Are Meds disqualifying for the Military

I've been thinking lately. I dunno what I'm gonna do with my life. Maybe one of the armed forces can help me with that. That open up a huge series of questions, but its a waste of time if I'm ineligible.

I suffer from mild depression. The very worst it has ever gotten is me getting kinda mopey. tourrettes, but its relegated to barely audible throat clearing.

Am I automatically DQed from any armed force? in the off chance I'm not, would I be able to continue to take medication for these?

I've been thinking lately. I dunno what I'm gonna do with my life. Maybe one of the armed forces can help me with that. That open up a huge series of questions, but its a waste of time if I'm ineligible.

I suffer from mild depression. The very worst it has ever gotten is me getting kinda mopey. tourrettes, but its relegated to barely audible throat clearing.

Am I automatically DQed from any armed force? in the off chance I'm not, would I be able to continue to take medication for these?

almost everything is waiverable.

however, think about about what your doing. don't join for the wrong reasons because you'll waste a lot of your own time and valuable resources to end up back home.

i don't know about USMC, USAF and USN,

but anything Army they can put you out if they find anything wrong with you that would have disqualified from joining you when you joined within the first 180 days.

at the minimum:

-you will see Iraq, Afghanistan or Kuwait after 6+ months of training

So think about what you're actually doing

I have no idea, but I agree with Chet.. Make sure you're joining for the right reasons.. I wouldn't want to trust my life to the guy who joined the military because he was bored..

My son's recent experience suggests that waivers are harder to get than ever before. There are plenty of young people seeking to enlist. Pscyhotropic medication is going to be a tough hurdle to overcome.

Talk you your recruiter about it. And be sure you understand what you're letting yourself in for.

Thanks everybody. Again Its only a thought, but I didn't wanna waste time researching about if there was no chance. BTW I was thinking of USAF.

Thanks everybody. Again Its only a thought, but I didn't wanna waste time researching about if there was no chance. BTW I was thinking of USAF.

Just keep in mind the Air Force is the pickiest of all the branches. Things that may not disqualify you in the other branches, may and probably will keep you out of there.[thinking]

My friend joined 6 years ago, did not know what to do with himself. He was stationed in alaska.....when his time was up he couldnt run home fast enough. Really you are already depressed do you think the military is where you need to go. Your the first terets sp? that I have heard that does not yell out profanities......I have 2 friends with terets and its very interesting at times.

My friend joined 6 years ago, did not know what to do with himself. He was stationed in alaska.....when his time was up he couldnt run home fast enough. Really you are already depressed do you think the military is where you need to go. Your the first terets sp? that I have heard that does not yell out profanities......I have 2 friends with terets and its very interesting at times.

I'm going to study this, and may reply when I know what it means.

My cousin John had Tourettes and was a naval officer in the 70's - left with the rank of Lt Cmmdr. That being said, join for the right reasons.

I suffer from mild depression. The very worst it has ever gotten is me getting kinda mopey. Am I automatically DQed from any armed force? in the off chance I'm not, would I be able to continue to take medication for these?

1. Only your recruiter will be able to answer correctly, based on your medical record.

2. Don't think about concealing it, you'll eventually be found out.

3. Being deployed is no barrel of laughs.

If your just trying to figure yourself out, thats the wrong reason to join. Plus,if your already in a degraded mental state. I wouldnt recommend the military to you.

I had a kid in my squad with the same thing...I'm sure there is a waiver for it

Back
Top Bottom