Article: MN: Did man go too far to protect his home?

Sure charge him with premeditated, with no lesser included meaning premeditated or nothing, and he will walk.

A bit excessive, but he had been burglarized several times that year and probably just had enough. Not acceptable, shoot and call the PD - don't hide the bodies for a day.

Last edited:
I think the thing to take note here: don't incriminate yourself. The way he described it all and what he was "trying" to do is about 80% of his problem. If he had told police "I was scared for my life!" that would eliminate 90% of his problems. The not calling police for a day and other factors are not so great, but he might have been in shock and you could probably argue that. I figure this guy is probably going to jail, but he put himself there by talking.

I think the thing to take note here: don't incriminate yourself. The way he described it all and what he was "trying" to do is about 80% of his problem. If he had told police "I was scared for my life!" that would eliminate 90% of his problems. The not calling police for a day and other factors are not so great, but he might have been in shock and you could probably argue that. I figure this guy is probably going to jail, but he put himself there by talking.

Absolutely do not talk to the police, unless you're going to say "I was in fear for my life and I think I'm still in shock, I need a medic."

I am almost positive we discussed this case last year when it broke. ...Anywho I don't really get why some of us here always jump to defend anything that could, maybe be a good shoot. As I recall his story didn't make any sense: 1) why would 2 druggies in a smash n grab bother to take their damn sweet time? 2) why would the second kid go downstairs 5 minutes after hearing her cohort get shot? 3) he only called police days later because he "didn't want to bother them on thanksgiving" and after inquiring if his neighbor knew any good lawyers 4) he admitted to police he executed the female after she "started laughing at him"

Tryvon was a good shoot, and shooting a burgler is totally legitimate but this was clearly something else.

Last edited:
He's going to have a tough time, check the orig report

A few minutes later, according to the complaint, Kifer came down into the basement and he shot her as well until she fell down the stairs. He said he tried to shoot her again, and when his Mini 14 rifle jammed, she laughed at him. He said this made him upset.

“If you’re trying to shoot somebody and they laugh at you, you go again,” he told police. He said he shot her multiple times in the chest with a .22-caliber revolver.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2012/11/26/man-charged-in-2-little-falls-teen-deaths/

Well, depending what else he has said and the forensics, he could claim he thought at that point (the getting shot and laughing) they were strung out on something real bad. Plenty of PCP stories to back him up.

Main thing is he completely screwed himself by talking and not just SSS

Last edited:
breaking into someones home should be a death sentence, how that sentence is carried out by the homeowner i don't really care. the more criminals that think breaking into a persons home is a death sentence the better. i really don't care if this guy torchered them for a couple days first.

He deserves a life sentence.

You shoot to stop, not shoot to kill. Even if the teenager was in fact armed and a threat to his life as soon as she was down and unable to fight you don't, "Finish her off".

He should have called police/ambulance and then attempted to help her. As far as I'm concerned, he knowingly and maliciously murdered at least one of them.

You shoot to stop, not shoot to kill. Even if the teenager was in fact armed and a threat to his life as soon as she was down and unable to fight you don't, "Finish her off".

He should have called police/ambulance and then attempted to help her. As far as I'm concerned, he knowingly and maliciously murdered at least one of them.

indeed once threat has ended you don't "finish" the job

No way on the premeditated charges, not like he could plan when they would break into his house again or if they would.

I certainly understand his frustration in being targeted multiple times and probably not getting much help from the police but still you shoot until the threat is stopped then call the police. You don't get to execute them.

Jail time yes, premeditated no.

This. As far as I am concerned he was justified to shoot to stop the threat, but where he messed up is how he handled it from there. At least in the eyes of the law.

There is no reason to purposely take a life.
i own guns for the purpose of incapacitation and protection, not killing.

sorry but I do not share your knee jerk defense of anyone who fires a gun inside their home. No need to purposely take a life....if the intruder runs off or is incapacitated then we stop shooting.

any of you think its fine to "shoot to kill" you are fooling yourself. Live the rest of your life knowing you took a life....it will eat you from the inside out.

Jail time for defending your home after being constantly violated.

So a bunch of you think it's ok to give government the power to kidnap a man who had to take matters into his own hands because that same government was unable to protect him?

You guys need to learn to leave other people the **** alone.

