AR10 LPK FDE

CStirling8011

NES Member
I have noticed that most kits will come with some parts in FDE but some other parts will still be black. Anyone know of any companies that make a LPK where all the parts are FDE. I'm talking take down pins, trigger, safety, mag release, bolt catch. Thanks in advance!

I think the problem you are going to run in to is that cerakoting pins gets sketchy. You have to first strip some material away from the pin. Then spray back EXACTLY enough to make it the same diameter again. Too small pins fall out, too much you scrape all the coating off trying to put them in. Not to mention that the only part of the pins that is visible is their tips and you'll probably knock that off putting them in. Then even if you get the coated pins in if they chip off some coating then your rifle will get totally unreliable in a hurry.

Same is true to a degree with things like the safety's body and the bolt release. These things have fairly tight tolerances to begin with and need to move smoothly. You would be better off getting anti roll pins. You can have just the screw in "caps" sprayed and put them on carefully. That way the pin diameter doesn't have to be f***ed with. Same with the safety. Get one of the ones that the lever and body are separate pieces. Then have the lever sprayed and the body left alone.

You can get the take-down pins sprayed and just accept that the coating is going to wear off the pin body after a while.

I doubt you'll find anyone that sells those parts sprayed, unless special ordered or something, just because they would get a million email's to CS about how the parts don't fit or the coating came off after they hit it 47 times because they didn't have things lined up correctly, etc...

TLDR version: Unless you get them sprayed yourself then two-tone life is probably in your future.

and that's my tree-fiddy.

I think the problem you are going to run in to is that cerakoting pins gets sketchy. You have to first strip some material away from the pin. Then spray back EXACTLY enough to make it the same diameter again. Too small pins fall out, too much you scrape all the coating off trying to put them in. Not to mention that the only part of the pins that is visible is their tips and you'll probably knock that off putting them in. Then even if you get the coated pins in if they chip off some coating then your rifle will get totally unreliable in a hurry.

Same is true to a degree with things like the safety's body and the bolt release. These things have fairly tight tolerances to begin with and need to move smoothly. You would be better off getting anti roll pins. You can have just the screw in "caps" sprayed and put them on carefully. That way the pin diameter doesn't have to be f***ed with. Same with the safety. Get one of the ones that the lever and body are separate pieces. Then have the lever sprayed and the body left alone.

You can get the take-down pins sprayed and just accept that the coating is going to wear off the pin body after a while.

I doubt you'll find anyone that sells those parts sprayed, unless special ordered or something, just because they would get a million email's to CS about how the parts don't fit or the coating came off after they hit it 47 times because they didn't have things lined up correctly, etc...

TLDR version: Unless you get them sprayed yourself then two-tone life is probably in your future.

and that's my tree-fiddy.
Thanks for explaining that. Can honestly say it didn't even cross my mind about changing the diameter on certain parts and changing its fitment

Thanks for explaining that. Can honestly say it didn't even cross my mind about changing the diameter on certain parts and changing its fitment
No problem brother. Hey two-tone life taint all bad. [laugh]

Here is one of mine. I'll post a few more later after I get some pics. That one is Midnight Bronze BTW.

20200420_145537~2.jpg

Brownells makes durahyde and alumahyde, that would work. You could also try duracoat. try it, worst case scenario you’re out $100 for the coating and a new lpk..

Back
Top Bottom