Article: GERALDO: VINCE VAUGHN SOUNDS LIKE TIMOTHY MCVEIGH DEFENDING GUN RIGHTS

see, that is how the media paints people exercising a right that they themselves don't think we should have. Vince Vaughn is not a domestic terrorist but now he is painted as one by this Jerry Springer style media has been.

We are being lumped in with criminals.

Clown's ex #4 lives in town and he shows up every summer in his salebote. Prances around town like he's special. Jackass. Makes me want to get my old Sonic back and make a few runs by his mooring.

how about this story from 2001

Fellow journalists upset at Geraldo Rivera for carrying gun in Afghanistan
The NandO Times ^ | December 12, 2001 6:15 a.m. EST | By DAVID BAUDER, Associated Press
Posted on 12/12/2001, 3:48:32 PM by [email protected]

NEW YORK (December 12, 2001 6:15 a.m. EST) - From his position near Tora Bora, Afghanistan, Fox News Channel correspondent Geraldo Rivera seemed more agitated by a question about carrying a gun than by the mortar rounds that just exploded nearby.

"I refuse to address that issue," said Rivera, speaking into a satellite phone. "It's been blown way out of proportion. It makes me sound like a tabloid talk show host goes to war. It's so unfair."

Yet Rivera's decision to bring a gun into a war zone where eight journalists have been killed has raised questions about whether it's a proper - or wise - thing for a reporter to do.

Many reporters say that carrying a gun is risky because soldiers would be less likely to believe a claim that someone is a journalist, making them potential targets.

"If the word gets out that a journalist is carrying a gun, it makes it difficult for everyone," said Peter Arnett, a former war correspondent for The Associated Press and CNN.

Geraldo sucks and his opinions are meaningless. I think this was established years ago.

did he arrive at that conclusion the same way he arrived at Al Capone's vault? too bad the kluckkers didn't break more than his nose.

What does McVeigh have to do with gun rights? And his experience with a militia was to be kicked out.

Jerry Rivers just uses his name for propaganda fear factor.

0625edbcc3cf17c258b8e1eb1d1e27e406d97563f10f6c5099a927cebc5e6d44.jpg

I guess Al Capone's empty vault wasn't enough attention for him. Or giving away the unit's position he was embedded with in Gulf 1 on live TV. This guy is nothing but a turd and has been for years.

Hey Geraldo, what was the big secret in the foot of the Sphinx? Oh nothing?

Geraldo is a doosh first class. Just a lib media attack and shame agent.

see, that is how the media paints people exercising a right that they themselves don't think we should have. Vince Vaughn is not a domestic terrorist but now he is painted as one by this Jerry Springer style media has been.

We are being lumped in with criminals.

This somehow comes as a surprise to you?

READ:
https://bananas.liberty.me/youre-a-criminal-in-a-mass-surveillance-world-how-to-not-get-caught/

I say I was lucky because the cosmic unlikeliness of my Secret Annex visit coinciding with Snowden’s mass surveillance revelations led to some revelations of my own. My understanding of law, criminality, and mass surveillance coalesced into a horrifying picture.

It turns out we’re all criminals in a mass surveillance world. The only question is whether we’ll get caught. Let me explain.
What Makes a Criminal?

Merriam-Webster defines crime as “activity that is against the law.” Law is defined as a “set of rules made by the government.” Thus a criminal is someone who breaks government rules.

The law as a whole is an ever-expanding collection of rules that politicians (“lawmakers”) decree and occasionally repeal. Laws are as moral as the politicians who make them.

Simply put, laws are the rules politicians make up, and criminals are people who break them.

It floored me to realize: Anne Frank was, in fact, a criminal. She was a fugitive of the law.

We can express outrage at the designation since Anne did nothing wrong. And we can debate which rules of any particular regime are tolerable or repugnant. But our opinions don’t change the fact that “criminal” is a government-defined standard imposed on us, the governed.

A law-abiding citizen was obligated to turn Anne into the police. To assist her was a crime. In America the Fugitive Slave Law obligated law-abiding citizens to turn in runaway slaves, and assisting them was punishable by 6 months in jail and a $28,000 fine (in today’s dollars).

To understand why we’re criminals requires a basic overview of how law is created and enforced.

Every law hatches a new crime with an associated punishment. A law is both an order and a threat, for if a law carries no threat of punishment, it’s not a law. It’s a suggestion. Politicians mince words by using different labels for their rules – laws, regulations, statutes, bills, acts, ordinances, et cetera – but they all fundamentally mean the same thing: Obey or be punished.

Every year American politicians create thousands of new laws. They are incorporated into volumes consisting of hundreds of thousands of pages of legalese. The laws are grouped into “codes” such as the CFR, USC, IRS Code, and codes for every state. These codes, along with the Constitution, executive orders, ratified treaties, county and city ordinances, and rulings from district courts to the Supreme Court comprise U.S. law as a whole.

Although the law is incomprehensible to the governed, ignorance of the law is not a defense when you’re prosecuted by the government.

Suspicion of committing even the most trivial crime subjects you to arrest at the discretion of a law enforcement officer. The Supreme Court has ruled that it’s legal to arrest people for crimes such as driving without a seatbelt or having unpaid parking tickets. Arrest can result in imprisonment for months or years without ever being convicted of a crime.

In America the punishments for not obeying politicians’ rules may include monetary fines, property confiscation, imprisonment (including de facto rape and torture), and execution.

The application of these punishments is wildly inconsistent and often horrifically arbitrary. The minimum sentence for first degree murder in Illinois is 20 years, but in Indiana it’s 45 years. Compare 20 years for murder with 15 years for having sex on a beach. Or a 5 years for stabbing a man to death. Or a 5 days (yes, days) for raping a 14-year old girl. Victimless crimes often carry far harsher sentences than raping and killing people, such as 25 years for selling painkillers to a friend.

The Supreme Court ruled in 1978 that it’s legal for prosecutors to threaten you with catastrophic punishment – even life imprisonment – for a minor crime if you don’t forfeit your right to a jury trial. (In the landmark case prosecutors secured a life sentence for forging an $88 check because the defendant refused a plea bargain.)

Because prosecutors wield such enormous power, almost everyone takes a plea bargain. Getting your day in court is a myth perpetuated in TV shows and movies. Innocent people often agree to plead guilty and suffer the punishment rather than risk having their lives destroyed. The system is rigged against you, and your chance of conviction at trial is around 90%.

This government prosecutor explains to new prosecutors that the goal of jury selection is to pick people who “are as unfair and more likely to convict than anybody else in that room.”

Maybe it's time to wake hell up - whatya think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom