ATTENTION MEMBER 'LORD1234'

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmc51

NES Member
Hi all, I posted a co-workers DPMS lower in the classifieds today for him. As some know, and most don't, I am a LEO in Ma. I have been around for a few years, have bought and sold a few things, and have had generally pleasant experiences here. I don't post a great deal, but do read a bit, some with great chuckle. I have upon occasion, made things available to this forum first, instead of posting to Gunbroker. I figure the more I can keep in the state, the better. However, today, LORD1234 seemed fit to ding me with a negative rep point and even pointed out that 'I suck'. Actually he wrote "you sucl', hmm.
My first response, well, lets just say it was just a fun moment for my partner, who tried roll out of the cruiser with the patrol rifle. However I decieded that instead of taking my toys and storming home, I am going to post the other items my co-worker wants to sell. I don't want any keyboard commando to keep good shit out of the hands of the residents here. So I am going to post several more Ar lowers, and an Ak parts kit. These are my co-workers prices, not mine. If you like them, so be it, and if you don't, just remember. I sucl. Dave

i have a couple of questions.

why doesn't your partner just list it himself?

did you try to educate your partner (or co-worker) on the "low down" of NES?

Well, I got you out of the red.

I think your his price is too high, but I'm going to express my displeasure by not buying it.

Is your buddy trying to cash in, or did he get porked when he bought it?

i have a couple of questions.

why doesn't your partner just list it himself?

did you try to educate your partner (or co-worker) on the "low down" of NES?

Whats the "low down" on NES? we don't believe in the free market. we can only charge prices that makes everyone feel good.

neg reps or whining over a price of a private sale is pure douchebaggery

Whats the "low down" on NES? we don't believe in the free market. we can only charge prices that makes everyone feel good.

Pos rep for using "douchebaggery" in a sentence. [rofl]

Pure comedy gold!

People who give neg reps over price should get neg reps in return.

If you don't like their price do one of three things:
1) Don't buy it
2) Send them a PM and offer them what you can afford.
3) Send them a PM and show them links to other places and explain you don't mean to be rude, but you feel their prices are too high.

the "low down" being of how to move the product fast IF you really want to sell it.

my fault, i was really vague.

for example: my brother wants to sell two pistols to buy an SR9. I told him to post them here and price them accordingly and they'd sell within a week. it's probably NOT the best comparrison, but that's what I meant.

i.e.

SW442, sell it for $325 with the holster and your 50 rounds

M&P, sell it for $400 with the 4 mags and holster

that is giving him the "low down" aka "inside scoop"... could he sell them each for $25 to $50 more? probably, but I told him the "scoop" if he really wants to move them fast.

3) Send them a PM and show them links to other places and explain you don't mean to be rude, but you feel their prices are too high.

I've actually done this when the M&P rebate was going on and someone was trying to sell one for more than AG Guns' price was BEFORE the rebate. The poster thanked me and lowered his price.

My co-worker with the DPMS lower got porked himself, the price is what he paid for it. He bought a complete Bushmaster and wants to lose the DPMS. Its the first thing he ever bought, and he didn't ask me before he bought. The other items I just posted are different, and two of some rarity. I advised my buds on what they should sell for, but they are the masters of their own pricing. I have posted a great deal on Gunbroker for them too, I just like coming here first. I've tried to get them to join here, but some of them only have owned the one gun I am selling for them, and are not activley into shooting. I shoot every month at the minimum, and every week when I can. Police departments are just like any other business, all types, with all different interests. Dave

Eh...if you're in a hurry to sell it, price it like you mean it.

If your (he's) not, price it for giggles (as it currently is) and hang out for a while

I don't see what the hoopla's all about. No one is forcing us to by it. Nor are they forcing us to be responsible for his (partner's) silly purchase. He can do what he wants. In a week it will be sold, or it will have 1400 page views and no posts.

also +1 to Daves rep total

( Groveland LEO's are good guys BTW, I bought a bunch of HD parts from a Sgt up there... really nice guy)

I gave you a plus two in offset. I think your price is a bit high but caveat emptor. More power to you if someone buys it.

You sucl [laugh] That's a good one.

On the bright side for your coworker, he's getting a lot of free publicity for his listing.

I fixed your list.

People who give neg reps over price should get neg reps in return.

If you don't like their price do one of three things:
1) Don't buy it
2) Send them a PM and offer them what you can afford.
4) Leave it alone as its not your business what someone prices their goods at. Do you bitch at the prices at walmart as well ?

Now that could be worth the price in itself. Depending on how long that GOOJFC would last.

Dave, If I buy it, do I get a "get out of jail free" card when I travel through Groveland? [laugh]

Dave had a legit gripe and stated it. This thread will only go down hill when 'the sucl' lord1234 reads it. I don't want another over the top pissing contest on NES. I think we can all agree that the neg rep without the sig was a ball-less thing to do.

If you two feel you need to carry on please do so via PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom