Article: SB-116, to eliminate license requirement in NH, hearing is TODAY!

Sounds OK; but it will go nowhere. Even if it did, my CoP would probably just have the P&R expire every four years. He already has mine expiring months before it should and could not care less about his obligation to follow the law.

First off, Gaining revenue from a constitutional rights, that right there is the kind of crap has to stop

second, wouldent not having to have all the exstra crap to prosses out of state licenses save some money anyways

Sounds OK; but it will go nowhere. Even if it did, my CoP would probably just have the P&R expire every four years. He already has mine expiring months before it should and could not care less about his obligation to follow the law.

Sounds like your town needs someone who cares enough about their rights to make a fight out of it, I am quite sure the COP will lose.

Sounds like it is keeping the license as an option for those who want reciprocity with other states?

Yes.

Here is the thread where everyone is already talking about this.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...nstitutional-Carry-SB116-1-29-15-1pm-NH-House

What's the point of keeping the licensing system in place? So you can still get reciprocity from other states?

That and there is crap like FOPA etc that breaks without a license. Also, if NH completely abolished its P/R license, the GFSZ issue goes from "probably not good to be a test case" to "you can get completely and utterly screwed" because you can't even fall back on the "reasonable person" interpretation of the permit exemption in GFSZ.

-Mike

That and there is crap like FOPA etc that breaks without a license. Also, if NH completely abolished its P/R license, the GFSZ issue goes from "probably not good to be a test case" to "you can get completely and utterly screwed" because you can't even fall back on the "reasonable person" interpretation of the permit exemption in GFSZ.

-Mike

Can you explain how FOPA breaks down if they get rid of the licensing requirement? I'm not sure I follow.

Can you explain how FOPA breaks down if they get rid of the licensing requirement? I'm not sure I follow.

FOPA doesn't break down as it has no relation to any aspect of permitting.....

I got my wires crossed with something else, you are both correct, it has no affect on FOPA. I could have sworn FOPA required a license in the point of origin, but it does not. It only requires legality in origin and destination states. (or for that matter, in a practical sense, the nearest non-commie state).

-Mike

Last edited:
What am I missing here? You are all talking about this bill removing the licensing system in NH. I am under the impression that it is simply making concealed carry legal for all licensed owners... I.E. No restrictions... No 'hunting' or 'target shooting' only exclusions.

What am I missing here? You are all talking about this bill removing the licensing system in NH. I am under the impression that it is simply making concealed carry legal for all licensed owners... I.E. No restrictions... No 'hunting' or 'target shooting' only exclusions.

wat? There is no such thing as restrictions in NH. Removing the licensing turns NH into a Constitutional Carry state.

It should be interesting if the Senate votes as the people feel or if they vote according to who's lining their pockets. In NH, unlike Massachushits, it's much more likely that the Senate is comprised of mostly reasonable people who understand why they were voted into office

Thee other benefit to holding a P&R for residents is for FTF handgunsales to strangers.

The biggest beneficaries of this should it pass is non-residents. Note even with a non-res P&R GFZA restrictions would apply so that's a wash.

My prediction is that Hasan vetoes but would be overridden. However she did state she supports 2A... take that with a dash of salt...

My prediction is that Hasan vetoes but would be overridden. However she did state she supports 2A... take that with a dash of salt...

I think she's going to struggle with that one....we all know she want to veto it but that would not be politically expedient depending on what her goals for higher office may be in 2016

IIRC on the reciprocity issue.....Penny Dean testified that she had FOI requests in with the NH State Police that are approaching a year old for copies of the reciprocity agreements with other states.

Until we see copies of those agreements I wouldn't put too much weight in the claims that the agreements actually exist.

DoS didn't earn any trust/goodwill in their unilateral decision to exceed the courts dictate to remove the comments on back of the application form and add additional stupid questions on front

NH reciprocty sucks...

-Mike

That's because many states are constrained by their own statutes to reciprocity only with other states that have "substantially similar" license requirements, which usually means training requirements. That could be alleviated by having two "classes" of license, one requiring training (strictly for reciprocity with those states) and one with no training requirement.

That's because many states are constrained by their own statutes to reciprocity only with other states that have "substantially similar" license requirements, which usually means training requirements. That could be alleviated by having two "classes" of license, one requiring training (strictly for reciprocity with those states) and one with no training requirement.

And why would we want to capitulate to that when the RIGHT answer is constitutional carry......

He would only be doing that if the $7k+ attorney fees awarded to a plaintiff by the Rockingham County Superior Court actually got paid by the taxpayers. Tip - scour through the Town Report and show up at the Selectman Meeting and ask a few tough questions. A couple I would suggest are:
1.) Is it the policy of the town to indemnify town employees when they deliberately violate the law?
2.) Who actually paid that $7k? (Hint - If they say they can't discuss it because it is a personnel issue, than they just gave you the answer.)
3.) Is it not the policy of the town to require as a condition of employment that employees obey the law, particularly the highest paid town employee (by far - no one else is even close) whose position is to ensure the law is upheld?
You might want to be specific on that last question and specify the laws of the State of New Hampshire, since his conduct appears to be to uphold the statutes of the Commiewealth of the People's Republic.

Good luck with that, I wish you the best.

New Hampshire used to be the best state in the country to live, but it is quickly becoming Massachusetts North, which is why it didn't take much for my wife to talk me into moving south when she announced that she hated winter and didn't want any part of it anymore.

And why would we want to capitulate to that when the RIGHT answer is constitutional carry......

I (like you, I suspect) assert that owning and carrying (keeping and bearing) a firearm is a right, explicitly defined as such by no less than the highest law of the land. Until we win that war (I hope it doesn't take that literally - but the antis sure seem to be pushing for that), we are fighting each individual battle as it comes. A "voluntary" license (not required to carry concealed in NH and only used for reciprocity) with a training "requirement" (call it a "Class A" license) could be used with reciprocity in more states than a "Class B" with no training "requirement." I don't recognize the authority of any state (or the federal government) to dictate any specific level of training - absent such, your rights will simply not be honored - but I strongly believe every gunowner should develop practical skills. I've taken formal classes not to satisfy demands of my public servants, but to develop my own skills.

Nope, wrong. The reason is because the bar in NH for licensure is still lower than some of the other states. For example NH doesn't have the "moral turpitude" clause that ME does, etc. RSA159 also doesn't have a broad of a set of limitations on licensing as other states do, etc. RSA159 also allows people other than chiefs/LE types etc... there are a variety of legal differences which make NHs current system incompatible with (insert some other state's here. ) "Training" isn't even part of it- because there are a shitload of states that require NO training for a CCW.

NH not having wide reciprocity is a GOOD thing- at least in this case it means that the laws in NH suck a lot less than the surrounding states do.

With that having been said... Let's just end this segue, please, I shouldn't have even said what I said- I don't want this to get derailed from the topic at hand.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom