AR Upper?

GaryNH

NES Member
Have an A2 Bushy that I want to put a flattop upper on but I'd like to touch and feel first. I've heard of Umlaut but his website says he's out of stock on everything. Does anyone know of someone else in the NE area that does AR builds and might have some uppers onhand?

Thanks!

Gary

I don't know how far away you are from State Line Gun Shop, but the last time I was there they had quite a few AR's. The only thing is they were complete, I didn't see any uppers only. You could give them a call and see what they have available.

You want to build it into a flat top or you want to just buy a flat top complete upper and toss it on your rifle?

If build up, I also recommend the YHM. I actually got on on AR15.com a bit cheaper than that and used it to build my A1 bushy into a flat top. I love it.

If complete upper assembly, First Defense Firearms in Uxbridge had 3 earlier in the week. I believe they were Stag, all flat tops I think.

Last edited:
also the fitchburg gun show is coming up next week if it's not too bad of a drive for you. with EBR fever dying down you may be able to find parts.

I got a brand new S&W flat top complete with flip up sights and bolt group on Gun Broker for $400.. Plus the guy threw in a Colt carrying handle for free.

There's bargains out there if your willing to check their site every day.

He was a Army sargent from the Midwest who was being transfered to Texas. I've gotten some great deals on Gun Broker. I like to check the closing soon deals.

Stop by Remsport not only can you touch and feel some finished uppers and complete guns you can also touch and feel the unassembled parts.
We have a large assortment of AR parts and are currently building our stock of uppers and complete Remsport AR guns.
Contact us you won't be dissapointed.
413 579 1994
John

Here is my thoughts and what I did.....

I had an A2 Bushy that I sent back to Buhmaster. Had them mill off the front site and re park, new titanium firing pin, new trigger system ( 3lbs) new Predator handguards, new Izzy Brake installed and anti walk pins. Shipped $364.00 and it is like a new gun. Instead of buying a new upper, do this and save money for new optics!!!!!!! I used a SWFA one peice mount and got a Trijicon 1.25x4 Amber Dot on the SWFA sample list for $499.99( I would have to say it looked brand new with the box, 99%), not bad considering they around $725.00 from Midway

Thanks Redbos! My wife, in grand tradition, has agreed to fund the upper as a Xmas present this year. Just ordered a Stag 1H from Umlaut this morning!

Gary

Thanks again. I just picked up an Eotech 512 a couple of weeks ago. Optics is the driving force for the upper change. Right now it's a "post ban" A1 and the Eotech mounted high on the carry handle is unwieldy. I have it mounted on a gooseneck rail in front of the handle currently.

The Stag upper has the detachable carry handle and FSB so I'll have the best of both worlds and I'll just need a rail riser to get the Eotech clear of the FSB.

Gary

Back
Top Bottom