Article: Atlanta Paper Epitomizes Gun Grabbers’ Tactics In 2 Sentences Back-to-Back

Well, at least it's only "assault weapons" and not people's guns. Kinda had me worried that they were "infringing" or something.

Wow. These people can't even say three sentences without completely contradicting themselves.

Just like the usual "I support the 2nd Amendment, BUT..."

Or Killary and Bl-Obama, when they say that they aren't coming for our guns but hold up Australia as a shining example of utopia!?!?

That is the next big push, CT & NY will be first on the list as they already have technical violators to go after. The rest of us are on the list - just further down.

You have better have already made your decision for when the announce the confiscation; do you stand in line to turn in your firearms or do you decide against it.

Not going to happen here in Georgia.
Obama had no idea how right he was when he talked about a bunch of people clinging to their bibles and guns...

Are there actually any free states anymore?

Yes.
I traded firearms last night with another Georgia resident.
He had a Sig P232 that my wife wanted; I had a Glock 42 that I didn't need.
(Flat up trade because we're friends, it really wasn't a $ for $ comparison based trade)

Because it's Georgia, and we're both residents - No paperwork, no "approvals", no registration, just traded.
It's 100% legal.

My wife and I are currently carrying on our Florida permits while we wait for our Georgia permits to be processed, (total time is typically 10 days). But "carry permits" have NOTHING to do with purchasing/trading/selling firearms in the state of Georgia, permits are for CONCEALED CARRY. I can buy/sell/trade guns right now. If I buy from an FFL, I'll have to go through the NICS background check. Once I have my Georgia permit, I won't have to do that, as it's presumed that I've passed it.

And those 80% lowers that were only good for paperweights in CT? I can finish them here in Georgia - quite legally. At least I can as soon as I straighten out my garage. We unloaded the 16'x8'x8' POD into the garage this weekend, and everything that was stacked up vertically is now spread out horizontally... I can barely walk into the garage right now. [rolleyes]

Yeah, there are free states - we just moved to one. It cost us a fair bit of money to do so, but in our case, I think it's money well spent - for a lot of reasons not just firearms.

This is the same strategy they are using in Lexington - they are trying to sell the myth that "normal/ordinary gun owners" do not own any sort of firearms that they classify as "assault weapons".

(APN) ATLANTA — The Assault Weapons Ban Bill, HB 731, has been introduced in the State House, and is co-sponsored by State Reps. Mary Margaret Oliver (D-Decatur), Rep. Stacey Abrams (D-Atlanta), Rep. Carolyn Hugley (D-Columbus), Rep. Pat Gardner (D-Atlanta), Rep. Dar’shun Kendrick (D-Lithonia), and Rep. Dee Dawkins-Haigler (D-Lithonia).

http://www.legis.ga.gov/Legislation/20152016/154275.pdf

The bill prohibits the sale, distribution, transport possession, and use of assault weapons, large capacity magazines, and armor-piercing bullets in Georgia.

“As a Christian, I think gun violence is an issue Georgians want to discuss in a fair and rational way,” Rep. Oliver said at a press conference announcing the bill on Thursday, January 14, 2016.

The U.S. Federal Assault Weapon Ban of 1994 expired in 2004 and has not been renewed. Now some U.S. states are passing legislation to ban assault weapons on the state level.

HB 731 is based on a State of Connecticut statute upheld by a federal Court of Appeals.

In October 2015, a three judge panel of the Second Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals unanimously upheld laws in both Connecticut and the State of New York, which ban possession of assault weapons. The court ruled the laws did not infringe on rights of citizens in those states under the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the U.S..

Assault weapons are defined, in this bill, as fully automatic, semiautomatic, or burst fire guns that fire multiple high-velocity rounds quickly. With burst fire guns, one pulls the trigger only once; and the weapons will continue to shot multiple rounds even if the person loses control of the gun.

http://atlantaprogressivenews.com/2...emocrats-seek-assault-weapons-ban-in-georgia/

The question everybody needs to very seriously ask themselves is:

Why now?

Why is it that they're going so retard and actually OPENLY talking about confiscation?

Yes.
I traded firearms last night with another Georgia resident.
He had a Sig P232 that my wife wanted; I had a Glock 42 that I didn't need.
(Flat up trade because we're friends, it really wasn't a $ for $ comparison based trade)

Because it's Georgia, and we're both residents - No paperwork, no "approvals", no registration, just traded.
It's 100% legal.

My wife and I are currently carrying on our Florida permits while we wait for our Georgia permits to be processed, (total time is typically 10 days). But "carry permits" have NOTHING to do with purchasing/trading/selling firearms in the state of Georgia, permits are for CONCEALED CARRY. I can buy/sell/trade guns right now. If I buy from an FFL, I'll have to go through the NICS background check. Once I have my Georgia permit, I won't have to do that, as it's presumed that I've passed it.

And those 80% lowers that were only good for paperweights in CT? I can finish them here in Georgia - quite legally. At least I can as soon as I straighten out my garage. We unloaded the 16'x8'x8' POD into the garage this weekend, and everything that was stacked up vertically is now spread out horizontally... I can barely walk into the garage right now. [rolleyes]

Yeah, there are free states - we just moved to one. It cost us a fair bit of money to do so, but in our case, I think it's money well spent - for a lot of reasons not just firearms.

There are states more free than that lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are states more free than that lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was born in Maryland, been living in Connecticut for the last forty years. This feels like freedom to me.
I do realize that it's nothing in comparison to Massachusetts, but I'll take what I can get... <snicker>.

Back
Top Bottom