Article: REGAL THEATERS CHECKING PURSES, BAGS TO ENSURE LAW-ABIDING CITIZENS UNARMED

setting themselves up for a huge lawsuit, infringing on the 2A, unless they are posting armed security guards in each theater, they will be sued for negligence when a shooting does happen.

The TSA, an organization actually CHARGED with this task and only this task, fails 95% of security audits performed to gauge how effective they are. You think Movie theater employees can provide effective screening?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/01/tsa-fails-95-percent-tests-homeland-security_n_7485558.html

Let's be honest, the real reason you want to check bags is that you want to sell more 500% markup concessions. With the garbage that comes out of Hollywood, I can't remember the last time I went to an actual theater. This is a dying industry.

I would not allow a single filthy employee to touch me or any of my belongings, I will simply avoid these movie theaters like the plague.

Last edited:
Great make new GFZs, because they have been so successful at preventing mass shootings in the past [rolleyes]

These insane maniacs that have been shooting up movie theaters are trying to rack up the highest body count. Regal Theaters is very publicly making themselves a softer target.

This is will be the first place one of these crazies will go. Common sense. Also, James Holmes didn't go through the main doors, he entered through the "exit" doors. Even if that movie theater had a bag check (in addition to being a GFZ), it wouldn't have stopped his murderous rage.

I'll never understand why they think making these places into GFZ's is a good idea. At least prior to this there was a perceived risk to a would be shooter. Now there is none and they know it. And didn't the Aurora guy buy a ticket, go into the theater, prop a door open and go out to his car to get his guns, come back in and do his evil deed? How does this even help?

They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. I think we have definitely reached a result. These anti's are insane.

setting themselves up for a huge lawsuit, infringing on the 2A, unless they are posting armed security guards in each theater, they will be sued for negligence when a shooting does happen.

The TSA, an organization actually CHARGED with this task and only this task, fails 95% of security audits performed to gauge how effective they are. You think Movie theater employees can provide effective screening?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/01/tsa-fails-95-percent-tests-homeland-security_n_7485558.html
I am betting they are as effective as the TSA

So someone that wants to come in and shoot up the place will actually allow their bag to be searched so they can get in to do the deed?
Wouldn't they just blast their way in, bag searchers be damned?

Also most people don't bag/purse carry anyways unless they start doing stop and frisks too

First thought is they are going to find people sneaking in food/drinks to avoid being raped at the snack bar, not find any weapons as those will be carried by conventional means.

Expect ticket and popcorn to go up because in the near future they will have body scanners. It will be the nail in the coffin for movies theaters. I'll watch Netflix for $18 a month on the big screen tv with my 25c bag of microwave popcorn. I can also clean my guns while watching a movie at home.

Regal can kiss my ass, just another reason for me not go to the movies, I'm all good with red box and Netflix. I rather not support immoral and over sexualized Hollywood anyways.

Sent from my C6522N using Tapatalk

“backpacks and bags of any kind” will be subject to searches for theater goers’ safety.

How does this prevent someone from carrying in a holster, in the crack of their ass, or any other means than a backpack or bag?

This has fail written all over it.

Concealed means concealed. We don't go to the movies often, but when we do, I carry (concealed).

How does this prevent someone from carrying in a holster, in the crack of their ass, or any other means than a backpack or bag?

Concealed means concealed. We don't go to the movies often, but when we do, I carry (concealed).

It doesn't. All this is is a feel good policy with an ulterior motive seeded inside: they pretend to care about the well being of their patrons, all while being able to search people trying sneak in their own food and drinks. It is all about the $$$.

Hide your snacks in your pockets. The one in Newington NH was doing this for years. I went 3 years ago during the summer and then 2 years ago I believe. My wifes purse was searched both times we've been. A gun on your hip or under a jacket will go unnoticed.

so how does checking bags and purses stop the criminal who's jocking a handgun?

I don't bring a backpack to the movies anyway but I also don't go to the movies unarmed. IWB concealed. If they find it and won't let me in the **** them I'll go home and never return.

their business, their rules. And i will refuse to hand them my money. This will work though, i mean making schools gun free zones stopped those shootings.

Last edited:
So they're checking bags but not the individual's person. Uh huh. They're not looking for guns, they're looking to make sure you're not sneaking food in while claiming they're looking for guns.

The Colorado theater shooter went in the usual way, snuck out a fire exit, propping the door, dressed in "tactical" and came back through the propped door with tear gas and a (I think) shotgun. Could have strip-searched him at the entrance and given him an xray and colonoscopy and it would not have stopped him.

It's a feel good rule that will have zero effect on active shooters, rules and laws like these only appeal to those who use emotion to think, not logic.

Great make new GFZs, because they have been so successful at preventing mass shootings in the past [rolleyes]

These insane maniacs that have been shooting up movie theaters are trying to rack up the highest body count. Regal Theaters is very publicly making themselves a softer target.

This is will be the first place one of these crazies will go. Common sense. Also, James Holmes didn't go through the main doors, he entered through the "exit" doors. Even if that movie theater had a bag check (in addition to being a GFZ), it wouldn't have stopped his murderous rage.

Not only did he enter through an exit door, he hit the only gun-free movie theater within a 20 minute driving radius from his home.... and to get to that theater, he drove by other theaters.

Regal can kiss my ass, just another reason for me not go to the movies, I'm all good with red box and Netflix. I rather not support immoral and over sexualized Hollywood anyways.

Wait, what? Red box and Netflix don't support Hollywood, but Regal cinemas does? Hmm...

This is a stupid idea on their part, IMO. They're creating more GFZ's and opening themselves up to some lawsuits when someone who would normally carry, isn't and trouble breaks out in the theater.

They're creating more GFZ's and opening themselves up to some lawsuits when someone who would normally carry, isn't and trouble breaks out in the theater.

The chances that someone would prevail on such a suit is incredibly slim, given the easy ability find many, many experts to testify that the prevailing standard is that unarmed commoners in a theater is safest. In fact, my guess is that it would be very hard to even find an attorney to take such a case on a contingency fee basis.

Last edited:
The chances that someone would prevail on such a suit is incredibly slim, given the easy ability find many, many experts to testify that the prevailing standard is that unarmed commoners in a theater is safest. In fact, my guess is that it would be very hard to even find and attorney to take such a case on a contingency fee basis.
You are right. In retrospect, finding a lawyer to represent you when the argument is "I was denied the ability to protect myself" would be very hard.

The solution in this case is pretty simple. Don't carry a gun in your bag...lol.

I wouldn't patronize a place that decided they have the right to go through my belongings as I come through the door, anyhow. I submit to TSA searches at the airport because there isn't much choice. There are plenty of other options out there WRT movie theaters.

I'm sure it's mostly to deter people sneaking in food. I don't see a big deal in having places of business like this being gun free though. If you really have a problem with it don't go. Nobody is forcing you to disarm and go to a stupid movie. If gun owners are actually an important group then maybe they will change their policy. If gun owners are insignificant than maybe they don't care. It all works out.

Hide your snacks in your pockets. The one in Newington NH was doing this for years. I went 3 years ago during the summer and then 2 years ago I believe. My wifes purse was searched both times we've been. A gun on your hip or under a jacket will go unnoticed.
slim jims and twizzlers in the socks, or get a manzierre and fill it up with snacks, any questions and you say you have man boobs and are transitioning. [rofl]

Back
Top Bottom