Article: VT: Professor’s Suicide Raises Waiting Period Issue

I bought spool tools in the GB Swami ran. They hold 100 ft of paracord. Would that make them "Hi-cap" requiring a special license?

100 feet! Nobody needs more than 7 feet. I'm calling 911 and sheltering in place right now with my rape whistle. Am I supposed to pee on myself before or after I call??

State Sen. Dick McCormack, D-Bethel, who was elected to the Legislature more than 20 years ago, said he has never supported gun control because Vermont is “a safe state and a state where a lot of people really love their guns so it’s a fight I don’t need.”
However, he said, he’s beginning to change his mind and would be willing to discuss background checks and waiting periods. This past legislative session, he introduced a safe storage bill. He said waiting periods and background checks strike him as “reasonable.”
Time to replace.

Suicides are tragic, but control measures against possible suicide tools will not have a significant impact. Yes, guns are the Americans' preferred means of suicide, but the overall suicide rate in the US is not unusual compared to similar countries: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_suicide_rate (even though it would be more accurate to compare US states to EU countries rather than the US as a whole - like in many similar statistics on topics heavily influenced by regional factors. People who want to kill themselves will find a way.

Would a ban on belts have save Robin Williams? Unlikely.

“A person who is in that depth of hopelessness and feeling that their life has no hope, that there is no way out of the pain, they are not going to be better in three days,” Donahue said.
Or 14.

Also, statistically there is no problem to be solved, hence someone should be asking this question:
What existing, statistically-verifiable problem are you trying to solve in Vermont?

Attempted suicide should be illegal but you obviously can't punish those who are successful. That's God's job.

Why should they be illegal? For failing? Or because you want government to tell people what they can/cannot do? Or is that your religious belief?

Back
Top Bottom