Atkinson v. Town of Rockport - Federal 1983 Civil Rights Suit

Here is the initial complaint for case # 11CV11073 filed in Federal District Court in Boston on 6/15/2011

http://cryptome.org/0004/atkinson/atkinson-001.pdf

I will be filing a second civil rights lawsuit in the same court next week as a Private Attorney General, and will be seeking to overturn all of the Mass Laws that infringe civil rights as they apply to arms and otherwise.

It is OK to piddle around fighting one unconstitutional law at a time, and fighting little 2nd amendment skirmishes that lead to political change, but this suit confronts the whole issue head on, and just brings it all to the forefront across the board on almost all Commonwealth Firearms Statutes, and brings those responsible for the infringements, violations, and deprivations to account for what they have done over the decades in the name of politics and pandering.

The Supreme court was very clear in Heller and in McDonald, and our Civil Rights are not a matter for negotiation, but rather one of enforcement, and the Federal Court system is the only suitable venue for such enforcement.

All that is needed is for one person to just say no, and instead of circulating petitions, making noise, and waving banners, but instead to merely pick up a pen and craft a suitable Civil Complaint, and pursue the matter though the proper courts.

I will advise next week once the filing for the second case are complete.

You can reach me by E-Mail at: [email protected] or via http://www.tscm.com/

If you feel so moved you can also donate to my legal fees and costs via PayPal at the above [email protected] E-Mail address.

It is OK to piddle around fighting one unconstitutional law at a time, and fighting little 2nd amendment skirmishes that lead to political change, but this suit confronts the whole issue head on, and just brings it all to the forefront across the board on almost all Commonwealth Firearms Statutes, and brings those responsible for the infringements, violations, and deprivations to account for what they have done over the decades in the name of politics and pandering.

I appreciate your fervor, but you seem to be presenting a painfully broad, poorly researched case. You cite the two most recent notable gun cases over and over (McDonald & Heller), essentially hinging every one of your points re: firearms issues on them. It's more dangerous to gun owners in Mass. than anti-gun legislation because you could break the back of other cases that are going forward, or that may in the future, because of your weak case today. You're looking at Massachusetts, other cases are looking at the nation via Massachusetts.

The whole point of a narrowly tailored case is that it forces the courts to confront a single issue, and doesn't allow them to sidestep anything. It places the ball squarely in their court, and it's been working lately. You're all over the place with this, and yes it seems like you've been wronged by a lot of people, but this seems very shortsighted and only halfway thought out. Careful steps need to be taken to bring the state gunlaws in line with some of the recent federal court cases, because good or bad, precedent is huge at this stage of the game.

I'm not trying to offend you but this probably will. I can see you've put a lot of effort into drafting this, but there's more caselaw on the subject of gunrights than you can imagine. I've been studying it for several years, and I still only know my corner of the room. I don't know if you'd believe me if I told you how much I've read, and continue to read to this day. I've read a handful of 42 USC 1983 lawsuits and cases out of Massachusetts, but I don't think you have based on what I see here.

The two cases you keep quoting were the narrow kind your OP seems to be looking down on. Since this is a gun forum I'll give you this analogy...the power of a bullet is that it's tightly contained in a barrel, energy explodes behind it and it's left with only one direction to move, straight forward. It's focused, calculated, and precise. If you throw a bullet into a fire fragments from the case are more dangerous than the projectile, because it has no focus, no aim, no power.

This case is in the firepit.

I am allowed to amend the complaint in the near future, so if you can point out particular areas that need to be addresses, or reworded, I would be happy to consider same.

I am not an attorney, so I did the best I could with what I had... if you can suggest cases, and more importantly provide insight as to how it applied to the case I filed I would be grateful.

Since the 1980's I have seen the pro-gun/anti-gun skirmishes in trying to change the Massachusetts firearms laws, and all that has happened for the most part is that for every two steps forwards the 2nd Amendment advocates take in Massachusetts, the laws shift and set them all back by 5 steps.

