Army is back at it in Pheonix...Urban Training, Black Helo's

There seems to be confusion here. Was there a law enforcement operation undertaken by the U.S. Military in Phoenix? Unless something comes out to the contrary I don't see a violation of Posse Comitatus here at all. Or in any compartmentalized military training exercise elsewhere in the U.S.

If we start finding out that these guys were handing out training to local P.D. in the way tactics, materiel, or similar interaction that would change the conversation greatly. As it stands, I think we should be more concerned about the militarization of civil law enforcement the display of which we witnessed in Watertown last year.

I'm of the general opinion that the Military should not be deployed domestically unless its a "broken arrow" situation and the country is about to be doneskies... think Battle: Los Angeles. Then again, police should not be following military ROEs either, and shooting first to cover there own ass after executing a no-knock warrant. In the US, collateral damage isn't acceptable as it is overseas.

That said, you are way off base with this whole thread, as it problem you had was the American Military training for wars we are fighting overseas. So how about giving just ONE valid reason why small units shouldn't be allowed to conduct specialized training on a limited basis off-base.

Mike

Good.
National priority events are the only reasons for such an actual operation to take place. Our guys need to be able to train and its much safer/cheaper/easier/better here than anywhere else. Real operations isn't even in the same ballpark. Exactly right.

Clearly there is a big push for LE to get more militant and they have. Its getting ridiculous when they paint APCs with public safety and no-knock for low level drugs (more often on wrong doors it seems). Hell, we were knocking in Iraq the last couple years of that war. If we knock and bullhorn callout there, how can a no-nock possibly be appropriate on U.S. soil for anything other than a known armed hard-point scarface mf.

Back
Top Bottom