Article: NRA President Jim Porter: Connecting the dots from registration to confiscat

So when is the NRA going to push politicians it rates as "A" to propose repealing the NICS system completely?

Oh wait, they never will.

So when is the NRA going to push politicians it rates as "A" to propose repealing the NICS system completely?

Oh wait, they never will.

No kidding. It's no longer enough to praise complacency. Not sure it ever really was, but that's what we've been getting from these gun rights groups.

Thats the problem. The current set of gun laws will never be repealed as long as this current government is in place. The laws have been in place for generations and as such no one knows of a time before these laws were in place. Take NFA for example, There is hardly anyone left alive that was 18-21 when NFA was enacted 80 years ago. It has been nearly 50 years since the GCA 68. My dad has no memory of things regarding firearms sales before 1968 since he turned 18 shortly after the law took effect.

This is why no ground must be given, why no new law must pass.

And this is why I have resolved to never abide by any new law that is passed.

Overall, i was underwhelmed by the NIJ's report. It was very superficial and poorly written - for example, confounding causative and associative relationships and relying on 'Criminologic Theory' to support that straw purchasers could be dissuaded simply because they had no prohibitive offenses.... In this latter case, the group of presumed 'Straw Purchasers' must at least be divided into those having not committed an offense and those who have but for one reason or another haven't been caught/convicted.

While there are elements within this report favorable to our viewpoints, i can't see it becoming influential for either side without improve analysis and presentation.

Back
Top Bottom