• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Attention Western MA!!

Well its time for me to start planning a GOAL event / fundraiser and after the great turnout at the MGLR seminar in Pittsfield I figured its time to get another event rolling out west..... So I need some ideas and input.

What Im looking for is:

What? - Banquet maybe?

Where? - Need a venue - you guys/gals know the area.

Date? - Late summer? Fall? (Should be a weekend day)

Time? Lunch? dinner?

I want to have another successful event out in WMA so I need your help and input!

Thanks!!!

Just off the top of my head: Lee Sportsmen's Association is having our annual open house the first weekend of October. Perhaps something the day of or the week after. We have a large facility and could possibly host a banquet, (would be up to membership/board)...

Well its time for me to start planning a GOAL event / fundraiser and after the great turnout at the MGLR seminar in Pittsfield I figured its time to get another event rolling out west..... So I need some ideas and input.

What Im looking for is:

What? - Banquet maybe?

Where? - Need a venue - you guys/gals know the area.

Date? - Late summer? Fall? (Should be a weekend day)

Time? Lunch? dinner?

I want to have another successful event out in WMA so I need your help and input!

Thanks!!!

Lee Sportmens Club would be a great place for a banquet (I'm partial). I can't say for sure but maybe we could open the ranges to guests for some pre banquet shooting.

MassMark??? any input?

Looks like you beat me to it.

Give me an idea of type of food.[grin]

Food is open for discussion [grin] Catering or game dinner is always a great option. The last banquet had family style catering which kept thing moving so that people were not waiting as long for a buffet.

Oh and I vote late fall. Mainly because if canning vegies, etc.[laugh]

Fall seemed logical to me as well ( Baby will have arrived by then[grin])

Just off the top of my head: Lee Sportsmen's Association is having our annual open house the first weekend of October. Perhaps something the day of or the week after. We have a large facility and could possibly host a banquet, (would be up to membership/board)...

Mark that sounds good! If we decide on a date in the fall would you approach the board with idea? I wouldn't mind heading to the club as well to help with the proposal.

In, barring the weekend of 9/19-20.

I also think LSA would be well suited to this sort of event. I'm planning on attending my first members meeting on the first Wednesday in June (what time again, guys?), and would be glad to stand with Mark and the Cat to propose this before the membership.

In, barring the weekend of 9/19-20.

I also think LSA would be well suited to this sort of event. I'm planning on attending my first members meeting on the first Wednesday in June (what time again, guys?), and would be glad to stand with Mark and the Cat to propose this before the membership.

9/19 is the weekend of our 35th anniversary party at Minute Man in Burlington so that weekend is out for GOAL as well.

If needed I am more than willing to attend a meeting as well. Just let me know and Ill be there!

Last edited:
Question:
I've seen quite a few WMA events. When is the next Eastern MA event?

Quite a few?

Well as far as eastern MA we just had a banquet in Braintree and will be having a 35th anniversary party in September in Burlington.

There are a lot of MGLR seminars being booked all over the state.

What are you looking for in Eastern MA?

Quite a few?

Well as far as eastern MA we just had a banquet in Braintree and will be having a 35th anniversary party in September in Burlington.

There are a lot of MGLR seminars being booked all over the state.

What are you looking for in Eastern MA?

I guess i've just seen more advertised recently in WMA. My bad kim. I know there is an upcoming MGLR seminar at my club and look forward to being there.

I guess i've just seen more advertised recently in WMA. My bad kim. I know there is an upcoming MGLR seminar at my club and look forward to being there.

If there is interest in central / eastern MA for an event I can work on something. I just need to know that we won't have to cancel it.

The MGLR seminars are great, you will be impressed!

I will bring this to the board's attention on June 3rd and will get some pre-meeting E-mails out to members prior. We have an Open House on October 3rd, (am hoping GOAL can be there) and a tentative date the following weekend for an Appleseed. One or both of those dates could either be used to promote the banquet, or perhaps the banquet could be held after the open house?

I will bring this to the board's attention on June 3rd and will get some pre-meeting E-mails out to members prior. We have an Open House on October 3rd, (am hoping GOAL can be there) and a tentative date the following weekend for an Appleseed. One or both of those dates could either be used to promote the banquet, or perhaps the banquet could be held after the open house?

Mark - October 3rd looks good right now, i will need to confirm with Jim's calendar to be sure.

What time does the open house finish?

Please at least count me in for GOAL on this event and let me know what you want me to bring.

Back
Top Bottom