Article: Ted Cruz: U.S. Is One Liberal Justice Away from End of Gun Rights

If that were to happen, it will look like Syria part two in our back yards. Some will hope it does, I don't. Only for my family's sake.

If they try to take away the 2A it will get really ugly.
Some states have already begun removing it and will continue to do so until there is nothing.

If that were to happen, it will look like Syria part two in our back yards. Some will hope it does, I don't. Only for my family's sake.

No sane person would want it. If they do, they haven't thought out how bad it will get. Win or lose, it will be nasty and ugly.
Unfortunately, with the way things are going, I don't see a very bright future for anyone.

No sane person would want it. If they do, they haven't thought out how bad it will get. Win or lose, it will be nasty and ugly.
Unfortunately, with the way things are going, I don't see a very bright future for anyone.

I believe that they have foreseen how ugly things would get. That's why they aren't trying to take it all at once, but are trying to nibble away at it, piece by piece, until it is all gone. It won't be overnight, but will be over a period of 20-25 years. They will keep passing more and more "common sense" laws until there is nothing left.

They'll start with universal background checks, which will naturally require a nationwide registry to make sure everyone is in compliance. They will then pass magazine limits and another nationwide AWB. At first everything will be grandfathered, then there will be some "incident" and the grandfathering will go away. Once they've established that they can confiscate with no real repercussions, they will start taking away the rest. They'll get rid of semi-automatic handguns, then all handguns. They'll get rid of rifles that can hold more than two or three rounds, then they will do away with rifles entirely. They'll keep upping the hoops you have to jump through to own a firearm until they have a system in place that makes the UK look reasonable.

Come on. We've already lost our gun rights. Want to buy a gun? You need to fill out a 4473. Want to carry a gun? In 44? states you need a license, and some won't give you one.

What we have are gun privileges. We aren't going to lose those, they'll just get more and more restricted. Even in the UK you can still buy a gun, if you jump through the hoops. That's what will happen here. More hoops.

As sad as it is, they will one day take away our rights and not one single shot will be fired.

Shots may be fired, but I fear they will be so few and far between that those few will be labeled crazy by the media and 99% of the people will just shrug. Think Randy Weaver/Ruby Ridge.

I hope I'm wrong, and Washington D.C. is surrounded by patriots and the elitist scumbag politicians who would violate our rights are arrested, tried, found guilty and hung for treason.

Problem is, there are so few actual pro 2a politicians that getting a pro 2a judge is basically never going to happen no matter who gets elected.

Ginsburg will retire immediately after Hillary's inauguration. Then President H R Clinton will appoint Obama to the high court. It will get interesting after that.

you think this is a joke.

Fidel Castro 1959

I appeal to the public to disarm the ambitious. Why
are clandestine arms being stored at this very minute? Why are arms being
hidden at distinct points of the capital? Why are arms being smuggled at
this moment? I tell you that there are members of certain revolutionary
organizations who are smuggling and storing arms. All the arms that were
found by the rebel army are stored and locked in barracks, where they
belong.

What are these arms for? Against whom are they going to be used? Against
the revolutionary government that has the support of all the people? Do we
have a dictatorship here? Are we going to take up arms against a free
government that respects the rights of the people?

We have a free country here. We have no censorship, and the press is free.
The people can gather freely if they want to. There is no tormenting of
political prisoners, no murders, no terror. When all the rights of the
citizens have been restored--and an election for the purpose is going to be
held as soon as possible--why do we need arms? Are we going to unseat the
President with the arms? Are we going to set up revolutionary
organizations? Are we going to have gangsters? Are we going to practice
daily shooting on the streets of the capital? Why do we need arms? Yet I
tell you here and now that two days ago elements of certain organizations
broke into the San Antonio barracks, which are under the jurisdiction of
Commander Camilo Cienfuegos and also under my jurisdiction as commander in
chief of the armed forces, and carried away 500 small arms, (16?) machine
guns, and 80,000 cartridges.