• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ATF issues rule change proposal regarding pistol braces

1623121173866-png.490385

I actually believe with those stupid ass guidelines this would have 4 points but would actually be something a brace could theoretically make sense.
20200730_173733-jpg.403925

Am I reading it right that this leaves braces on pistols under 64 ounces still classified as pistols no matter the other features? For example a Ruger 10/22 Charger model 4938 weights 52 ounces according to Ruger's website. ATF proposed form 4999 says you weigh the gun without accessories and the brace is an accessory. A BX25 magazine weights less than 10 ounces unloaded so that Charger 10/22 can have a brace installed without having to pass the 4999 checklist?

I disagree. Civil disobedience includes pushing the limits and normalizing things at the limit. The more people normalizing short carbines outside of the NFA, the better. It changes perception. We now have many new shooters around the country who view short carbines with braces as totally normal and attempts to ban them foolish.
I can’t see how any of this won’t result in a massive court case... the ATF is the one who caused this to begin with.

This is basically a fed version of healeyban using similar logic, lol. They came up with this pile of garbage because simply reneging upon the first letter allowing them would look worse in court.

ATF: “if you cant dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bullshit”. [rofl]

Clown World.

I can’t see how any of this won’t result in a massive court case... the ATF is the one who caused this to begin with.

This is basically a fed version of healeyban using similar logic, lol. They came up with this pile of garbage because simply reneging upon the first letter allowing them would look worse in court.

ATF: “if you cant dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bullshit”. [rofl]

Clown World.

Defund and abolish the atf completely.

Repeal the NFA

Refund every tax stamp that has ever been issued.

Anything less is just continued infringement.....and everyone knows it.

I disagree. Civil disobedience includes pushing the limits and normalizing things at the limit. The more people normalizing short carbines outside of the NFA, the better. It changes perception. We now have many new shooters around the country who view short carbines with braces as totally normal and attempts to ban them foolish.
I agree, as I said "Just don't go around whining when you do get noticed, that was the point in the first place. Hold you head high, acknowledge your actions and hopefully it will motivate others."

Ok I had it in my head between him and mountain. So was close. Still too damn funny. @Broccoli Iglesias How you going to fail the brace test with no brace on your BFR?

Now I really want to do braces for X-frame and monster revolvers just to push boundaries...
Don't build braces, build rifle stocks for the revolvers.

Am I reading it right that this leaves braces on pistols under 64 ounces still classified as pistols no matter the other features? For example a Ruger 10/22 Charger model 4938 weights 52 ounces according to Ruger's website. ATF proposed form 4999 says you weigh the gun without accessories and the brace is an accessory. A BX25 magazine weights less than 10 ounces unloaded so that Charger 10/22 can have a brace installed without having to pass the 4999 checklist?
Or if they are under 12". The PROPOSED rule applied to firearms 12"-26"

Here is ATF 4999 for determining whether your pistol is going to be declared an SBR for no real reason:
https://www.atf.gov/file/154866/download

Braced pistol requirements:
  • Weight: >64oz, <120oz
  • Length: >12", <26"
  • Length of pull: <13.5"
  • Brace arm strap is required.
  • Seconday grip is disallowed.
  • Scope with short eye relief is disallowed.
  • Bipod with a folding adapter is disallowed.

Let's not forget their real intent here. Turn millions of Americans into prohibited persons when they are caught with their formerly legal pistol, now illegal SBR. Enter ATF tiddlywink math, and boom instant felon.

I'd be willing to bet that not a quarter of the current owners/users of braces will even know that the ATF has reclassified their firearm.

Capture.PNG

I don't understand the whole short rifles have no place in the military when they have literally been shortening rifles for the last hundred years with cases getting extreme in some cases.
Edit: Though one of the cases quoted in this specific article talks about how it only has military application which we have established during the first test of the NFA said sawn-offs were excluded because they have NO military application. Interesting mental gymnastics.
Don't build braces, build rifle stocks for the revolvers.
while stocks are much more to the point and cooler. Why wouldn’t I go for an opportunity to make them trip over themselves to rationalize parts of a stupid point system.

Last edited:
I don't understand the whole short rifles have no place in the military when they have literally been shortening rifles for the last hundred years with cases getting extreme in some cases.

while stocks are much more to the point and cooler. Why wouldn’t I go for an opportunity to make them trip over themselves to rationalize parts of a stupid point system.
If you really want to build a brace, you can loan my BFR and build me a brace.

I can't hardly wait for the first ATF takedown of a disabled person in a wheelchair who uses a pistol brace. You know break the arms and legs yanking some guy out of wheelchair to grab that evil evil pistol brace. I mean they're used every day in crimes right? BLM is practically tossing them at cops, so yeah we need to ban another piece of plastic. Jesus what a bunch of dolts. We are governed by world class idiots.

ATF has no problem shooting dead a woman holding a baby, gassing kids and burning them the f*** down. Not only that, those agents are celebrated "heroes" and rattle that as their "accomplishments"

Who would you think give a f*** about some disabled Nazi, white supremacist, wrongthinker and parking meter evader? I'm sure he is a felon in a bunch of ways already.

At this point, I just assume they use these proposals to create detailed lists of everyone that makes any effort to oppose it so they can later use that list as a priority arrest list for being Domestic Terrorists. Which is exactly why we are now in a shoot first ask questions later world.
Everyone on NES has had their IP traced and we are all on some list of potential terrorists. I dont care if people here use VPN, 99.9% of people f*ck up and become easily traceable.

Your close family and friends are in that list as well.

Chances are that nothing will happen to 99.9% of us. But if you ever do something stupid and they want to get you, they will use everything against you.

Back
Top Bottom