Article: National Pediatricians’ Group Recommends Screening Kids For Depression, Remo

Yea, let's give more power to the state and agencies like DCF to take our kids and our guns away. This is a "progressive" politician's wettest dream. As if attempting to control our kids through public education and ADD drugs isn't enough they now want to roll that into disarming us as well!

11-21 year old "children"? I'm confused. Since when was an 18-21 year old a child? I stopped reading after that, knowing they haven't a clue.

11-21 year old "children"? I'm confused. Since when was an 18-21 year old a child? I stopped reading after that, knowing they haven't a clue.

They are expanding the definition of children to mask the problem of so many young adults today having no concept of responsibility or how to take care of themselves. Its called "Progress"

Until somehow parents start being parents again the problem of socially dysfunctional kids will continue to get worse.
Unfortunately the people who head up these groups are sort of like the government. They all think they know what is best for you.
Find a Dr who cares about your kids and doesn't butt into your life. There are a lot of them out there.

This is the most riculous whitewashing of data I have seen in this debate. Take a look at the graph, that shows both car accidents and gun deaths declining.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/20...ass-car-accidents-leading-cause-young-people/

15 - 24? How many of those are legitimate accidents or suicides? The gang violence and bystander casualties has to be factored out.

There are liars, and then there are statistics, and you can say anything you want with the right spin on the latter.

Last edited:
Didn't read the article, just the headline.
The main thing that us owners have to focus on is access to our firearms. If we are open to noticing if a member of our household is mentally compromised, we should be able to change our electronic locks or pay more attention to our keys. Depression isn't always obvious but it is a serious thing to pay attention to.

Shouldn't every adult on Prozac or Zoloft have to surrender their firearms as well, aren't their lives important also? If a parent had a depressed and suicidal child in the house would they really leave guns and ammo laying around? There are always exceptions but this is just another excuse to forward gun control if liberals cared about dead children they should start by addressing abortion but most of them don't care they care about attacking the 2nd amendment.

Shouldn't every adult on Prozac or Zoloft have to surrender their firearms as well, aren't their lives important also? If a parent had a depressed and suicidal child in the house would they really leave guns and ammo laying around? There are always exceptions but this is just another excuse to forward gun control if liberals cared about dead children they should start by addressing abortion but most of them don't care they care about attacking the 2nd amendment.

I am pretty confident that any self respecting parent and gun owner would take the need steps to lockup and secure their firearms if their child or family member was having serious mental health problems. They would probably do a great many things to their house and their daily life. Maybe they would lock their knife draw since more kids cut them selves as well.

To say that they need the government or Healthcare industry to remind them is stupid.

These people will stop at nothing to take away our 2A rights. Even if they have to label every child as clinically depressed. Unbelievable.

Back
Top Bottom