Article about urban survival

It's a great article. It's weird though about Argentina, I don't understand what went wrong with their country. They have been slipping into being a 3rd world country for the last 30 years.
It would be really great to figure out just how the hell they allowed that to happen.

Milsurps 4 Me said:
Reminds me of a question I always wondered.... w/out drifting off topic here, is body armor legal to own here in Mass?
I can't find any reference in MGL, except that it is a felony to wear body armor while commiting a felony.

reinbeau said:
I suggest this thread be moved to the Survival forum - what a sobering article.
I put it here on purpose, to get more exposure.
I think that it is important to read, even if you're not a "survivalist".
Thanks, Jack

Mod Hat On!

VIOLATING THE RULES OF THE FORUM BECAUSE YOU WANT "MORE EXPOSURE" MIGHT JUST GET YOU THE KIND OF "EXPOSURE" YOU DON'T WANT HERE! [They call it "anarchy"!]

Ann is right and thus, this thread IS being moved to the appropriate forum!

MrsWildweasel said:
Here you go here's the link.
www.frugalsquirrels.com
Interesting website, at first glance, thanks.
I've always been a little leary of the whole "survival" scene, it seems to attract some kinds of people that I'd rather not be seen with.
I'm sure that doesn't include any folks on THIS forum.
When the discusion centers around the realities of the world, more along the lines of self-reliance in a practicle sense, it gets much more interesting.
I quess it's because I grew up worrying about the Commies / Axis of Evil, that I just don't have the emotional stamina to deal with imagined crises anymore.
The Urban Survival article seems to address practical aspects of dealing with a social/economic breakdown in a way that is to easy to relate to my life. The article reminded me that I'm not very well prepared and seems to have prioritized things so that it is easier to see where to start.
Along these lines, I've read and enjoyed the "Foxfire" books. Anyone else?

Must be something they are blocking here at work... Probably the port 81 redirect...

I got by it though.

Thanks

Some VERY sobering information there...

Most importantly is that things like this, could happen anywhere.

Adam

I just got an order in from a surplus store...
I will be putting the finishing touches on my major bug out bag, but this sort of thing has gotten me thinking even more...

Time to re-think some things (within reason of course)

Back
Top Bottom