I feel that we need to use a very large broom to clean it up, and to confront all of it and force the Commonwealth to come into full compliance with Heller and McDonald. Not coming into compliance one statute at a time, or by negotiating for a civil right, or any thing else, but to materially, and notably change the law, against the will and expressed desire of the Commonwealth, and to actually compel the change form a sitting judge.

I felt that if I focused the matter on a single issue that it would not be in the best interested of the citizens, as it is easy to sidestep a one law challenge and for the state to legislate around it, and the "one statute challenge" activities where just getting frustrated, and as a whole the Commonwealth refused to obey the law and to respect the civil rights.

Civil rights is not a negotiable item, nor is it a "one statute challenge" over which someone can pitch a publicity campaign. Rather, civil right is something that you either have, or do not have. The U.S. Supreme Court made in perfectly clear in McDonald, so there needs to be enforcement action on a broad scale against the Commonwealth.

If you have helpful advice I would appreciate same, because I am working on a 1983 complaint on behalf of the citizens, as a Private Attorney General, and a focused 1983 case, in which I push Heller and McDonald against MGL. I am planing on filing the 2nd complaint as a "Private Attorney General" next week, so time is pretty important.

If you know of an attorney who is interested in assisting in merely creating the complaints, but who is not yet interested in joining the case as counsel I would greeting appreciate any input from them. I could use help in drafting the pleadings, but do not yet need actual representation on the case (note: outstanding opportunity for a recent law school graduate, or senior law school student).

I am an engineer and spy hunter, I think like an engineer and a scientist, I work like an engineer. If you show me 100 problems, I will take each apart, but the common link between problems, and then resolve all 100 problems. I can see what the core problems are with the MGL, and with a corrupt politics behind then, so it have to be a matter os excising the while gangrenous leg from the patient, instead of fighting with cutting off ever growing patches of dying skin endlessly.

In the case of the Commonwealth, it simply does not want its citizens to have guns, and imposes unlawful statutes in an attempt to ban or control firearms for which the Commonwealth does not have the authority to ban or control. It is thus a very simple matter of a massive civl rights violation, to the level that is rises to an action of Civil RICO is you consider some other fats as well.

Yes, I am also a fine arts photographer who has been working of a huge set of anatomy book for artists and medical people for a number of years. I use the camera to shoot against a grid for anatomical studies, and then also recreate the models positions used in classical oil painting, and carefully explore the form of the human body so that other artists can look at my photographs are use then as reference for their own drawings. My photographic work also is of value to medical people who need to carefully posed anatomical reference over which the internal structures of the body are drawn as an overlay.

Yes, but "part time" also means that he does something else besides begin a VOLUNTEER part-time EMT in his community, and that "something else" (ie: being an engineer and spy hunter) is likely where he makes his living, and that being a volunteer part-time EMT is something that he did out of kindness to other members of his community, and that it was never done for the money. In fact, you would also find that we he signed up he refused to accept any money or compensation for his volunteer work.

There was no problem is filing it, they were happy to see a pro se Plaintiff who was not trying to file for free, and they were all friendly and nice at the clerks office.

The original complaint was over 350 pages, but I parsed it down to what you see here.

Let me point out your first problem.
#1: Get a good firearms and 2nd amendment attorney to file this for you. He will do a much better job. The news media, and the public will have you made out to be a "lone lunatic" and it will be detrimental to cases, potentially at a national level! A lawyer representing you may give you the true merits of your case, and do a DEFINITELY better job then you as a pro-se attorney.

I am allowed to amend the complaint in the near future, so if you can point out particular areas that need to be addresses, or reworded, I would be happy to consider same.

I am not an attorney, so I did the best I could with what I had... if you can suggest cases, and more importantly provide insight as to how it applied to the case I filed I would be grateful.

Since the 1980's I have seen the pro-gun/anti-gun skirmishes in trying to change the Massachusetts firearms laws, and all that has happened for the most part is that for every two steps forwards the 2nd Amendment advocates take in Massachusetts, the laws shift and set them all back by 5 steps.

