Article: SANDY HOOK TEACHERS: GOOD GUY WITH A GUN COULD NOT HAVE STOPPED ADAM LANZA

Just shows how out of touch with reality the people teaching our children really are.

Exactly. I saw this extreme stupidity completely by accident yesterday morning ruining an otherwise great weekend for me and my wife as well (I was shouting at the TV and the wife wasn't amused [smile]).

1) A good guy with a gun absolutely would have stopped the shooter and limited the damage. How do I know this? Countless incidents where a 'mass' shooter was confronted by a 'good guy with a gun'. Also, the a-hole whose name I refuse to repeat turned the gun on himself when the police (aka 'good guys with guns') arrived.

2) The story quickly went to and blamed the NRA and their lack of support for 'background checks'. They threw out some stat that 75% (or some bs #) of NRA members support 'background checks' but the NRA doesn't! How the hell would 'background checks' (really EXPANDED background checks) have stopped the tragedy at Newtown?!? Yea, it wouldn't.

Your article title is misleading. It suggests that those teachers could be considered a "good guy". Their own responses seem to indicate they aren't sure of themselves. I'm certainly not going to make the leap of faith and assume they are the "good guys" when even they doubt themselves.

I saw these morons on TV Sunday morning. I upset the dogs (and my girlfriend) screaming at the TV. On the positive side I was so pissed off I went and worked out for an hour.

The quotes from the librarian are very telling. They translate into "I don;t care if it's right or wrong, and it doesn't matter if it is effective... I just feel like it should be that way ... so that's the way it should be."

Sounds like something my late "progressive" step father would say (God bless him). Several times he stopped a conversation with "You seem to know what you are talking about and you are probably right but in my heart I feel like it needs to be my way."

Not many ways to defeat that argument ..... just make sure every vote counts and don't ever register anything!

Last edited:
All of the Pro-2A teachers probably died that day trying to save the children.

Isn't there a "who's considered a hero" thread around here somewhere?

The quotes from the librarian are very telling. They translate into "I don;t care if it's right or wrong, and it doesn't matter if it is effective... I just feel like it should be that way ... so that's the way it should be."

Sounds like something my late "progressive" step father would say (God bless him). Several times he stopped a conversation with "You seem to know what you are talking about and you are probably right but in my heart I feel like it needs to be my way."

Not many ways to defeat that argument ..... just make sure every vote counts and don't ever register anything!

This is their definition of "common sense": completely irrational, emotional feelings by many (not even most) people, as justification to limit someone's rights.

none of these twits would have the balls to pull the trigger; that's why their opinions are what they are.

which is ok because that means if these twits were armed and would not use it, that creates a different set of issues with more tragic results. What pisses me of is the generalization that if these beautiful enlightened "educators" could not have stopped him, no one could have.

Simple. The magic power of an "assault weapon" overwhelms the magic power of, say, a 9mm handgun. You need a more powerful magic than the "assault weapon". The magic of the gun protects the shooter, so if the person you are trying to shoot has more magic, you cannot possibly shoot him, he'll shoot you. This is simple logic for people who believe in magic or play lots of computer games.

Ladies of the hook,
the problem is a madman shooting children, not the gun,
the correct answer is to eliminate the madman as quick as possible.
have someone who can do the job on site in every school yesterday.

Guys... They're SME's, because they were there... They say a good guy couldn't stop a 100lb nerd-retard whos training consisted of call of duty and whatever his gem mother showed him, because he had an "assault riflez" so it must be true.

Last edited:
This coming from people who did not get shot and in fact may have never seen the shooter or the aftermath.
The ones who died may have a different take on it if they could speak sweetie.

There's plenty of retired experienced law enforcement and military personal out there twiddling their thumbs, that i bet would gladly stand guard at the local schools for extra $ and a chance to interact with the faculty and kids...

Last edited:
This coming from people who did not get shot and in fact may have never seen the shooter or the aftermath.
The ones who died may have a different take on it if they could speak sweetie.

A friend of mine made it out of the building alive that day by thinking quickly and hiding amongst some decorations. The shooter came in the room where she was hiding, looked around, and left. Needless to say, she's still, um, "processing" this, so I haven't dared bring it up with her. Her husband and I have discussed it at length, though, and either of us would have given anything to be in the building (and carrying, law be damned).

They also never mention improving school security.
And there are many methods of doing so , fences , security cameras, armed guards,
reinforced doors and windows.
I have been through similar special education schools and what little security they had was less than laughable.
The secretary at one, when I commented , told me I should speak to the school board.
She had a "panic switch" to the police. That was pretty much it.
And her desk was right in from of a glass picture window.
ggboy

Anybody read about the two instances in Colorado where resource officers with guns stopped one bad guy at each school from committing mass murder?

They should give a call to some of the folks that work in the Canadian Parliament building and ask them what they think about having a good guy with a gun nearby

Back
Top Bottom