• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ATF Stockpiling Gun Owners’ Personal Data

http://www.gao.gov/assets/680/678091.pdf

A report from the Government Accountability Office released Monday showed that the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives was, in fact stockpiling gun owners’ personal identification – a flagrant violation of federal law.

One of the data-collecting systems called Multiple Sales (MS) requires that multiple firearms purchased at once must be reported to ATF by the federal firearms licensee (FFL). ATF policy requires that the bureau internally removes particular data from multiple gun sales reports after two years if the firearm has not been traced to criminal activity. GAO found that ATF does not adhere to its own policy. In fact, “until May 2016, MS contained over 10,000 names that were not consistently deleted within the required 2 years.”

The report stated that the study was conducted to the ATF could improve its policies, but also stressed that the bureau has a role in “protecting the privacy rights of law-abiding gun owners.” The report claims that ATF agreed with the report recommendations.

Another system called Access 2000, or A2K, establishes servers to be used by National Tracing Center (NTC) personnel. The NTC can electronically search FFLs’ records for certain information needed to track the history of a firearm.

While GAO’s investigation revealed that A2K for currently-operating FFLs complied with formal policy, A2K for out-of-business FFLs did not comply with the restrictions “because ATF maintained these data on a single server.” They were directed to get rid of this consolidated information and did so in March 2016. Furthermore, GAO found that ATF does not, but potentially should, have an outlined policy that specifies how out-of-business FFLs should submit documentation of compliance or share pertinent information.”

Now, that they’ve been caught, these agencies shrug their shoulders, mumble an “I’m sorry” and promise never to do it again. If we end up with a President Clinton, that apology will probably turn into a smug grin and a “who cares?”

http://libertyparkpress.com/atf-ill...blasts-obama-admin-for-reprehensible-lawless/

Dean

Water is wet.

In fact, “until May 2016, MS contained over 10,000 names that were not consistently deleted within the required 2 years.”

i'm probibly one of those names

A lot like illegal retention of NICS data under Clinton. Nothing is beneath the fascist left.

Nothing is beneath our government,why do you think our founding fathers put in the 2nd.

Let's see how smug those corrupt MF'ers are in a few months.
No agency I would rather see swept clean.
They have been pulling crap like this and worst for as long as I can remember.
I would like to see Trump clean them out right down to the last person.

It's a nice dream, but do you really think Trump is going to care about any of that crap? He "said" he was going to make putting Hillary in prison one of his first tasks in office if he was elected. Now he is proclaiming that he was only saying that to win the election. About the only thing we can be thankful for is that things would have gotten worse for us way quicker with Clinton, but I wouldn't count on anything better than status quo for our cause with this guy.

It's a nice dream, but do you really think Trump is going to care about any of that crap? He "said" he was going to make putting Hillary in prison one of his first tasks in office if he was elected. Now he is proclaiming that he was only saying that to win the election. About the only thing we can be thankful for is that things would have gotten worse for us way quicker with Clinton, but I wouldn't count on anything better than status quo for our cause with this guy.

I suppose we could at least wait till he's actually in the big chair before we dump on him for stuff he hasn't done yet .
If he let's us down I'll be elbowing you out of the way for a front row at the crap throwing .

and even if he does that, he will raise the ire of enough of the left to insure a D gets back in office, and that D will reinstate everything Trump axed.

He's gotta be running out of retired Marine Generals by now.

Good, he can move to the next lower rank
At least we they may put America's interest first ahead of the bums that have been in power the last 8 years that can't bring themselves to say Islamic terrorism.

and even if he does that, he will raise the ire of enough of the left to insure a D gets back in office, and that D will reinstate everything Trump axed.

Take a shot anyway because we had nothing left to lose with Hillary in office. Not a thing Trump will do in the next 4 years could or would have been anything less American than Obama has already done or Hillary had in store for the country.

There should be a list for people who put ketchup on hotdogs...

or say y'all.

Just sayin'

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2016/03/the-case-for-yall/473277/

How did this happen? Anyone who’s used English in any capacity knows that “you” is a sorry excuse for a plural pronoun. Imagine the confusion of walking into a crowded room and yelling, “You need to listen up!” Who would everyone assume you were referring to? How could they tell? It’s rare to find a scenario in which a person is clearly addressing a group of people that doesn’t include an implied qualifier (as in, in the context of a speech) or an unnecessarily long explicit qualifier (“you all”) to specify that “you” is doing the duty that it has been assigned as a plural pronoun. This is some terribly inefficient language, and it’s high time for a fix. It’s time for “y’all.”