I feel that we need to use a very large broom to clean it up, and to confront all of it and force the Commonwealth to come into full compliance with Heller and McDonald. Not coming into compliance one statute at a time, or by negotiating for a civil right, or any thing else, but to materially, and notably change the law, against the will and expressed desire of the Commonwealth, and to actually compel the change form a sitting judge.

I felt that if I focused the matter on a single issue that it would not be in the best interested of the citizens, as it is easy to sidestep a one law challenge and for the state to legislate around it, and the "one statute challenge" activities where just getting frustrated, and as a whole the Commonwealth refused to obey the law and to respect the civil rights.

Civil rights is not a negotiable item, nor is it a "one statute challenge" over which someone can pitch a publicity campaign. Rather, civil right is something that you either have, or do not have. The U.S. Supreme Court made in perfectly clear in McDonald, so there needs to be enforcement action on a broad scale against the Commonwealth.

If you have helpful advice I would appreciate same, because I am working on a 1983 complaint on behalf of the citizens, as a Private Attorney General, and a focused 1983 case, in which I push Heller and McDonald against MGL. I am planing on filing the 2nd complaint as a "Private Attorney General" next week, so time is pretty important.

If you know of an attorney who is interested in assisting in merely creating the complaints, but who is not yet interested in joining the case as counsel I would greeting appreciate any input from them. I could use help in drafting the pleadings, but do not yet need actual representation on the case (note: outstanding opportunity for a recent law school graduate, or senior law school student).

I am an engineer and spy hunter, I think like an engineer and a scientist, I work like an engineer. If you show me 100 problems, I will take each apart, but the common link between problems, and then resolve all 100 problems. I can see what the core problems are with the MGL, and with a corrupt politics behind then, so it have to be a matter os excising the while gangrenous leg from the patient, instead of fighting with cutting off ever growing patches of dying skin endlessly.

In the case of the Commonwealth, it simply does not want its citizens to have guns, and imposes unlawful statutes in an attempt to ban or control firearms for which the Commonwealth does not have the authority to ban or control. It is thus a very simple matter of a massive civl rights violation, to the level that is rises to an action of Civil RICO is you consider some other fats as well.

Please enlighten me as to what a "spy hunter" is? I know what a counter-intelligence agent does, but spy hunter is a new term to me, unless of course I read it in a paperback novel.

As a member of "the community" when one introduces themselves with a colorful title like that I am inclined to think this: [tinfoil]

This whole thing will go nowhere and only serve to damage the work done by serious persons and organizations well versed in the law.

OH WAIT....now I remember what spy hunters are: they call me on the Anti-Terrorist tip line when I have desk duty at the Watch Center: the people that report the mysterious silver airplanes that hover for hours over their houses or are convinced that the local clerk at the convenience store is a Muslim fanatic bent on destroying the neighborhood (the fact that the guy is a Sikh from India is totally irrelevant). In the end I must go back to this: [tinfoil]

This could be a very entertaining thread [popcorn]

Since you asked: For several decades I have professionally been engaged in the business of performing bug sweeps, TEMPEST inspections, EMSEC work, RF surveys, wiretap detection, cable tracing, and all the TECHNICAL activities involved in finding bugs, wiretaps, and eavesdropping devices and threats or risks. May of my clients were government agencies who sought to protect private or classified information, defense contractors who wish to protect secrets, and other companies who were in need to analysis of the airwaves and wiring to ensure that they were not accidently leaking privileged or proprietary information outside of the company.

I have been engaged by number of government entities over the years to perform this kind of technical work, and I am considered to be one of the top people in the country who do it, speak at conference and trade show, been brought to DC countless times for projects in my area of expertise, testified before Congress a number of times (re: C-Span for some of the video), and even sat in the same room as the President as the United States and was asked direct questions by the President, face-to-face as it were.

A "spy hunter" is the person who gets as close as possible in some way to the spy to try to find the spy. In my profession, we seek out the spies towns, in this case bugging devices, and then use them to lead us, or others to the spy.

