AR15 Ten round mags...

Hi All,

Anybody know of a good place to get AR15 ten round mags?

Also, Is $20 about the going price?

I was only able to find 1 online source.

I was in a gun shop recently and was drooling over a 30 round magazine for $20. Just wish I was allowed to buy one in this state.

David

You can buy all the 30 round mags you want, as long as they are preban.

10 rounds do have a use though... sometimes the longer mags hit the bench you may be shooting from.

You can buy all the 30 round mags you want, as long as they are preban.

10 rounds do have a use though... sometimes the longer mags hit the bench you may be shooting from.

If they have a class A LTC.

Just ordered two of these from Midway week before last - and they came in last week:
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=439406

10 round DPMS Polymer mag.

They are listed as out of stock now.

I wanted a couple for the Appleseed shoot

20 and 30 round mags for AR's are easily available and you can get them shipped into the state if you have the proper high capacity license. There are occasionally people here on the NES classifieds selling them, I have seen 20 and 30 round mags for AR's available at a number of local gun shops. Gunbroker.com is also a good source for high cap AR mags.

I don't believe a Class B license is good enough to own high cap mags. In fact I believe you need a Class A to simply own a rifle that accepts high cap mags.

" (a) A Class A license shall entitle a holder thereof to purchase, rent, lease, borrow, possess and carry: (i) firearms, including large capacity firearms, and feeding devices and ammunition therefor, for all lawful purposes, subject to such restrictions relative to the possession, use or carrying of firearms as the licensing authority deems proper; and (ii) rifles and shotguns, including large capacity weapons, and feeding devices and ammunition therefor, for all lawful purposes; provided, however, that the licensing authority may impose such restrictions relative to the possession, use or carrying of large capacity rifles and shotguns as it deems proper. A violation of a restriction imposed by the licensing authority under the provisions of this paragraph shall be cause for suspension or revocation and shall, unless otherwise provided, be punished by a fine of not less than $1,000 nor more than $10,000; provided, however, that the provisions of section 10 of chapter 269 shall not apply to such violation."

I don't believe a Class B license is good enough to own high cap mags. In fact I believe you need a Class A to simply own a rifle that accepts high cap mags.

ntsa_2.jpg

An LTC-B is good for non-large capacity handguns and LARGE CAPACITY rifles and shotguns, INCLUDING their feeding devices.

MGL 140 said:
(b) A Class B license shall entitle a holder thereof to purchase, rent, lease, borrow, possess and carry: (i) non-large capacity firearms and feeding devices and ammunition therefor, for all lawful purposes, subject to such restrictions relative to the possession, use or carrying of such firearm as the licensing authority deems proper; provided, however, that a Class B license shall not entitle the holder thereof to carry or possess a loaded firearm in a concealed manner in any public way or place; and provided further, that a Class B license shall not entitle the holder thereof to possess a large capacity firearm, except under a Class A club license issued under this section or under the direct supervision of a holder of a valid Class A license at an incorporated shooting club or licensed shooting range; and (ii) rifles and shotguns, including large capacity rifles and shotguns, and feeding devices and ammunition therefor, for all lawful purposes; provided, however, that the licensing authority may impose such restrictions relative to the possession, use or carrying of large capacity rifles and shotguns as he deems proper. A violation of a restriction provided under this paragraph, or a restriction imposed by the licensing authority under the provisions of this paragraph, shall be cause for suspension or revocation and shall, unless otherwise provided, be punished by a fine of not less than $1,000 nor more than $10,000; provided, however, that the provisions of section 10 of chapter 269 shall not apply to such violation.

Last edited:
I'm feeling dumb again.... flame on!

OK,

I'm building a post ban AR.

I thought I couldn't use pre-ban mags in a post-ban rifle?

That's why I was looking for the 10 round mags.

Sig2009 & Make It in MA: Good links. Not sure if I want metal or plastic. 12.99 is better than 19.99!!

Also, I've got an LTC-A ALP.

David

Last edited:
OK,

I'm building a post ban AR.

I thought I couldn't use pre-ban mags in a post-ban rifle?

That's why I was looking for the 10 round mags.

Sig2009 & Make It in MA: Good links. Not sure if I want metal or plastic. 12.99 is better than 19.99!!

Also, I've got an LTC-A ALP.

David

You can use/own/possess all the PRE-BAN 20/30/40 rounders your wallet can afford!

Back
Top Bottom