Article: 5 Best Concealed Carry Drills

All the practice in the world can not simulate the real thing can it? The nervousness, adrenaline and fear that goes along with drawing a gun to shoot a person while facing death yourself does not seem like something you can really train for but on the other hand training can not hurt I suppose. I would be interested to hear from police or individuals on how their first REAL experience like this went.

All the practice in the world can not simulate the real thing can it? The nervousness, adrenaline and fear that goes along with drawing a gun to shoot a person while facing death yourself does not seem like something you can really train for but on the other hand training can not hurt I suppose. I would be interested to hear from police or individuals on how their first REAL experience like this went.

If you are ever in a gunfight, would you rather be able to quickly draw, shoot accurately, and move, all with little conscious thought? Or not? Competition like USPSA and IDPA certainly isn't training. Nor is it combat. But it does add some stress and the competition encourages us to practice.

However you decide to practice, it seems to me that the more you practice and the closer your practice is to reality, the better.

nope. just like basic training can't train soldiers for combat. They are all good mental exercises though right? any edge helps and we cant practice on the real thing. neither can police, etc.

Back
Top Bottom