For example, a law enforcement agency will know that one of their officers has his house bugged by an outside spy (ie: drug dealer, OC crew, etc), but they will not know there the bug is actually located as they are not trained in finding such things, and they will not be able to find it, or they find one bug, but not the other three. The will then contract with me, and I will come in with a quarter million dollars of test equipment and trace down there the other bugs are, and provide report of my findings. Then I step back, while they dig the bugs out of the locations I tell them to dig into, and then once they extract the bug, I provide technical assistance in determining where it came from, and how long it has been there. My job is to find the bugs, then step back and let someone else do the rest.

I have not yet been able to find an attorney in the Commonwealth who I felt was competent in 2nd Amendment and Civil Rights issues, and I opted not to hire them after a brief chat where they could talk a blue streak about litigation, but I felt that they lacked the competence to do little more then help someone get a LTC issues, not to actually handle the matter as a civil rights case. In fact when I asked many of them about the 2nd amendment being a cvil right, even after McDonald they seemed somewhat clueless.

I do know of several very good 2nd amendment civil rights attorneys outside of the Commonwealth, but so far I have to been able to find even one on the COmmonwealth, even after considerable effort in seeking one.

If you care to make a referral to a good civil rights attorney who can practice well at the Federal level, and who is very competent in regards to second Amendment issues I would be happy for you to pass me their names and contact data, including an E-Mail address where they could be reached.

118124217272.png

You win the internet, sir. [laugh]

-Mike

Since you asked: For several decades I have professionally been engaged in the business of performing bug sweeps, TEMPEST inspections, EMSEC work, RF surveys, wiretap detection, cable tracing, and all the TECHNICAL activities involved in finding bugs, wiretaps, and eavesdropping devices and threats or risks. May of my clients were government agencies who sought to protect private or classified information, defense contractors who wish to protect secrets, and other companies who were in need to analysis of the airwaves and wiring to ensure that they were not accidently leaking privileged or proprietary information outside of the company.

I have been engaged by number of government entities over the years to perform this kind of technical work, and I am considered to be one of the top people in the country who do it, speak at conference and trade show, been brought to DC countless times for projects in my area of expertise, testified before Congress a number of times (re: C-Span for some of the video), and even sat in the same room as the President as the United States and was asked direct questions by the President, face-to-face as it were.

A "spy hunter" is the person who gets as close as possible in some way to the spy to try to find the spy. In my profession, we seek out the spies towns, in this case bugging devices, and then use them to lead us, or others to the spy.

For example, a law enforcement agency will know that one of their officers has his house bugged by an outside spy (ie: drug dealer, OC crew, etc), but they will not know there the bug is actually located as they are not trained in finding such things, and they will not be able to find it, or they find one bug, but not the other three. The will then contract with me, and I will come in with a quarter million dollars of test equipment and trace down there the other bugs are, and provide report of my findings. Then I step back, while they dig the bugs out of the locations I tell them to dig into, and then once they extract the bug, I provide technical assistance in determining where it came from, and how long it has been there. My job is to find the bugs, then step back and let someone else do the rest.

Whats your going rate? I fear martha coakley has bugged my ninja hideout in my parents basement, talking in code gets very tiring.

you have quite an impressive history that appears to be true. -for the most part.
Bruce Feirstein said, "the distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success."

so what is or was your ultimate goal in your past endevors? why did you NOT deliver the goods? -it seems that's what started this whole mess.

While I have been a member of the intelligence community since 1982 first with the Army and now believe it or for the Commonwealth of Mass. My initial training was in Signals Intelligence specifically ELINT (do you even know what that is and can you give me a working description of how the that discipline works? If you are what you say you are, you should be familiar with the term and give a working definition). As the years went by the the situation became more dynamic and fluid as it often does, I branched out into other areas as well.

What you claim to be is a Signals Counterintelligence Technician. I've known and worked with these people during my career and never once have I heard them referred to as a "spy hunters"...on occasion I have even worked with people on the Massachusetts State Police who do that sort of thing and I have never, ever, heard them refer to themselves as "spy catchers." If you have done what you have said you have done, it isn't very romantic, and its pretty damn technical i.e. "geeky." You can pretend that you are James Bond with some chick you meet in a bar...but what you have done is not so different than what other people on this forum do and have done.