There is no reason to purposely take a life.
i own guns for the purpose of incapacitation and protection, not killing.

sorry but I do not share your knee jerk defense of anyone who fires a gun inside their home. No need to purposely take a life....if the intruder runs off or is incapacitated then we stop shooting.

any of you think its fine to "shoot to kill" you are fooling yourself. Live the rest of your life knowing you took a life....it will eat you from the inside out.

I fail to see how someone else living with that is your problem, or grants you the right to have them imprisoned. Please go ahead and explain how that works.

you know what Dante's Inferno's last and closest circle to Satan himself represents?
TREACHERY - the ninth circle of hell.

I think Mr Smith did us a favor by removing Evil from the world. Why do I sound so callous?
Simple.

A. There are several things here that just don't add up.
B. Teens can be just as dangerous as adults, pretending to be normal, but going around committing crimes.

First:
After she fell, he tried to shoot her again but his gun jammed, and she laughed,

No kid I know would laugh about anything after getting shot. To me this is a sign that the kids were psychopaths. You don't MOCK your assailant unless there is something seriously wrong with you.

SECOND: here's further proof:

Kifer and Brady were cousins and were well-known in the community. Both were involved in sports, and Kifer worked several part-time jobs, according to online obituaries.

SEEMS NORMAL EXCEPT uh oh:

But a different picture of the teens emerged after their deaths. Authorities have said a car linked to Brady and Kifer contained prescription drugs that had been stolen from another house, apparently the day before they were killed. And court documents from another case show Brady had burglarized Smith’s property at least twice in the months before he was shot.

Who knows what other stuff these kids were up to and planning.

THERE IS EVIL IN THIS WORLD
Even though it mocked Mr. Smith while he was eradicating it, good will always prevail.

Last edited:
in mass if a burgular survives you shooting him expect to get sued in court for causing his disability. you aim to kill end of story, not injure. the only thing this guy is guilty of is talking to the police.

Don't want to get killed? Don't break into people's houses.

This sums it up in a nutshell. Have some shitball break in to YOUR house, where YOUR children & spouse sleep; where everything you WORKED to own is. Then tell me these cruds didn't get what they had coming. Right is right, wrong is wrong. These cretins were violating the man's home, his castle, the one place in the world that he should feel completely safe. Who among us would volunteer to have his/her home violated in a similar fashion, and then stand by idle as all that you have worked for is shit upon by a couple of f**king losers? When you take away all the candy coating, these cruds didn't give a shit that they had violated the sanctity of this mans home. Where does it end? They got all the mercy that they showed and deserved. You can make all the arguments to me about mercy and "appropriate force"; it's pablum puked out by the weak in my opinion. A weapon has but one purpose: TO KILL. In the hands of a properly trained individual, that is just what it will be used for. I made my peace with the concept as an 18 year old Marine Infantryman; I am still OK with it, and everything that entails.
If I was on that jury, I'd set him free, and buy the guy a beer afterwards.

Last edited:
Smith was not protecting himself or his property, at least not when he went back and shot the girl. That was an execution, and Smith deserves to fry.

What should he have done? Baked them cookies and read them a book?

but seriously this
"You shoot to stop, not shoot to kill. Even if the teenager was in fact armed and a threat to his life as soon as she was down and unable to fight you don't, "Finish her off".

He should have called police/ambulance and then attempted to help her"

[h=1]10 Horrible Crimes Committed By Children
[/h]http://listverse.com/2013/07/25/9-horrible-crimes-committed-by-children/

[h=1]FBI Checking Satanist Teen's Claim of 22 Murder Victims
[/h]http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fbi-checking-satanist-teens-claim-22-murder-victims-n31771

here's your google search, it's eye opening.

https://www.google.com/search?q=tee...murderers+wiki&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

There is A LOT wrong with this story and presumably a lot of missing information as well. There is little doubt that the "kids" were no angels and Mr. Smith had every right to defend himself if/when he felt threatened. Certainly the notion of someone laughing at someone who has just shot them (ostensibly in defense) is quite disturbing, and if true illustrates a serious deficiency in mental process (at the time anyway). However, the fact that Mr. Smith moved the girl's body and preformed a "good, clean finishing shot" to me suggests a very real emotional detachment that I find just as troubling as her alleged laughing.

I suspect there's a lot more here than what we know. For one, why is there an audio recording of the killings?

Last edited:
"...And court documents from another case show Brady had burglarized Smith’s property at least twice in the months before he was shot"
PSGWSP!

Back
Top Bottom