend the Xmas party and he bursts in shooting, YOU would have been target #1. It looks like if you CCW, you had better keep your damned mouth shut about it...even if you are talking to "like minded" co-workers!

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but check this out...haha

Firearms "expert" Gregg Jarrett explaining what bullet buttons are:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b24_1449315029

I couldn't concentrate because I couldn't take my eyes of the redhead reporter :)

- - - Updated - - -

a thought just crossed my mind. Here was a co-worker who, on the surface, seemed ok. So lets say you were working with this guy, AND you concealed carry. Odds are you two would have started up a conversation on guns one day, and revealed you are carrying.

So then, as you attend the Xmas party and he bursts in shooting, YOU would have been target #1. It looks like if you CCW, you had better keep your damned mouth shut about it...even if you are talking to "like minded" co-workers!

That's pretty much concealed carry 101 sir, other wise what's the point?

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but check this out...haha

Firearms "expert" Gregg Jarrett explaining what bullet buttons are:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b24_1449315029

The pure gold begins at 1:00

wow, Greggers just failed "bullet button" class on national cable TV. I think he just informed the public how to make the elusive "muiltautomatic" weapon.

wow, Greggers just failed "bullet button" class on national cable TV. I think he just informed the public how to make the elusive "muiltautomatic" weapon.

What's worse is he attempted to equate the public's understanding of "assault weapon" with "fully automatic". Nothing like pushing an agenda.

If you modify the bullet button just right, the gun goes full auto and never needs to be reloaded again. This is pretty dangerous stuff. Thank goodness the terrorists didn't get it working.

Back
Top Bottom