In the Army people who did what say you do were in MOS 05G, later 97G never mind what we called them as a nickname, it wasn't spy hunter.

Personally, I think you are delusional and way too self-important. You might impress some people some of the time but not here. This is a pretty jaded, cynical group many of whom have "been there," "done that" I remain unimpressed, feel that you have some delusions about yourself and your importance in the world. My B.S. detectors began to red line when I read your self-serving job description.

Go back to reading your James Bond novels.

Last edited:
Question is, "How much damage can his case bring to the legitimate ones?"

Depends. Targeted litigation isn't really my cup of tea (and doesn't interest me much, other than how they can benefit my gun-owning lifestyle), and lawsuits are even less interesting to me, it's statute and caselaw that fascinate me, but...

One negative is perception. A few small victories can help motivate Mass. gun owners that change to the laws is possible through the courts. The opposite is true as well, especially if this case gets coverage from anti-gun media sources who report a victory for common sense gun laws.

The biggest danger to me is the unknown. There's no strategy to this, no plan. You can see the brilliance behind Dearth v. Holder, the various alienage cases, Jennings v. BATFE, etc. They use a little wedge to open up a huge door, and they put the courts on the spot by not allowing a biased or brush off ruling. You can sense a general direction to them and spot a pattern even if you don't have the roadmap in your hands.

Instead of waiting to file on certain issues until other cases get hammered out, coordinating with some of the other groups pushing cases right now so that effort isn't wasted and other cases aren't put in danger, this case charges forward like MGL is EgyptAir Flight 648. There's a huge potential for collateral damage here. Obviously we can assume that there are cases being developed that are being kept out of sight until the time is right, I doubt Heller was an impulsive drag race to the SCOTUS; how much time, money and effort could be flushed by this case? How many cases scuttled? It has way more possible cons than pros.

You're on your own.

I am not an attorney, so I did the best I could with what I had...

This wasn't the last helicopter out of Saigon, there's no reason to rush into this. Even if time was running out to recover damages you could have filed suit for the rights violations alone and left the big change stuff to the heavy hitters. That would have been less worse anyway.

if you can suggest cases, and more importantly provide insight as to how it applied to the case I filed I would be grateful.

You've broached so many issues it's not even funny, you're talking about thousands of hours of research.

What other single issue challenges have you seen frustrated post-McDonald in Mass.? I've barely seen any get started, nevermind fail.

My advice would be not to file.

These aren't two separate things, the complaint is the basis of your representation. If you're struggling with one, you're going to be in dire straits with the other.

Last edited:
I appreciate you observations, and after chatting with some advisors on the matter and having them spend the weekend arguing the various issues, and logic in the case, on this last Monday I file an amendment to the case, made it stronger, and more directly.

There are something like 120 defendants, a dozen of so are companies or government agencies, but most importantly, I am asking the Federal Government to force the Commonwealth of Massachusetts to obey the Bill of Rights and the Constitution of the United States , and to force them to obey the U.S. Supreme COurt ruling and opinions.

If anybody is interested in helping out with donation to help defray the costs of my filing suit, or the costs of getting the case rolling along they can donate to me via PayPal (any donations will be greatly appreciated), using the my E-mail address of: [email protected] (hint, I can use all the help I can get on this matter, so please feel free to do what you can, it will be greatly appreciated).

I filed the case "pro se" which is to mean that I wrote it for the most part on my own, with some oversight and guidance by an attorney I respect, and I handled getting it filed on my own, and I am handling getting the summons served, and getting the case ruling on my own. I am interested in working with a Civil RIghts attorney in the Boston area who might be interested in representing me on the case (hint, hint, hint), and woudl appreciate any introductions of recommendation to same.

