Article: Guns at School? If There’s a Will, There Are Ways

The sheep are never at a loss for words. Self help is obviously frowned upon by the usual suspects.

"In Massachusetts, Louisiana and Nevada, a teacher can carry a gun on campus with written permission from school officials."

How is this one area where our laws might be considered liberal? I'd imagine no school officials would ever give permission, but still for Mass, this is kind of surprising...

"In Massachusetts, Louisiana and Nevada, a teacher can carry a gun on campus with written permission from school officials."

How is this one area where our laws might be considered liberal? I'd imagine no school officials would ever give permission, but still for Mass, this is kind of surprising...

I was shocked at this info, I am a teacher and I had no clue. Wouldn't even dare ask my administration though, not worth the backlash

I am a college student (and a Marine), and was denied authorization to carry twice even tho I cited the MGL that allows this. The University Chief of Police told me there are no guns on campus, not even by campus PD, because an off duty LEO had an "incident" with a firearm on campus. Way to ruin it for all of us.

This came from the same Chief of Police that authorized a girl to have pepper spray in the forms only because her father is a LEO in California.. a girl that does not possess a MA FID card.

See the recent thread about Lt. Col Dave Grossman from his Burlington, MA program last week:

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...tings-conducted-jihadists-coming-america.html

Dave mentioned an impressive list of school systems around the country that were arming their teachers and staff. He's a real advocate for having an armed presence in all schools from kindergarten through the university level and he preaches that philosophy when speaking to educators and administrators. And it sounds like the idea is gaining some momentum at least in various southern and western states.

Grossman emphasized that unarmed security was no security. Need-less-to-say arming teachers will never happen here even if something really bad happens. Best case might be to get a stronger police presence. Still, I suspect some the yeshivas and synagogues perceived to be at high risk are probably taking better precautions that other schools and churches. But for the rest it will probably take another tragedy before much of anything much really gets done. That's the way it always seems to happen.

Last edited:
I'd much rather have armed teachers in school than armed $10/hr cop-wanna-be security guards. If each volunteer teacher received 40 hours of firearms training per year, they would be better trained than any run-o-the-mill security guard. In fact, they'd be better trained than most non-military jobs that require a firearm (i.e. armed security guards, armored car personnel, corrections officers). I'd much rather have an armed teacher, who might just care about the kids, than an armed guard on a power trip.

Corrections officers get the same amount of gun training in the academy as police officers.
After that they have to qualify once a year. It's not eneough,but it's the same as police.
Hopefully they practice shooting on their own time, because the city and state won't pay for training after the academy.

I think if i were an amored car guard...i would want to be VERY proficient with my handgun....
If i were a teacher....well not sure what kind of a shot you'd get!

I am a college student (and a Marine), and was denied authorization to carry twice even tho I cited the MGL that allows this. The University Chief of Police told me there are no guns on campus, not even by campus PD, because an off duty LEO had an "incident" with a firearm on campus. Way to ruin it for all of us.

This came from the same Chief of Police that authorized a girl to have pepper spray in the forms only because her father is a LEO in California.. a girl that does not possess a MA FID card.

I requested authorization way back in the mid-late 1970s from NU but was denied of course. And there was a rumor of an incident (ND) by an off-duty LEO on campus. Shortly after my request I joined the PD and could carry there with impunity anyway.

I'd much rather have armed teachers in school than armed $10/hr cop-wanna-be security guards. If each volunteer teacher received 40 hours of firearms training per year, they would be better trained than any run-o-the-mill security guard. In fact, they'd be better trained than most non-military jobs that require a firearm (i.e. armed security guards, armored car personnel, corrections officers). I'd much rather have an armed teacher, who might just care about the kids, than an armed guard on a power trip.

10 armed individuals make the children in 10x more danger, except when the kids have the last name Obama.

It is really a no brainer. Armed AND trained teachers are the best way to stop a shooter. Yes the libtards have a point about how dangerous it would be to have a shootout in a classroom, but its better than just having a maniac in a shooting gallery.

If it were allowed, I would volunteer a couple days here and there to sit in a school broom closet with a gun and vest for a few hours. I'm sure there would be no shortage of volunteers. No need to pay anyone.

I requested authorization way back in the mid-late 1970s from NU but was denied of course. And there was a rumor of an incident (ND) by an off-duty LEO on campus. Shortly after my request I joined the PD and could carry there with impunity anyway.

I used to want to be in law enforcement. First as a statie, then an agent in the FBI, then the DEA. But I don't want to anymore. I highly disagree with LEOs being placed above the law that citizens have to follow, and want nothing to do with it.
I even told the Chief at school that I would go to a range with him (he is a former statie) to show him my proficiency and weapons handling, respect for the weapon, etc (pistol expert and multiple rifle expert awards). Told him I would take tests, write a paper, all this bs. He said he'd take it to the board of the school and get back to me. I never heard from him again. Not even an email to tell me they wouldn't go for it. Apparently, because I'm not a LEO (only a vet from a combat zone) I didn't deserve any time in his day.

The Chief didn't elaborate on the incident with the off duty LEO, but I assume it was either an ND, or showing off his gun to a student / threatening another student. But regular citizens can't be trusted

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom