Article: New Hampshire House Voting on Universal Background Checks

Great job NH! Silly me for thinking in the back of my mind you might turn out like Colorado. (In other news, I still don't know how that damn bill passed in CO).

Signed, current MA resident and one day NH resident.

Glad to see it didn't pass. Keeping living Free NH.

- - - Updated - - -

How's that crow taste :)

2-1 defeat. Apparently most of our law makers still have a clue.

We can continue to Live Free or Die.... for a little while longer. ;)

I think you misunderstood the spirit in which my comment was made. Just as the people who voted for the amendment don't understand the phrase itself.

Looks like there are 118 people who supposedly represent their constituents who should be thrown out of office though.

That said... I'm not exactly dancing in the street at 2-1. 10-1 (as others have mentioned) would have been better.

Would have been better if it had been squashed in committee... NEVER should have made it to the house. We need to get those traitors OUT of office ASAP. All 118 of those in the house, plus the offenders in the committee that pushed it through. Need to set an example of them, so that this shit doesn't happen again.

I knew it was only a matter of time before the Massachusetts Liberals migrating north would out number the New Hampshire folk...[slap]

I knew it was only a matter of time before the Massachusetts Liberals migrating north would out number the New Hampshire folk...[slap]

Did you not see how it was soundly defeated?? The libtards got their asses handed to them. Plus, they've outed themselves and are prime targets for being replaced this election cycle.

EIehqOz.gif

It's dead Jim.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro - typos are from the GD auto correct unless they are funny substitutions those I'll take credit for.

seacoastonline said:
We’re not giving up,” said Rep. Elaine Andrews-Ahearn, D-Hampton Falls, Wednesday afternoon.

She said by the end of the week, she plans to plan strategy with bill supporters about ways to bring the legislation back, perhaps as an amendment to an existing bill. “We’ll keep working on this,” she said.
. . .
Ahearn called the final vote “horrible, absolutely horrible. We were outmaneuvered. We were all very confused, and I think that was the point.

“The only thing worse than seeing the bill go down is seeing a vote that supported it first,” said Zandra Hawkins of Granite State Progress.

Hawkins is working with Ahearn to determine whether the original bill can be attached to existing legislation. If that is not possible, she said gun control advocates will be working House districts statewide in anticipation of the fall elections.

“We’re not really discouraged,” said Melissa Rigazio of New Castle Promise. “We’re here to stay.”

The article mentions that "Supporters of the bill take heart that the first vote of the morning, to accept the bill as amended by the House Commerce Committee, actually passed by a vote of 174-166. ", ignoring the fact of that vote being on whether to incorporate the amendment, not a vote to pass the bill. Same goes for the vote against tabling; Opponents didn't want this bill tabled so it could be brought back later, we wanted it killed dead.

So yes, the progressives are confused.

Back
Top Bottom