Article: WEAPONS STOLEN FROM ARMY RESERVE CENTER: LAW ENFORCEMENT ON ALERT

inside job or not, who cares? Major Nidal Hassan was on the inside too. They wouldn't tell us if they took more than M4s and M9s, as if that wasn't bad enough. Too embarrassing for these idiots and they don't want to cause a panic.

Too nice a car for a gang banger, the rims haven't been pimped out and no glow lights underneath.

Start checking car dealers for Mohammed or Akmed who recently bought a car like that.

We'll see those weapons again - shortly - in a news cast - with lots of casualties. [frown]

We don't know who it was , but we know it wasn't terrorists.

I'm sure it was just some crackhead with two functioning brain cells trying to score. [rolleyes]

"WHDH reports that the FBI released a statement saying, “There is no indication that these missing weapons are connected to any kind of terrorism threat whatsoever."

not yet anyway....
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Gotta be an inside job like others said. I imagine very few people know when and where to get in to get this stuff.

Someone probably got drunk and talked to much around people they were trying to impress.
One thing led to another and now the feds are watching every medium to large ammo purchase being made in new england.
I've been saving $$ for the black Friday sales so I'm sure I should have a drone over my house at any time in the next couple weeks when the ups dude snitches.

Last edited:
If they got some Frags and WP Grenades - would they tell us?

If they got LAW or Javelin - would they tell us?

The long guns......M107's?

Armories don’t store weapons like that. They shouldn’t even have ammo with the possible exception of a mag or two of 9mm. This was a medical unit and while a support unit it would still be common for them to have M4/M16 variants, M9’s, M249, M240, M2, M203/M320, and I have seen at least one support unit with a MK19. The thing is ammo isn’t easily found. They took weapons that can use ammo found at Walmart. I know 5.56 and 7.62 is common, but how common is it to find it linked(belted)? And the grenade launchers? Very doubtful islamist would find ammo for those. They took what they could actually use. The M4’s have three round burst.

I think it was an inside job. Either a muslim convert or military member bribed or threatened. The arms room is in a vault alarmed to local PD. Once in the arms room the weapons are locked in steel racks and the racks bolted or chained to the wall/floor. Without the alarm being disabled It would take a bit of time to actually get a weapon, unless this unit really screwed up and didn’t store them properly. Getting into most armory buildings is not to difficult.

Armories don’t store weapons like that. They shouldn’t even have ammo with the possible exception of a mag or two of 9mm. This was a medical unit and while a support unit it would still be common for them to have M4/M16 variants, M9’s, M249, M240, M2, M203/M320, and I have seen at least one support unit with a MK19. The thing is ammo isn’t easily found. They took weapons that can use ammo found at Walmart. I know 5.56 and 7.62 is common, but how common is it to find it linked(belted)? And the grenade launchers? Very doubtful islamist would find ammo for those. They took what they could actually use. The M4’s have three round burst.

I think it was an inside job. Either a muslim convert or military member bribed or threatened. The arms room is in a vault alarmed to local PD. Once in the arms room the weapons are locked in steel racks and the racks bolted or chained to the wall/floor. Without the alarm being disabled It would take a bit of time to actually get a weapon, unless this unit really screwed up and didn’t store them properly. Getting into most armory buildings is not to difficult.

Several 6" angle grinders will get you into all of those cages in a matter of minutes. A single plasma torch can do it in seconds. A group planning to steal from an armory would be likely to come prepared with tools whether it's an inside job or not.

As stated, ammo isn't hard to find though quantities would be more ... Difficult and the ammo purchases are likely to be out of state for obvious reasons.

These will show up again in the next 6-9 months one way or another.

Several 6" angle grinders will get you into all of those cages in a matter of minutes. A single plasma torch can do it in seconds. A group planning to steal from an armory would be likely to come prepared with tools whether it's an inside job or not.

As stated, ammo isn't hard to find though quantities would be more ... Difficult and the ammo purchases are likely to be out of state for obvious reasons.

These will show up again in the next 6-9 months one way or another.

If this is the case then that only provides further proof this was well planned and coordinated. 6-9 months may be optimistic. They may move sooner before they're tracked down for the robbery. There were likely enough moving parts to this robbery that the FBI will have solid leads.

If this is the case then that only provides further proof this was well planned and coordinated. 6-9 months may be optimistic. They may move sooner before they're tracked down for the robbery. There were likely enough moving parts to this robbery that the FBI will have solid leads.

The timeframe I stated was assuming that they would lay low and stay quiet to make detection more difficult for 3-6 months. If they feel the FBI is "closing in" then that timetable would likely be moved up, assuming that these were acquired for a purpose and not simply to sell.

