Area's around Nashua for Squirel hunting

Hey,

So me and my friend wanted to give grey squirel hunting a try and were looking for some areas in or around nashua that would allow for a quiet late afternoon of taking out squirels. Preferably an area with light traffic or other hunting activity so we dont piss off/freak out too many people. I'm kind of new to the area so dont know what areas allow hunting/have low foot traffic.

Anyone have any sugestions?

Making some brunswick stew? [wink]

Its squirrel, most people would be happy to let you hunt in their back yard. Try the joyce park wildlife sanctuary [rofl]

Id suggest looking for woods around reservoirs or ponds, this time of year you have to worry about those damn leaf peepers though.

Nashua proper might not be the best place to look, plus city squirrels taste awful.

Nashua proper might not be the best place to look, plus city squirrels taste awful. I've got plenty of squirrels, but unlike the chipmunks, I don't have any reason to want to reduce their population this year.

You might ask on City-Data or a regional gardening forum, gotta be some folk who are fed up with the squirrels "sampling" their tomatoes, etc.

If you don't mind about a 30 minute ride (depending on where you are in Nashua), I'd suggest going to Mason. The place you want to go is where the old RR tracks cross Sandpit Road. Get on 130, take that all the way through Hollis and Brookline. When you cross 13 in Brookline, 130 turns into Mason Road. Mason Road turns into Brookline Road when you cross into Mason. You're going to go around a sharp right corner after you cross into Mason. Then you'll start going up what they call Parker's Hill in town. If you're going early I'd suggest stopping at Parker's Maple Barn for breakfast (about 1/3 the way up the hill). Then you're going to go to the top of the hill and take a right at Old County Road. Go to the bottom of the hill and bear left at Starch Mill Road. From there, you're going to take your next left onto Sandpit Road (dirt road). Follow Sandpit Road until you come to another hard right. On either side of that corner, you'll see orange gates blocking the RR tracks. North (to your right) will take you to Pratt Pond, South (to your left) will take you towards the center of town. After you're done, I'd also suggest hitting up State Line Gun Shop on Route 31 in town.

Cool, Thanks! Will def check out the maple barn too [smile]

A couple of tips about Parkers. If you go there on a weekend day during the peak of the fall foliage change, expect to wait a couple of hours for a table. Your first instinct is going to be to order the pancakes. While the pancakes there are huge and very good, the real unsung hero of the menu is the french toast. It's 2 gigantic slices of house made bread deep fried to perfection served doused in powdered sugar. It borders on being a religious experience. Another must have is the house made ham hash. I usually get the Parker's Special, with french toast instead of pancakes, and a split a side of ham hash with whoever I'm there with.

Back
Top Bottom