• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Article: UNION: EXEMPT FORMER AND OFF-DUTY OFFICERS FROM GUN STORAGE LAWS

Wow just wow. I honestly don't know how to respond to this this. It's okay for them but not the average citizen. What a society we have weaved for ourselves.

How do I become an officer for a day and retire to benefit here? Sports teams give one day contracts for promotional events, perhaps we can find a friendly PD who would do the same.

Remember sheeple: "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"

If this passes as the LAPPL desires, I wonder if there would be a 14th Amendment argument to be made?

I understand their point of view (yes there are DBs out there that will seek revenge on LEOs - past or present who they have tangled with or maybe just because they are LEOs) and unions are ALWAYS asking for special privileges for their members (that is how LEOSA became law). HOWEVER, if the excuse for a "lock it up" law is safety wrt others (in particular children) who are untrained being prevented from accessing guns and potentially hurt themselves/others, then nobody should be exempt from storage laws if children are present.

Statists reward their own. It doesn't matter that the Agents of the State are incompetent, corrupt, sub-average intelligence goons, even if you have a superior education, intelligence level, 1% - er economic productivity, and sufficient training, you are considered inferior to the Gestapo.

They cited how an ex LAPD officer went on a rampage. So wouldn't these gun laws that cops are exempt from include psycho ex cops too?
But meanwhile they think laws stop people from doing bad things..

They cited how an ex LAPD officer went on a rampage. So wouldn't these gun laws that cops are exempt from include psycho ex cops too?
But meanwhile they think laws stop people from doing bad things..

The irony is too dense for them to see it. Citizen rampage is reason why citizens must have storage laws. Cop rampag = reason cops shouldn't. Logic!

I understand their point of view (yes there are DBs out there that will seek revenge on LEOs - past or present who they have tangled with or maybe just because they are LEOs) and unions are ALWAYS asking for special privileges for their members (that is how LEOSA became law). HOWEVER, if the excuse for a "lock it up" law is safety wrt others (in particular children) who are untrained being prevented from accessing guns and potentially hurt themselves/others, then nobody should be exempt from storage laws if children are present.

My gut feelings say that this is true but how much more in danger are leo than the genral public. These people don't just prey on leo. If this really warrants an exception, it should be easy to demonstrate without resorting to an emotional one-time event.

Military, average people????? Why are LEO's so damn special

In significantly less danger. Can't say the same thing for their spouses though. How many cops have been killed this year? By contrast how many people have cops killed? I'm pretty sure it's well over 500 already. If they need an exemption than the people need more than that.

With that said, it's no surprise. Police unions like all unions love extra privileges and benefits. That would be fine normally, if this was the private sector (the wanting those things, not necessarily getting them). But police are public government employees. That they have a union at all should be concerning to everyone.

Disgusting, is right. This really calls out two classes of citizens. Why does one have more need to protect, then the other? [puke]

Because?...ohhhh, is that super special LEO training now genetic...so their children don't have to be worried if guns are stored "improperly"? Cool.

One would think so.

"equal application" of the laws.

Section 1.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Last edited:
union is paid to rep their own. this is where a lawyer needs to attack this law based on equal protection for all.

Back
Top Bottom