Article: RAHM EMANUEL ANNOUNCING $250,000 FOR CHICAGO GUN BUYBACKS

$200 gift card for my hot Glock which makes me $5000K a week dealing crack.

Rahm, they're criminals with street smarts in economics.

Thank goodness someone is addressing the real issue here. $200 to bed bath and beyond will get them the linens they have always wanted and they can finally rest their heads in comfort and stay off the streets.

How about $5,000 or $10,000 rewards for tips leading to a conviction for murder?

Or am I way too optimistic to think that that just might get a few murderers off the streets?

I know, I know, way too optimistic....

these programs will never work unless they offer an amount higher than street value. I don't own a single firearm that i would sell for 200 the closest i have is one of my sks's and i'll never sell that.

Maybe he should buy back the FnF guns that he purposely gave to criminals.

Well, this policy has worked so well in the past with all of the reduced violent crime and murder rates in the city [rolleyes]

What is Einstein's definition of insanity, again? [thinking]

Might be time for a Mayoral buyback by King 0?

Well, this policy has worked so well in the past with all of the reduced violent crime and murder rates in the city [rolleyes]

What is Einstein's definition of insanity, again? [thinking]

Might be time for a Mayoral buyback by King 0?

In reality, it's just a due diligence step to confiscation, I think.

Wasn't there a thread just the other day about how shitcago is completely broke, hasn't passed a budget, etc... But they have $250K for this stupidity. I should go visit my friend there and bring an ass load of the daisy bb pistols wally world sells for $15. That would turn a tidy little profit.

How about $5,000 or $10,000 rewards for tips leading to a conviction for murder?

Or am I way too optimistic to think that that just might get a few murderers off the streets?

Getting murderers off the streets and reducing crime in general is not nor ever has been the goal of gun surrenders.

This is Chicago and they only have a budget of 250K. 5-10K/tip wouldn't even cover a slow six months in that dump.

Guns Save Life vows to "game" the chicago gun buying event once again

They pull in mostly non-firing replicas and rusted out junk, it's so bad that when they hold the photo opportunity afterwards, Chicago won't even show the latest haul, instead they pull out the same old guns from the vault over and over (Chicago has been caught 'recycling' guns from previous events to pad the display for the press).
SunTimes said:
Hours after Mayor Rahm Emanuel announced a $250,000 gun buyback program on Monday, a downstate gun-rights advocate promised to come to Chicago to exploit it.

We will be delighted to transact business once more with do-gooders in Chicago,” John Boch, executive director of Champaign-based Guns Save Life, said Monday.

Guns Save Life used Chicago’s 2012 gun buyback to embarrass city officials. That year, members said they turned in about 60 guns — some of them rusty and inoperable.

They received $100 MasterCard gift cards for each gun, which they used to buy ammunition for a National Rifle Association youth camp in Bloomington and bolt-action rifles to give away to campers.

Suburban Chicago gun dealers also took advantage of the no-questions-asked policy of the 2012 buyback to unload inventory worth less than $100 in exchange for the $100 cards, sources said.

Also, turning in Daisy BB-guns won't cut it this time:
Anthony Guglielmi, spokesman for the Chicago Police Department, said officers will check to see whether turned-in guns are operable but won’t check the IDs of the people who bring them in.

“If people want to game the system, society is the victim,” he said. “I think those people need to ask themselves, are they part of the solution to reduce violence?”

Last edited:
how can they afford this if the city is broke? it's completely insane.

There is something deeply troubling about cognitive dissonance, since it suggests that we double-down on our beliefs in light of conflicting evidence. The theory of cognitive dissonance, originally developed by psychologist Leon Festinger, deals precisely with those feelings of discomfort that people experience when presented with information that is inconsistent with their beliefs. Multiple studies show that to relieve cognitive dissonance, in many cases, instead of acknowledging an error in judgment, people tend for reformulate their views in a new way that justifies their old opinions.

Once again liberalism is being proven a mental disorder.

Last edited:
They will never run out of money as long as there are people who get up every morning and go to work to try and better their lives to steal from, err I mean tax.

Hmmm ...these events need "live video" from enterprising individuals. Not big media mind you, but bloggers and such. This guy Rahm Emanuel is such a scumbag he makes old-time Chicago pols look clean.

And I do applaud the Gun Shop playing the 3rd party participant in the buy-back ...that's rich.

No worries though, Chi-town and the rest will get their deserving TV-time if a Republican takes the Whitehouse. The homeless, food lines, gas prices (regardless of the number), unemployment, illiteracy, war protests/drone strikes, personal liberty issues ...all of it will come roaring back on ABC, NBC, CBS, CNBC, MSNBC, CNN and the rest of the Left-leaning media.

Back
Top Bottom