This is not a much a "gun right" case as it is one of "Massachusetts Must Obey the Constitution and the Bill of Rights", racketeering, and a civil rights case more then anything else.

http://www.tscm.com/Amended1983Complaint[v10.0c-Final] copy.pdf

11-CV-11073-NMG

AMENDED COMPLAINT

DEMAND FOR JURY TRIAL

COMPLAINT

INTRODUCTION

1. This action for deprivation of civil rights under color of law challenges various Massachusetts statutes in regard to the keeping and, or of bearing arms to the extent that they prohibit otherwise qualified private citizens from keeping or carrying arms for the purpose of self-defense. Plaintiff seeks a declaratory judgment, injunctive relief, actual damages, and punitive damages, and attorney’s fees and costs.

2. Second Amendment Rights are no different then First Amendment Rights, nor the 4th, 5th, 6th, 8th, 9th, or 14th Amendments, nor for that matter any other part of the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

3. The government cannot exercise prior restrain in either matters of the First Amendment, nor in matters of the Second Amendment. The government may not prohibit the possession of a high volume printing press any more then they may prohibit a high capacity magazine, high capacity feeding device, high capacity firearm or assault weapon.

4. A high volume printing press in and of itself is no more or less dangerous than a high capacity firearm or a high capacity firearm magazine. In both cases a citizen is responsible or the use or misuse of either, but the government may not impose prior restraint on either.

5. A printing press, arms of various sorts, and holy books are all equally protected under the Bill of Rights. Not the States, nor the Federal Government may outlaw a religion, may not mandate a certain thickness or page count of the Holy Bible, nor the scripting of prayers by the faithful, define the size of a Prayer Rule, mandate the Mass be spoken in High Latin or English, nor impose the desires of the Government in regards to religion or political choices, nor may they impose undue control or restraint on the keeping and bearing of arms.

6. All firearms utilized by law enforcement for individual defense of the officer or for entering homes, buildings, or vehicles are suitable examples that these same or similar weapons are well suited for defense of the home.

7. The firearm itself, the configuration of the magazines, of feeding devices, the ammunition used, and the manner it which it is deployed are all evidence that a weapon is well suited for home defense.

8. By their very design, firearms are dangerous, they are supposed to be dangerous, and they are supposed to be deadly, any fool knows this. People train to become proficient with arms in order to use them in a dangerous and controlled manner, and in some cases a deadly manner. Any assertions that a particular modern arm is more or less dangerous then another is sheer and utter lunacy.

9. The “dangerousness” of any particular firearm lies in the intent of the hands that wields it, and if those hands have evil intentions and they lack access to one type of arms then they will turn to other weapons and arms that are equally or more dangerous than firearms.

10. A high capacity magazine or feeding device is protected under the 2nd Amendment, the government may not dictate any aspect of the arms that a person may choose for defense, not the feeding device or magazine, nor the type of ammunition used. The U.S. Supreme Court affirms this right, immunity, and privilege in both District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570, 592 (2008), and McDonald v. Chicago, 561 U.S. ___, 130 S. Ct. 3020, 3026 (2010). decisions.

11. Any weapon used by a SWAT team for home or business entries and/or raid is strong evidence that the same weapon is particularly suited for home defense. Otherwise, logically, the SWAT Team would not be using such weapons.

12. Logically then, any and all firearms which a law enforcement officer would normally carry on a day to day basis anywhere in the country, or which is endorsed for, sold for, endorsed as, or in any way considered as a firearm suited for individual law enforcement officers to carry or use is prima facia evidence that it is suitable for home defense as it is generally accepted as safe. The same holds true of any firearm, magazine, feeding device, or ammunition in common use by law federal, state, and local law enforcement officers.

13. Under the equal protection clause of the Bill of Rights, the police are not entitled to any greater or lesser protection than that of the common law abiding citizen. Nor may any law abiding citizen be denied the ability to keep arms identical to, or similar to those carrier by the police. In effect, by application of the Equal Protections clause of the 14th Amendment the citizens of the United States and allowed to permit arms, up to and equally those issued to, carried by, authorized by, or used by members of law enforcement of the various states. Thus, if a police off ice permitted to carry a type of arm, then so are members of the public.

