• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wild case resolved LTC suitability

nstassel

NES Member

Attachments

• redacted Order on Petition for Judicial Review[1020] redacted.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 116
That judge was not impressed with the licensing officer's arguments. 🤣
The lawyer for the town went bananas when she learned that he'd been trained to breach doors in the marines. She got a continuance to get a SWAT team leader to say it was impossible to breach a lock with a 9mm pistol. He wasn't thrilled when I showed him the literature for 9mm breaching ammunition.

Last edited:
Did you or the system redact the PDF in the original post?

>leader to say it was impossible to breech a lock with a 9mm pistol.

Next time, talk to ElPrez at your local gun club and invite NES members out for lab work. We can build some nice props for practical shooting stages then try to breech them 🤣

It is interesting that the court is still relying on Godfrey v. Wellesley and Shelburne vs. Moyer, even though what was legally a privilege under MA law is now a right, albeit a right of the second class.

Even more interesting is citing Godfrey that establishes that the bill of rights in MA is like a Chinese menu - Pick one for Column A, Two from Column B, etc.... and that "2A" and "5A" are in a "pick one and only column". Godfrey has his ltc revoked for exercising his right to remain silent and the court held that the remedy was not restoration of his LTC.

Last edited:
The lawyer for the town went bananas when she learned that he'd been trained to breech doors in the marines. She got a continuance to get a SWAT team leader to say it was impossible to breech a lock with a 9mm pistol. He wasn't thrilled when I showed him the literature for 9mm breaching ammunition.

No homo, Luv for the day goes to @nstassel

AND..., because 'these' particular leos weren't trained on breaching, no one else should have, could've, been. 🤡🤡 Amount 2, 1 each.

1701107643348.png

Wakefield has a long 30 year history of pulling LTC's for no good reason

Wakefield P.D. sucks

What department had a convicted felon as a Sgt who had to leave their gun at the station when off duty?

What cop took the cocaine from the evidence locker in an attempt to get his friends case tossed.. but MSP had already tested and certified the results of the evidence.

What cop raped the relative of a Governor and got away with it.

What cop was quietly retired due to a raging drug problem?

What cop set many buildings on fire by making copies of the keys building owners left at the station to get in and rig the bombs to the telephones so he could dial the number and set the fire remotely?

How many GOOD cops have been run off that department by the aholes running the department?

How many retired cops were arrested for shoplifting?

What cop near the top of the Department was steering equipment contracts to a relative?

Yes, Earl Lawson

Earl worked for Telco before becoming a cop

When he got busted there were cops all over town running home and ripping stolen phones out of they houses fearing that he was going to take a few fellow officers down with him on the way out.

I had a relative on the department at the time, the cops were working morning noon and night, extra patrols, the whole 9 yards, but they didn't know at the time it was one of their own doing it.

Now here is a funny story, a friend of mine who was a cop at the time (also never should have been a cop) was taking courses at Northeastern with all the other cops who wanted Quinn Bill money for getting an kollege edumacation

Lawson was in one of my friends classes.

The assignment was "How do Think the fires were being set in Wakefield"

Lawson's paper was a exact description of how he was lighting the fires.

It wasn't until after he got busted did all the cops in the class remember what he wrote because the Professor discussed it in class at the time.

His plan almost got discovered when a store owner came in to get his key because he need it, and the key the cops handed him back was not the key he had left them, it was a duplicate, but the cops were not interested in finding out why at the time.

He burned a lot more than the 6 buildings he pleaded guilty to

1701111938752.png

Wakefield has a long 30 year history of pulling LTC's for no good reason

Wakefield P.D. sucks

What department had a convicted felon as a Sgt who had to leave their gun at the station when off duty?

What cop took the cocaine from the evidence locker in an attempt to get his friends case tossed.. but MSP had already tested and certified the results of the evidence.

What cop raped the relative of a Governor and got away with it.

What cop was quietly retired due to a raging drug problem?

What cop set many buildings on fire by making copies of the keys building owners left at the station to get in and rig the bombs to the telephones so he could dial the number and set the fire remotely?

How many GOOD cops have been run off that department by the aholes running the department?

How many retired cops were arrested for shoplifting?

What cop near the top of the Department was steering equipment contracts to a relative?
You're making me rethink my special love for Medford PD. Wow.

You're making me rethink my special love for Medford PD. Wow.
Since I had a family member on the Dept, I had a friend who was a WPD before transferring out when Connor's was named Chief (there was a mass exodus when that happened) and I had a pretty good connection to Town Hall so I got to hear all the stuff that was not publicly known for a good 35 years, I have some interesting stories.

The cop that took the coke.... was drinking buddy of mine and he told me he took the cocaine.... he was terminated from the department for reasons I can't get into here, but he was a decent guy and one of the smartest guys I knew. He was just trying to help a friend.

Medford was (is) just corrupt, it goes beyond a few bad cops (is it 27 that are on the Middlesex D.A.'s exculpatory evidence list now?)

