Arisaka

EDD

NES Member
My dad passed about a month ago and while going through some things I came across an Arisaka. I think I remember hearing something about it being a bring back by my Great Uncle from WWII. Anyway I had no idea my dad had it, maybe he even forgot about it. I don't really know anything about these rifles but from what I can tell it looks like Type 38. It looks to be fairly complete except the bolt safety knob is missing. Anyone have a spare safety knob they could part with? Also any tips on the rifle would be appreciated.

I knew that was coming. lol After some quick looking around it has school markings over the Chrysanthemum marking, as well as a few extra zeroes before the serial number. I'll see what I can do about some pics.
ari1_zpsymbjokwf.jpg

ari2_zpseatyvkef.jpg

ari3_zpskl5hhi1j.jpg

ari4_zpsm2s4jwpf.jpg

Last edited:
With mum and everything....nice.
If I had the parts I would give them up.
Sadly your probably going to pay more for the parts than just buying a complete bolt.
The parts are still out there but I have seen a jump in prices in the past year or so.
Like to see it returned to shooting glory.

So after a little more research I see that there are variations of safety knobs. Any tips on how to tell which type would be correct for this rifle?
Serial number 615,xxx so is looks like it's a Koishikawa (Tokyo) rifle. Has the triple circle symbol to the right of the serial. Does this sound right?
http://oldmilitarymarkings.com/japanese_markings.html No series marking to the left. Koishikawa did not use series serials.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom