Article: GOP Debate: Rubio Criticizes Gun Control, Does Not Mention His Vote for 1999

Funny how that is. The mods brought up Trump's checkered past on 2A with his support of an AWB. Interesting how they didn't mention Rubio's support for the gun ban.

Also funny how they brought up Heller, but it wasn't mentioned that Cruz argued and WON that case in front of SCOTUS!

Rubio is a tool. There's a reason why so many people - including Democrats in freaking Massachusetts - are voting for Trump in the primaries.

The "establishment" is lining up behind Rubio now that Bush has crashed in flames.

That's reason enough to not vote for him.

Rubio is a tool. There's a reason why so many people - including Democrats in freaking Massachusetts - are voting for Trump in the primaries.

The "establishment" is lining up behind Rubio now that Bush has crashed in flames.

That's reason enough to not vote for him.

Of course Democrats are voting for Trump in the primaries. They know that he is the candidate most easily defeated by Hillary.

But Rubio was called out on gun issues long before this presidential campaign cycle begin. On November 7, 2009, the Tampa Bay Times reported that former NRA president Marion Hammer made clear that she not impressed with Rubio’s energy for pro-gun issues while he was Florida House Speaker (2007-2008). Hammer said, “He was a big disappointment to us when he was the speaker. He talked the talk, but he didn’t walk the walk.”

An other fraud, "talked the talk, didn't walk the walk." This is root of our political apocalypse now. No thanks!

Agreed. 1999 was a long time ago... His defending the 2nd ammendment point was a good answer. Why the hate? New to politics (meaning first time i have ever considered voting)
I have changed my opinions on lots of political issues over the course of time. I don't fault Rubio for his vote 17 years ago. It is more important to look at his more recent votes or stances.
But, I bet you can, and would if asked, explain why you changed. Rubio has not. That's the bigger issue, his silence.

Back
Top Bottom