Breaking into the State House to steal promotional exams? Breaking into banks and stealing the Mob's money from safe deposit boxes? Yes that is ancient history but the stuff they are doing now has not made it into the light yet.... like the cop that threatened to shoot a motorist

Nice work Neil.

Stepping back from the legal issue here, the scenario describe does not lend itself to an 'optimal' procedure. People make due with the tools available to them. They try to minimize risk and hope for the best. Inaction is, in fact, action. It's a decision to do nothing and in this case doing nothing could reasonably be expected to to be more risky than what this guy did.

Good on him and good on Neil for taking this on.

Nice work Neil.

Stepping back from the legal issue here, the scenario describe does not lend itself to an 'optimal' procedure. People make due with the tools available to them. They try to minimize risk and hope for the best. Inaction is, in fact, action. It's a decision to do nothing and in this case doing nothing could reasonably be expected to to be more risky than what this guy did.

Good on him and good on Neil for taking this
Me objecting to the relevance of testimony that there were other more effective means of breaching doors was half the hearing. Plus objecting to questions concerning how many guns did the petitioner own. (The lawyer said "we need to know if he's some kind of gun crazy cowboy.")

Talk about a shit town. Let's waste taxpayer money trying to deem someone unsuitable over what amounted to a nothing burger. I mean how far is the pole lodged up their ass? Like whoever decided that it was a great idea to persecute this good samaritan, is probably one of those karens that complains whenever someone turns around near her driveway.

A bonus is each win of an LTC appeal makes it just a bit more unthinkable to judiciary and legal community that such hearings are a waste of time and only ne'er-do-wells file appeals. If my club still had a bar, I'd offer Neal a drink the next time I see him at a match.

Last edited:
Yes, Earl Lawson

Earl worked for Telco before becoming a cop

When he got busted there were cops all over town running home and ripping stolen phones out of they houses fearing that he was going to take a few fellow officers down with him on the way out.

I had a relative on the department at the time, the cops were working morning noon and night, extra patrols, the whole 9 yards, but they didn't know at the time it was one of their own doing it.

Now here is a funny story, a friend of mine who was a cop at the time (also never should have been a cop) was taking courses at Northeastern with all the other cops who wanted Quinn Bill money for getting an kollege edumacation

Lawson was in one of my friends classes.

The assignment was "How do Think the fires were being set in Wakefield"

Lawson's paper was a exact description of how he was lighting the fires.

It wasn't until after he got busted did all the cops in the class remember what he wrote because the Professor discussed it in class at the time.

His plan almost got discovered when a store owner came in to get his key because he need it, and the key the cops handed him back was not the key he had left them, it was a duplicate, but the cops were not interested in finding out why at the time.

He burned a lot more than the 6 buildings he pleaded guilty to

View attachment 821456
I had to go to Wakefield HS double sessions because the cocksucker burned down the high school

Talk about a shit town. Let's waste taxpayer money trying to deem someone unsuitable over what amounted to a nothing burger. I mean how far is the pole lodged up their ass? Like whoever decided that it was a great idea to persecute this good samaritan, is probably one of those karens that complains whenever someone turns around near her driveway.
Remember the Dentist (Kelliher?) That had a vacated restraining order and the chief of police at the time who I believe was Dohrety who had previously been a lieutenant in Watertown and Watertown couldn't get rid of him fast enough and that is a common thread in Wakefield police Chiefs Smith we got from Melrose and Melrose couldn't get rid of him fast enough either but I digress... The chief yanked his LTC and when the restraining order timed out would not return it the dentist sued and kept losing under suitability I wonder how Breun applies to the case now

And then there was this case again pre-Bruen where the guy gets screwed because the chief said that they would never issue a permit to anyone that had had a restraining order against them even if it was vacated and the Court ruled that there was no right for an individual to have a firearm in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts

Me objecting to the relevance of testimony that there were other more effective means of breaching doors was half the hearing. Plus objecting to questions concerning how many guns did the petitioner own. (The lawyer said "we need to know if he's some kind of gun crazy cowboy.")
Jesus f***ing christ on a cruise ship.

The thing that chaps my ass about this is the lack of respect for someone with a bias for action. When the shit hit the fan you do what you can with what you've got.

Here, there's no respect for that. It's sort of like the folks who won't pull someone out of a burning car because the victim might also have a spine injury. So, it's better to let them burn to death?????? The petitioner's actions were not unreasonable. He tried to do something that was NOT an unreasonable risk under the circumstances. He wasn't successful, but he also didn't make matters worse. Society really needs more people. like this, willing to put themselves out there trying to do the right thing.

I don't think there was a thread on this.

After trying to rescue a quadriplegic from a burning home my client had his LTC suspended.

After fighting for almost a year he won it back today. We will pick up the license tomorrow.
Was it Tom Mullen representing the town of Wakefield or did they bring in a Hired gun because it was a gun case?

Back
Top Bottom