• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Australian company NIOA buys Barrett

mikeyp

NES Member

Australian defense contractor NIOA has expanded its global reach with the 100 percent acquisition of the industry-leading rifle design and manufacturing company, Barrett Firearms.

In announcing the deal, NIOA Group CEO Robert Nioa said the two family-owned companies came together out of a shared commitment to quality, innovation, loyalty, and mission.

“NIOA’s association with Barrett dates back to 2008. We have been inspired by the story of Barrett and admire what Ronnie, Chris and the family have built over more than four decades,” Mr. Nioa said.

People in the Instagram post in Oz are saying that the guy who owns it is pushing the fight for fun rights down there, so not sure how it will be

All people from Massachusetts, California, New Jersey and New York want civilian gun bans.

I have not idea how that other company’s leadership feels about non govt gun ownership. One of the dumbest things is believing someone from Massachusetts moving to NH or Florida is a liberal. It’s possible but it’s also very possible they’re a right winger.

Robert Francis orourke is fr9m Texas, Stacy abrams is from Georgia, so they’re definitely pro 2A, right? Alan gottlieb of SAF is from Los Angeles and charlton heston from Wilmette, a Chicago suburb so they are pro gun control, right?

Where someone is from may make it more likely someone has certain views but only based on statistics. NeRly everyone on this forum is from MA, NH, CT, ME, RI and you political and gun views don’t fit those states at all.

Time will tell but I’d be surprised if Ronnie would sell to someone who didn’t share his views. Also from a financial view only, the civilian market is much larger than the govt market. Maybe not as starkly with the areas Barrett competes in but I’d still be surprised if the civilian market wasn’t a big deal to Barrett

Back
Top Bottom