14. The U.S. Supreme Court ruling in Heller and in McDonald allows the occupant of the home to determine which firearms are primarily useful for home defense, and does not allow the government to dictate which weapons be kept, or used in this regard. In fact, the law permits the use of not only a firearm, but actually that of any arms available to the person.

15. This weapon selection is highly personal, and can range from little more then a pointy stick, to an edged weapon, a bayonet, a sword or cutlass, or if they so choose a firearm of the sort they feel is most suitable.

16. Conversely, should a citizen feel strongly against the keeping, or the bearing of arms they are well within their rights not to possess or to carry same, but they may not impose their religious, philosophical, and social choices upon other citizens.

17. The state however, may not restrict the mere possession or “keeping” or arms, nor can the state restrict the “bearing of arms” by normal law abiding citizens, and at most may only control the manner in which they are carried with a minimum of interference or control.

18. At most the state may impose certain controls to keep arms out of the hands of convicted felons or those who are adjudged insane, but they may not otherwise control, license, or ban arms.

19. The Bill of Rights, and the interpretations and decisions of the U.S. Supreme Court does not permit the state to prohibit the possession of a Holy Bible, the Torah, or the Quran, or any other holy book which the state may not like, but may control the retail sale of such to a limited extent. Nevertheless, the State cannot control or license mere possession of said holy books.

20. There is no requirement under the law to obtain a license for any sort for a holy book of any religion or denomination, not a Bible, not a Sermon Book, not a Prayer Book, not a Psalm book, or a Crucifix, or prayer rug, not Statues, not candles, not high capacity church pews, not ornate prayer rugs, not pipe organs, not grand pianos, not banners, not standards, not religious iconography, not bells, not chalices, not fonts, not baptisms, not incense, not crosses, not religious symbols, not stained glass, not wafers, not hosts, not a hiram, not relics, not a Yarmulkah or Yarmulke, nor Chalice Paten, nor Communion Paten, nor Ciborium, nor Host Box, nor Missal, nor Chasuble, nor Albs, nor Altar Cloths, nor Purificator, nor Finger Towels, nor Bread Trays, nor Cup Trays, nor Bema, nor Shulcahn, nor NER TAMID, nor Corporals, nor Amices, nor Palls, nor Cincture, nor Oil Stock, nor Pyx, nor Menorah, nor Kiddush Cup, nor Vademecum, not head dresses, not a hijab, not vestments, nor Tallit or Tallis, nor choir robes.

21. Neither is any government permission or license, or ID card (which is a defacto license if it can be revoked) required for keeping Holy Bibles or other religion artifacts in ones home, or to bear them up or carry them in practice of ones chosen religion.

22. The Bill of Rights, and the interpretations and decisions of the U.S. Supreme Court does not permit the state to prohibit the possession of a modern printing press (or Holy Bible) which the state may not like, but may control the retail sale of such a press should it be overly dangerous to operate, or should the Holy Bible be printed of plastic explosive sheets. However, the State cannot control or license mere possession of said printing press (nor of the Holy Bible), nor for that matter arms.

23. There is no requirement under the law to obtain a license of any sort for a printing press ownership, not for a quill pen, not a bottle of ink, not a fountain pen, not a sheet of paper, nor an inkjet printer, or even a high capacity laser printer, nor high capacity word processor, nor even a super computer. Not type faces, not type, not metal plates, not inking pads, nor composing sticks, not type cases, nor other tools of the printing trade.

24. Neither is any government permission or license, or ID card (which is a defacto license if it can be revoked) required to keep arms in ones home, or to bear them up or carry them in defense of others, or even the State.

25. The Second Amendment “guarantee the individual right to possess and carry weapons in case of confrontation,” District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570, 592 (2008), and is “fully applicable against the States,” McDonald v. Chicago, 561 U.S. ___, 130 S. Ct. 3020, 3026 (2010).

