Assisted Knives

Good knife for small $ (under $50).
Kershaw Cryo, (2.75 inch blade) want something larger look for the new Cryo II (like 3.5 inch blade).
Heavy little knife but it is fast opening, a frame lock, and has the Hinderer lock bar stabilizer previously only available in knives costing much more $$$.
And it has a four way deep carry pocket clip.
It was designed by Rick Hinderer and was a 2012 Blade magazine best buy.
smitty

I've never been a Kershaw fan or assisted opener fan but man that knife makes me want to reconsider my stance.

Buy a Benchmade with the Axis lock. With very little practice you can open it as fast or faster than any assisted knife. The Osborne 940 is a great folding knife. About $175 but very well made here in the USA. Benchmade makes good stuff.

Chris

Lynn C. Thompson is a martial arts expert and an edged weapons expert. Why don't you just travel to Ventura, CA and say it to his face?

Anyone here have that old video of him walking shots into a target? [rofl]

ETA:... maybe it's in this gem that Bill 0 posted earlier...

-Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone here have that old video of him walking shots into a target? [rofl]

ETA:... maybe it's in this gem that Bill 0 posted earlier...

-Mike

I have to say that while this guy may not be the most eloquent speaker and he is obviously a bit out of shape and awkward, he is very decent shot. He was making some very good hits at 200 yards that a lot of NESrs couldn't make at 20!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say that while this guy may not be the most eloquent speaker and he is obviously a bit out of shape and awkward, he is very decent shot. He was making some very good hits at 200 yards that a lot of NESrs couldn't make at 20!

Was he actually making those shots? Or was the video edited to make it appear he was making those shots? I'll concede the "Rip and Search" method is pretty badass and should be used more.

Was he actually making those shots? Or was the video edited to make it appear he was making those shots? I'll concede the "Rip and Search" method is pretty badass and should be used more.

I guess that's a fair point. They only show him firing then the video shows the target, but obviously not at the same time so I guess someone else could have been making the shots with a rifle or something. Based on his closer range hits though, I'd still say he is a lot better shot than many guys I've seen at the range. Honestly, I don't know if I could make a 200 yard pistol shot because my local range is only 100, but I have never tried even that with a handgun. I will have to try it sometime just for fun. My biggest obstacle will be my vision at that range honestly.

you could make that shot. The key is to wear 2 different gloves

I got a kick out of that too! I guess if you're super tacticool you need a special trigger glove for extra accuracy. Hey, maybe Michael Jackson was actually a sharpshooter and we didn't even know it.[laugh]

Back
Top Bottom