Article: State police can’t process concealed weapons permits as fast as legally requ

At least they are admit it. Massachusetts is 40 days and doesn't care. It's a blame game. But where the Guy's that will get arrested. Texas is looking better and better.

State law dictates that new permits must be issued or denied within 60 days of the application date, and renewals must be decided within 30 days. But state police are not meeting — and cannot meet — that deadline, says Lt. Scott Ireland, who leads the department responsible for permit processing.

Not true. They can meet the deadline, they just chose not to engage enough resources to make it happen.

Article: State police can’t process concealed weapons permits as fast as lega...

Two things:

The situation is ripe for lawsuit to force the issue if the state doesn't fix it.

I like how they said the deadlines won't be extended from current requirement.

They are decent folks up there but took 3 months on mine back 2 years ago and I had to drive to Augusta to pick it up or it would have been another month (and arrive after my ME vacation was over).

They have not dedicated the resources needed to do what their laws require in a timely fashion and today it is a lot worse!

Not true. They can meet the deadline, they just chose not to engage enough resources to make it happen.

Absolutely true. Mine 2 years ago took 3 months and a trip to Augusta or it would have been another month before I received it.

Ugg.... My Maine permit expires at the end of October. Guess I should send in the renewal now and expect it to be late.

Expect to be way late, most likely early next year! [thinking]

At least they are admit it. Massachusetts is 40 days and doesn't care. It's a blame game. But where the Guy's that will get arrested. Texas is looking better and better.

I would have been happy with 40 days. My wait was 115 days for a renewal. Glad I applied 90 days early

Mine too from The beginning of November 2012 to July 2013. This was a RENEW! The town did the same thing in 10 to 20 days tops. Now the state is doing it 200 plus days!!

Back
Top Bottom