Other countries might laugh at our difficulty. Spanish speakers in Spain have their vosotros; Spanish speakers elsewhere have ustedes. German has ihr. Swahili uses nyinyi. But modern English requires that “you” be jury-rigged in order to fulfill its true plural purpose.

Americans have created their own ingenious solutions to provide the proper plural context. “You guys” seems to be the most dominant, with “you all,” “youse,” “you-uns,” or even “yinz” popping up in different local contexts. The Brits have “you lot.” Trinidadian Creole uses allyuh, which from its construction seems related to “you all.” And then there’s our precious gem, “y’all,” a staple of both Southern English and African American Vernacular English (AAVE), which either spun from or spun off Southern English itself.

“You guys” isn’t sufficient as a national solution. Firstly, we live in an era of increased scrutiny and consideration over the gender of pronouns that we use, especially as feminism and trans activism expand and shape languages. “They” is entering the picture as a formal gender-neutral singular and plural pronoun. And although “guys” has lost some of its masculine connotation in the English language by proximity to “you,” it’s still a word that immediately connotes a group of men. As workplace and social situations seek to become increasingly inclusive of women and people who don’t conform to gender binaries, “you guys” feels more and more archaic.

But those origins may also have something to do with the stigmatization of “y’all.” Southern accents and Southern words are generally perceived by Yankee ears as making their speakers less intelligent, and that ain’t right. The regional bias also bleeds into a quasi-racial bias against AAVE, even during a time when we have a president who employs a cache of its words, including “y’all,” fairly liberally. This is the struggle I’ve long silently endured as a black Carolinian: code-switching my “y’all” to “you all” in speech and emails, mostly because “you guys” was a step too far in the direction of awful. Have I mentioned that “you guys” is really bad?

So let’s end that stigmatization and give “y’all” its rightful place in language proper. “Y’all hiring?” “Y’all ok?” The possibilities are endless, and a simple substitution could actually solve a real problem in modern English that will only grow as we continue to examine how gender works in language. It could provide a better and gender-neutral word. It could relieve “you” of the impossible task of ostensibly functioning in so many roles, and maybe even along the way ease some of the regional and racial stigmatization of language and slang. It’s worth a shot, y’all.

We've suspected for a long time that the feds are collecting data in violation of the law.

Just sayin'

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2016/03/the-case-for-yall/473277/

We've suspected for a long time that the feds are collecting data in violation of the law.

Funny that article doesn't mention where it came from. Which I just learned a few days ago. BITD ye meant you and ye all was the plural you. Over time it was compressed from ye all to y'all. It's funny how it has been viewed as a dumb southern thing when, for more than 100 yrs, the southerners were the only ones speaking correctly.

Multiple Sales only applies to hand guns/pistols. If you haven't purchased multiple handguns from the same dealer within five consecutive business days, your detailed information was never sent to the ATF.

We've had 24+ years of garbage atf thugs I'll take the 4 year break, but im not holding my breath either.

Multiple Sales only applies to hand guns/pistols. If you haven't purchased multiple handguns from the same dealer within five consecutive business days, your detailed information was never sent to the ATF.

Mult purch forms for long guns exist for states that are adjacent to mexico now.

Mult purch forms for long guns exist for states that are adjacent to mexico now.

Learn something new every day....

[FONT=&quot]In August 2011, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) was authorized by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) under information collection 1140-0100 to initiate similar reporting requirements on the multiple sale or other disposition of certain rifles from licensed firearms dealers in the four border states of Arizona, California, New Mexico and Texas . In November 2014, it was submitted for renewal without change and approved by OMB. The expiration date is Nov. 30, 2017.[/FONT]

Ted Nugent for ATF director!

13396122194_f10cc3e5aa_o.png

Funny that article doesn't mention where it came from. Which I just learned a few days ago. BITD ye meant you and ye all was the plural you. Over time it was compressed from ye all to y'all. It's funny how it has been viewed as a dumb southern thing when, for more than 100 yrs, the southerners were the only ones speaking correctly.
"Yeah buddy"! *

*if y'all live above the mason- Dixon ,this term is not understood.

Back
Top Bottom