Article: BRAZIL: EXPANDED BACKGROUND CHECKS, REGISTRATION, AND GUN DEATHS AT A 35-YEA

Just more evidence that it doesn't work. Unfortunately , this will still not convince the liberal anti's.

One of my coworkers is from a town near Rio, but she flies to another city and makes the longer drive because Rio is so dangerous. Excepting the beach & nearby tourism area, it's pretty much a hopeless cause. Yes, the criminals are well armed and the public have nothing.

I went to a big soccer game in Sao Paulo and wished I was armed. Stupid taxi driver dropped us off at the visiting team entrance, which looked like a war zone. Armored vehicles, soldiers, police in riot gear, military dogs, chaos...

Some years back, when a certain President of ours was proclaiming that he had "not had sex with that woman...", I was having a political discussion with a colleague. I was of the view that our President's behavior was unbecoming of a President and that committing perjury was an impeachable offense.

His retort was how terrible our country was, how narrow-minded we were, that if he ever got married it would be an open marriage, and that he had spent time in Brazil and how much better it was than the US.

Yeah, Brazil, what a paradise. [thinking]

Back
Top Bottom