M4s and M11s (Sig 228)

if it were a NG armory it'd be A2s and 1911s

I'm guard and we have M4's, M9's, M320's, and the new M2 with fixed headspace and timing. Getting OCP uniforms next month. Way ahead of many active duty units. I just came back from Fort Sill and they don't even sell OCP in Military Clothing Sales.

My brother has been in the military going on 20 years...when I told him about this out of concern he wasn't worried at all. In fact he told me these break ins happen a lot more than you think all over the place. I wasn't aware of that myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everybody is thinking terrorism and jumping to some pretty wild conclusions and once again the sky is falling. I suspect collusion of some sort either some kind of inside job or someone who has recent knowledge of the set up in the armory such as a recently discharged veteran.

Theft and pilferage of government armories has been going on since June 14, 1775. I'm quite sure that some of the US marked firearms I've seen over the years weren't all declared surplus and procured thru legitimate channels.

We know some M4s and M11s were stolen, also some other stuff. These items have street value. Might end up in the hands of gangs, drug cartels, extreme right wing militia types, clandestine collectors of militaria, Islamic terrorists or all of the above. It was probably conducted to fulfill a specific order for a specific reason. Who knows what that reason is? Dillinger, Bonnie and Clyde and other gangsters of the 20's and 30's raided Nat Guard Armories for better firepower when robbing banks.

The truth of the matter in terms of everyday practical application and I hate to burst people's bubbles, but unless you are talking a true machine gun, there really isn't that much difference between a semi auto AR and one that can fire burst or fully auto. The allure is the forbidden fruit factor. An M11 is nothing more than a P228, which except for a limited edition isn't even commercially available anymore. Think P229. Unless some of the other weapons are machine guns, anyone with a terroristic bent could get just as much or more bang for the buck by robbing a LGS.

There are plenty of motives here and this has all the earmarks of being planned well in advance. While nothing is impossible and granting that truth is stranger than fiction, trying to connect the dots between Worcester and Paris would be a stretch IMO.

At this juncture motive has yet to be established. We know the weapons are missing, and that there is a failed arson component. If investigators focus too much on the terrorist angle the inherent danger is overlooking valuable clues that might point in another direction which is why objectivity has to be maintained. Something that can be hard to do.

If they got some Frags and WP Grenades - would they tell us?

If they got LAW or Javelin - would they tell us?

The long guns......M107's?

There is no explosives or ammunition stored in military arms rooms. Just the guns.

All ammo and explosives are highly controlled (more so than the weapons) and issued out when you get to a range.

I'm guard and we have M4's, M9's, M320's, and the new M2 with fixed headspace and timing. Getting OCP uniforms next month. Way ahead of many active duty units. I just came back from Fort Sill and they don't even sell OCP in Military Clothing Sales.

Ft. Silly? Did basic and ait there...

In my unit (TAB) we had m16A2s, 203s, M-60s an M2 and totes full of 1911s as late as 2000....

Went to Bosnia as a 60 gunner and a RA 11B asked me "what is that?!?" Like he'd never touched one in basic or something...

Last edited:
Ft. Silly? Did basic and ait there...

In my unit (TAB) we had m16A2s, 203s, M-60s an M2 and totes full of 1911s as late as 2000....

Went to Bosnia as a 60 gunner and a RA 11B asked me "what is that?!?" Like he'd never touched one in basic or something...

Went through Benning In 98 and I the drill Sgt was telling us that it would probably be the last year they taught the M60. We learned both that and the 240B.

OCP is limited to units in/preparing to go to Afghanistan. The rest of the Army is still using ACU's until the new pattern ("Scorpion 2") is deployed. Delays were caused by Congress requiring all four Services to use the same pattern by FY18 and demands for retesting of patterns. Oh and suits and counter-suits by Crye and several other contractors over data rights to patterns.
/thread drift.

This idiot was stupid. Hey, how do you spell "patsy"?

Aloha

I'm in a TAB brty now in Portsmouth, NH. My son joined 13R, so I reclassed.

- - - Updated - - -

OCP is limited to units in/preparing to go to Afghanistan. The rest of the Army is still using ACU's until the new pattern ("Scorpion 2") is deployed. Delays were caused by Congress requiring all four Services to use the same pattern by FY18 and demands for retesting of patterns. Oh and suits and counter-suits by Crye and several other contractors over data rights to patterns.
/thread drift.

This idiot was stupid. Hey, how do you spell "patsy"?

Aloha

We're heading to Iraq in late March, and I do know that's the only reason we're getting OCP so soon.

Back
Top Bottom