• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Right To Keep & Bear Arms Also Includes Knives

These anti-gun lawyers crack me up…

”Those “common use” weapons are contrasted with “dangerous and unusual” weapons that can be banned consistent with the Second Amendment. At least that is how most courts and commentators, including the trial court in this case, have read Heller. Teter instead relied purely on the plain text, as explicated by Heller, to say that all weapons falling into the dictionary definition of “arms” are constitutionally protected...

That is a startling reading of the decisions. It means, for example, that shoulder-fired missiles, suitcase nukes, handheld bio weapons, and many more weapons of mass destruction (so long as they are bearable) are presumptively entitled to Second Amendment protection.“

A flipper is not a balisong/butterfly knife. A flipper is just like any of the thumb opening or spring assist knifes except it fixed on bearings and you can flip it open. Faster then a spring assist

Oh - I know what you mean, now. The little doo-hickey sticking out the backside of the knife. I never used that, I'm faster with just snapping my thumb on the stud (so to speak) to open the knife.

I was talking about the balisong trainers, that are referred to as flippers, so they don't sound so knife like.

These anti-gun lawyers crack me up…

”Those “common use” weapons are contrasted with “dangerous and unusual” weapons that can be banned consistent with the Second Amendment. At least that is how most courts and commentators, including the trial court in this case, have read Heller. Teter instead relied purely on the plain text, as explicated by Heller, to say that all weapons falling into the dictionary definition of “arms” are constitutionally protected...

That is a startling reading of the decisions. It means, for example, that shoulder-fired missiles, suitcase nukes, handheld bio weapons, and many more weapons of mass destruction (so long as they are bearable) are presumptively entitled to Second Amendment protection.“
He missed cannons, which must be protected or those Letters of Marque and Reprisal wouldn't be worth the parchment they were calligraphed on.

Oh - I know what you mean, now. The little doo-hickey sticking out the backside of the knife. I never used that, I'm faster with just snapping my thumb on the stud (so to speak) to open the knife.

I was talking about the balisong trainers, that are referred to as flippers, so they don't sound so knife like.

A flipper is even faster even which a thumb stud and there are flipperswith thumb studs. Its about the blade sitting on ball bearings you still don't get it it is obvious you are not a knife guy

Do you have a problem with this ???

A flipper is even faster even which a thumb stud and there are flipperswith thumb studs. Its about the blade sitting on ball bearings you still don't get it it is obvious you are not a knife guy
Is this because Fletch was right and it’s all ball bearings now?

No. I don’t get it. I’m as much a Fudd with knives as I am with my guns.

Thanks for trying.

I disagree i feel like flippers my hand is out of position compared to a spyderco or axis lock

Granted its just box opening

Is this because Fletch was right and it’s all ball bearings now?

No. I don’t get it. I’m as much a Fudd with knives as I am with my guns.

Thanks for trying.
No problem the entire knife world is a totally different thing. Most don't even know about flipper action knifes unless you are totally into knifes. Thumb stud, assisted, automatic and fixed blade knifes are common and most know about them. I used to share by an assisted open then someone enlighten me about flip action and now I don't Cary anything else. Super fast no springs and as far as thumb studs I could never use them with any accuracy to get the open fast
If you are able to use a thumb stud proficiently hats off to you. Try a flipper with a thumb stud you will be amazed.

So butterfly knives and switchblades get special banning because they're scary. The question is, are they cool because they're banned in places, because they're scary, or are they just cool? Oh yeah, don't forget gravity knives.

Funny thing, is these don't have any more capability than any other knife. One day my friend at work pulled out an OTF (Benchmade Infidel IIRC) and we all thought it was cool, but we "raced" him opening that with me opening my CRKT with a thumb flick, and they were pretty darn close. We couldn't tell which was faster, but the winner was by a split second. Yet my liner lock is fully legal, and his OTF could get him in trouble.

Is there anything besides guns and knives that are unfairly regulated just for looks?
Hawaiian war clubs. just kidding

hawaiianleiomanoweapon.jpg

Emerson Wave for the win. But switchblades are cool and no reason for them to be illegal.

Agree on Emerson, though I'm too cheap to buy one for myself.

As for my bolded part, that is 100% the reason to own one, and the reason people don't want you to have one - some people just can't stand others having fun.

My 11 year old son was playing with his OTF, because that's what you do with an OTF. An older gentleman came by and told him that his knife was illegal (I've checked, it isn't) and my son said, "Yeah, my dad knows, sir. But he says it's a stupid law so I can have it. You can talk to him if you want, he's over there" and pointed me out. The guy got all bug eyed and left. When my son told me what he said, I almost pissed myself laughing, then I took him for ice cream.

Agree on Emerson, though I'm too cheap to buy one for myself.

As for my bolded part, that is 100% the reason to own one, and the reason people don't want you to have one - some people just can't stand others having fun.

My 11 year old son was playing with his OTF, because that's what you do with an OTF. An older gentleman came by and told him that his knife was illegal (I've checked, it isn't) and my son said, "Yeah, my dad knows, sir. But he says it's a stupid law so I can have it. You can talk to him if you want, he's over there" and pointed me out. The guy got all bug eyed and left. When my son told me what he said, I almost pissed myself laughing, then I took him for ice cream.
That's some dad of the year shiz right there

Hawaiian war clubs. just kidding

hawaiianleiomanoweapon.jpg

Disguised as a dance, it was performed with blades between the toes.

How about an Ulu knife I just got one not sure it is a good carry option.

Attachments

• 20230823_111214.jpg
    20230823_111214.jpg
    976.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 20230823_111233.jpg
    20230823_111233.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
Back
Top Bottom