Article: Heckler & Koch officially announces the striker-fired VP9

Looks like an excellent pistol, and at an MSRP of $719, it should be wildly popular. Is HK finally realizing who their best customers are?

Oooo... a longer, taller, heavier Glock 19 with a pinch better sight radius for more money from a company who says we suck and hates us. Where do I sign up!!?

its on the trigger guard. see it? little thumb lever towards the grip. im assuming pushes down similar to the PPS.

Exactly correct. As much as I'm accustomed to the standard style release I really do like the HK/Walther release. It's very unobtrusive and easy to actuate in multiple ways.

HK mag release is the shiz. My thumb isn't long enough to depress the lever on some handguns, but HK makes that irrelevant since you can use your index or middle finger.

The gun is ugly as hell, though.

I'd buy one. Would hump.

I sold my P30, never really got used to the trigger... but it was sad because that gun fit my hand better than anything else I've ever tried.

How the hell does the mag release work on that thing?

1/10, would not bang.

As a left-handed shooter, I highly prefer these European style mag releases. You'll find them on the Walther and HK pistols... they are fully ambidextrous and can be operated very easily.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd buy one. Would hump.

I sold my P30, never really got used to the trigger... but it was sad because that gun fit my hand better than anything else I've ever tried.

I'm in the same boat... I LOVE the way the P30 feels, love the build quality and overall fit on my hand, but I just can't shoot it QUITE as well as my G19. I just can't quite get used to a DA/SA trigger, and I have no intention of converting it to LEM.

Any word on if HK plans to submit the VP9 for MA compliance testing? If so, will we have one with a big ugly safety switch on it?

So S&W rips off Glock and now these guys are ripping off S&W. What goes around comes around I guess. It does look pretty bad ass though.

It is alleged to have an excellent trigger. I bet you would be able to buy one of these in MA at a much lower price than a massively overpriced 20 year old Glock, or the massively overpriced new Glocks that you can buy here, since they will likely put it through the AG bullshit testing and "get on the list". And I am a Glock fan. Even though you would have to use cripple mags, I'm gonna guess it will be worlds above a Ruger or an M&P, the primary choices for new, striker fired guns in the Commiewealth of Mass - at least in this price range.

Oooo... a longer, taller, heavier Glock 19 with a pinch better sight radius for more money from a company who says we suck and hates us. Where do I sign up!!?

Not so sure about that buddy. Last I checked this isn't going to be a pile of crap like the m&p and considering HK came out with the first striker fire pistol back with p7 and vp70 it's going to be leaps and bounds above any m&p.
So S&W rips off Glock and now these guys are ripping off S&W. What goes around comes around I guess. It does look pretty bad ass though.

Useless in Mass:

10 round mag? No thanks.
10 lb trigger? No thanks.

No pre ban 15 round mags available here. (P30 mags - which is what the VP9 uses were made after the AWB so you can only have 10 round mags in Mass)
Attorney General says you must have a 10 lb trigger.

I'd rather a Glock with 17 rounds and an awesome trigger.

In a free state:

I might want a VP9.

Even if HK put a decent trigger on this gun which is something they don't seem to do with their other guns, it would have the M******* trigger and you would still have to get a trigger job, and this with cripple mags only make it non viable in MA IMO.

Back
Top Bottom