26. However, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts steadfastly refuses to update the statutes of Massachusetts to reflect either the District of Columbia v. Heller and McDonald v. Chicago U.S. Supreme Court decisions. The Commonwealth continues to ignore both the Constitution of the United States, the Bill of Rights, and the decisions of the Supreme Court, to the level that the Commonwealth exhibits an attitude, and conducts legal matters related to firearm with utter disregard for the civil rights of the citizens, complete, willful arrogance in regards to the 2nd and 14th Amendments, and even bolder affront to the U.S. Supreme Court, and even the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, whereby the Commonwealth now chooses merely to ignore the ruling by this nations highest court.

27. The Commonwealth of Massachusetts further demonstrates their evil intentions by foisting a ruse of various licensing scheme that exists for no reason but to deprive law abiding citizens of defensive arms in their home or businesses.

28. As if this arrogance of the Commonwealth could not run more afoul of the U.S. Constitution; the Bill of Rights; the various rulings of the U.S. Supreme Court; and Massachusetts Constitution, Part The First, Article XVII, the Commonwealth continues to unlawfully and with ill intent forcibly and with deceit enter law abiding businesses, and homes of citizens who are qualified by law to possess arms, and to take those arms away by force and by deception in direct violation of Federal law, and they do so with the approval of the Attorney General of the Commonwealth, and with a approval of the District Attorneys, who then empanel Grand Juries, so that the Attorney General and District Attorneys are “making law” and trying to illegally force precedent, and misusing the Grand Jury system for political power and social controls, instead of obeying the law themselves. In some cases the police or the district attorneys will trick a Judge or Magistrate into issuing a search warrant or an arrest warrant, even when it is prohibited by law.

29. The Commonwealth encourages law enforcement officer to lie and to perjure himself or herself in order to gain arrest or search warrants, and to confect a gross deception on the court system. These law enforcement officer do this knowing they the District Attorneys nor the Attorney general will prosecute then, even when they are caught in this state sponsored deception.

30. Plaintiff seeks to establish that the recognition and incorporation of the Second Amendment – the right to possess and carry weapons in case of confrontation – renders the State’s present regulatory choice unconstitutional. Whatever the contours of a constitutional scheme might be, the Second Amendment renders a ban on the keeping and, or carrying or arms, or firearms impermissible.

[snip, removed defendant]

[snip, removed recitation of Defendants]

302. CONSTITUTIONAL PROVISIONS

303. The Second Amendment provides:
a. A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. - U.S. Const. Amndt. II.

304. The Second Amendment guarantees individuals a fundamental right to carry operable arms in all non-sensitive public places for the purpose of self-defense.

305. The Fourteenth Amendment incorporates the requirements of the Second Amendment against the States and their units of local government. McDonald v. Chicago, 561 U.S. ___, 130 S. Ct. 3020, 3042 (Jun. 28, 2010).

306. The States retain the ability to regulate the manner of carrying handguns within constitutional parameters; to prohibit the carrying of handguns in very specific, narrowly defined sensitive places; to prohibit the carrying of arms that are not within the scope of Second Amendment protection; and, to disqualify specific, particularly dangerous individuals (convicted criminals and the mentally insane) from carrying handguns.

307. The States may not completely ban the possession or carrying of handguns or other arms for self defense, may not deny individuals the right to carry handguns or other arms in non-sensitive places, may not deprive individuals of the right to carry handguns in an arbitrary and capricious manner, or impose regulations on the right to carry handguns or other arms, or impose any licensing scheme of any sort which that are inconsistent with the Second Amendment.

308. The States also may not restrict, or license the possession of firearms, pistols, rifles, revolvers, swords, foils, daggers, or other useful arms that the own selects as being most suited to their own defense, and which have been historically useful in defending the home or business.

309. The States are not allowed to dictate which weapons may or may not be kept within the home, only that certain overly unstable or overly dangerous firearms (by reason of a design flaw). For example, a large carriage-mounted cannon would be most unsuited for defense inside the home, but pretty much any modern shotgun, rifle, pistol, revolver, or edged or impact weapons or other weapons would be well suited to home, business, and property defense.

Back
Top Bottom