Ashley Judd ????

Sarah Palin still has environmentalists howling.

The Alaska governor and former Republican vice presidential hopeful is the target of a campaign by the Washington-based Defenders of Wildlife Action Fund which claims she is pushing for an expanded program for the shooting of wolves from the sky.

In a graphic video narrated by Hollywood star Ashley Judd, the group claims Palin even offered a $150 bounty for the left foreleg of each dead wolf collected. You can view the video here.

“When Sarah Palin came on the national scene last summer, few knew that she promotes the brutal aerial killing of wolves. Now, back in Alaska, Palin is again casting aside science and championing the slaughter of wildlife,” Judd says in the video, which features footage of a wolf howling in pain after apparently being shot from the sky.

(Photo: Palin works a crowd, Dec 1, 2008. REUTERS/Tami Chappell, USA)

On its web site, the group said in a statement that: “Governor Palin is expected shortly to introduce state legislation that would dramatically expand the aerial killing program by removing the few remaining scientific requirements from the program. ” Palin’s office was contacted by Reuters and was not immediately available for comment.

Palin, an avid hunter and angler like many Alaskans, has frequently clashed with environmentalists on issues ranging from artic oil drilling to the delisting of endangered species.

After suing last year to keep polar bears off the U.S. threatened species list, Alaska’s government said in January it plans to issue a similar challenge to block federal protections for a struggling population of beluga whales in Cook Inlet, a mature oil-producing basin.

Palin was credited with galvanizing the Democratic Party base and raising money for abortion rights causes last year because of her social and religious conservatism and strong opposition to abortion rights.

It seems Palin can still galvanize activsists on the left and in this case perhaps help raise money for a conservation group.

I'm a big Ashley fan. Love her movies and think she's a total babe but this....

This is what bothers me about celebrities involving themseles in causes. Everybody has a right to their own opinions. When it's a neighbor or a co-worker and I don't know about it, it doesn't matter. It's when they put stickers on their car or signs on their lawn (or as a celebrity become a spokesperson or make comments during interviews) that it starts to bother me, because then I get to see their differing views. While I certainly wish wolves aren't harmed and this is really overexaggerating the issue, I can't help but feel it's a witch hunt to find things to discredit Palin.
I'm certainly not always right, and there are times when I have discussions with people of differing viewpoints and I become convinced enough to change my mind. Generally, though, I'm going to say that I probably don't have much in common with people who have Kerry/Edwards stickers on their cars, same as I don't have much in common with Matt Damon or Ashley Judd.

There are only a handful of non-moonbats in hollywood, so this is kinda par for the course.

-Mike

People who dont know what they are talking about shouldnt comment....What the hell Does Ashley Judd know about they wildlife problems in Alaska. They have their own wildlife biologists to know what has to be done to keep a healthy population of wolves

When the average John Q. Public starts to make statements about hunting/wildlife management I ask them have they read the findings about the carrying capacity of the land in question for EACH species that is found in the area, environmental impacts of over/under population of each species and how it will affect other species and the overall carrying capacity of the land etc.

When I am done asking them, they blink their eyes at me and ask me what the hell I am talking about. I just reply "I thought you wanted to discuss wildlife management of such and such."

And if the spokesperson is someone from Hollywood opening their mouth about any sort of political point I just change the channel/ignore them.

Does anyone else think that this "riff" between Ashley and Sarah can't be solved by the mathematical equation?

tn2_ashley_judd_1.jpg

+

505px-Sarah_Palin_Kuwait_22a.jpg

+

jello.jpg

+

kiddie_pool.221141234_std.jpg

Last edited:
When Sarah Palin came on the national scene last summer, few knew that she promotes the brutal aerial killing of wolves.
I'm sure the wolves feel a lot better about it when they're killed from the ground Ashley.

Keep in mind that very little intelligence is required to become an actor or actress. Most of the "struggling actors" never get past that point and are unable to get a successful blue or white collar job that a freshman in high school couldn't do just as well. A small fraction of them manage to find success, but that in no way makes them any smarter and as such, they hear about some cause from someone and all of a sudden they want to champion the cause.

What a dumb twat!!!! [angry]

Like Sara Palin really came up with this wolf management plan all on her own without the involvement of Alaska Fish and Game or without there approval either. [rolleyes]

Like some sports figures!
If they couldn'd bat or throw a ball they would be qualified to do little more than pump gas.

Actors and Actresses are waiters and waitresses that slept around to get a break in bollywood.

My understanding is that the wolf population is being controlled because there are too many and the food supply won't support the population. I guess idiots like Ashley would prefer to let a lot of animals die of starvation or have them attack domestic prey instead.

She might be a looker, but there ain't much happening between the ears there.

My understanding is that the wolf population is being controlled because there are too many and the food supply won't support the population. I guess idiots like Ashley would prefer to let a lot of animals die of starvation or have them attack domestic prey instead.

But they's killing ANIMALS! Animals have more rights than WE do!

But they's killing ANIMALS! Animals have more rights than WE do!

The way I see it is that I am an animal. I just have better tools then the wild ones do. If I can deploy my tools (guns, knifes, etc.) before they deploy theirs (claws, teeth, etc.) then I win. If I can't, they win.

The way I see it is that I am an animal. I just have better tools then the wild ones do. If I can deploy my tools (guns, knifes, etc.) before they deploy theirs (claws, teeth, etc.) then I win. If I can't, they win.

Hence the airplane? [smile]

There must be a few out there somewhere.

Babe + Intelligence + common sense = _____________. [thinking]

Logic and random probability suggest that you are right, but you couldn't prove it by the evidence adduced in this thread.

Logic and random probability suggest that you are right, but you couldn't prove it by the evidence adduced in this thread.

In ultra left-wing Hollywood the intelligent ones are smart enough to keep their mouths shut and not get black listed or alienate half their audience.

Judd is a babe, but clearly a typical hysterical Hollywood leftist.

If you recall from her comments, she didn't sum up her criticism of Palin, by defending the issue she apparently cares about - the hunting of wolves.

She did not say...'The aerial hunting of wolves has to be stopped'.

She said....'Sarah Palin has to be stopped'.

Judd is one of many out to stop the threat to their agenda that they believe Palin represents.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom